for Departure

6/15/2019 c2 MrGoodyTwoShoes
"Also everyone... this story isn't technically second-person. The reader isn't a character in the story! Candela is talking to Blanche through thoughts! The "you" in the previous chapter was Blanche."

I'm trying to give you the benefit of doubt here but I get the feeling you're only saying this to try and shake the heat that you made a mistake with the rules.

If this is truly what you meant with your story then you really need to do a better job of making sure the reader knows it's not addressing said reader directly but addressing the specific character. The way you've written it the story does look like you're addressing the reader directly. If you need to explain your intentions via an AN and not let the story explain it to the reader itself then you really need to go back and rework your story because it's only going to cause more trouble down the line.

Also, just because you (and others) say it's not interactive doesn't mean it's then allowed. The rules specifically say second person is not allowed, even if you meant it to be interactive or not.
6/1/2019 c1 Gemini67
[Allowed. On. This. Site. No. Matter. What. That. Fuckwit. Known. As. Hybrid. Of. Fate. Tells. You. ]

Second person pic stories are not forbidden. This guy is just being a complete asshole. Simple as that.
5/30/2019 c1 Guest
"any-and-all-spammers-in-this-section-who-deserve-nothing-but-beheading"

Uh what? Can people maybe not advocate literal murder over a freaking review?

What is going on here.
5/29/2019 c1 24NaturallyDark
I took a gander at the rules section because I was curious if those screaming reviewers were right, and guess what? They're not.

"5. Any form of interactive entry: choose your adventure, second person/you based, Q&As, and etc."

This is not an interactive entry and the character is not meant to be the reader themself, thus second-person in this case is acceptable. Context is important, folks.

Anyways, this story is very well-written and emotional. I'm more of a PMD kind of guy so I'm not particularly familiar with human characters, but you've depicted this final interaction beautifully. The first person-second person style suits the tone very well, making it overall more personal and bittersweet. Sorry about the comment war - no fic deserves that, especially not one this well-written.
5/27/2019 c1 dont me
hi this story is great, made me tear up and i don't even know anything about pokemon, so that goes to show that the writing was well-crafted. thanks for spending your time and energy on writing this piece, it's a great way to practice your writing skills by writing something outside of your comfort zone too!

it was a great casual read, and i hope to see more from you.

all the other reviewers are babies who need to pokemon go away.
5/27/2019 c1 Stylepoints Zero
Hybrid is correct. This does not violate any rules.
5/27/2019 c1 3rylek196
'I'd really hate to ruin anyone's day.' Oh, trust me, sweetheart, you've already MORE than done that by writing this piece of rule-breaking garbage. Why you listened to the BUSBD (Band of Ungodly Spammers that Beg for Decapitation, as I collectively call Hybrid/Farla/St Elmo's Fire/any-and-all-spammers-in-this-section-who-deserve-nothing-but-beheading, in case you didn't know) is beyond me.

I can only assume you're stupid and easily swayed, as why you'd listen to reviews that screw up spelling THREE-LETTER WORDS is beyond me. Basically, Hybrid's not too bright. Don't ever listen to someone who can't even spell 'fic'. Hell, even IF they spelled 'fic' correctly, their use of it would be redundant. Their review would literally say 'fic stories'. 'Fic' already being slang for 'story' on this site, there's no need to say both. I can only assume they're a high-ranking member of the Department Of Redundancy Department. Sorry, where was I? Went off on a tangent.

Ah. yes. you being stupid! Now. since you're as stupid as you are, I'm gonna put a period between every word in my next statement, just so you have time to process what I'm saying. Okay? Okay, here we go: Second. Person. Writing. Is. NOT. Allowed. On. This. Site. No. Matter. What. That. Fuckwit. Known. As. Hybrid. Of. Fate. Tells. You.

Did ya get all that? I damn well hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. Oh, and before you accuse Critics United of anything, I'm not a member of theirs, because they hold back in their reviews. I don't. I call it like I see it, and if I see a fucktard, I'm damn well gonna call that person a fucktard. Kinda like I'm doing now.
5/25/2019 c1 MrGoodyTwoShoes
Second person writing, such as "you" based, are not allowed here according to the rules of this site. Despite what others like Hybrid of Fate may try to tell you different even though they haven't bothered reading the rules for this site themselves (thus they break the rules on their own several times) or they simply choose to spread misinformation as they continue to try and bully other writers as they seem to think they own and run the pokemon section with their toxic reviews.

Best way I'd suggest for you to get around the rule issue but still make it somewhat a reader insert is to change said "you" into a ride along original character that represents the reader in everything that the second person writing was meant to do.

Another possible way is to flip it into first person and switch out the "you" for "I". A bit more difficult but would still be fine none the less if creating an original character can't work.

If you don't fix it then you run the risk of being reported and having this writing removed by the admins of the site.

Hope this helps.
5/21/2019 c1 13Blades of Chance
There is no ban on second person pic storues. Critics United are hostile to writers on this site.
5/21/2019 c1 GenX567
Ignore critics United. Everything he says is bullcrap. They are just trolls who scream nonexistent rules and outdated regulations attacking newbie authors.
5/21/2019 c1 1ZadArchie
This story is written in second-person language, implying the reader a character in the story. By making the reader a character in the story, it makes the story interactive. Interactive content is not permitted on this site per the Rules & Guidelines we all agreed to when we signed up for accounts. To avoid this issue, simply rewrite the story in first or third person and maybe just pick a generic OC name to use. Take these suggestions into consideration as they will help you avoid issues with the rules in the future. Please understand, I say what I say in the spirit of what this site is about: making good stories great, if not brilliant.

Best,