for Twenty Years Come Yesterday

4/4 c1 Guest
This was great! I can’t believe it’s been more than 20 years. I’ve been rewatching it these days.
11/4/2019 c1 Guest
You made me cry
7/7/2019 c1 jag389
So nice to see a new story, thank you.
JAG
6/4/2019 c1 Guest
Absolutely adore. Been a fan from afar of yours for some time now. While my head is whirling about Veronica and what happened to her, you managed to capture such a fondness in my favorite characters here that I so so miss from my adolescent days. Thank you.
6/3/2019 c1 10TLWROX
This show has held a special place in my heart for 19 years. Reading this touching tribute was a wonderful way to remember an indelible program. Beautiful writing- thank you for the trip down memory lane.
5/28/2019 c1 sarajean2003
Loved seeing a new story. Thank you for your input! It is classic Marguerite and Roxton.
5/25/2019 c1 33Gemini Explorer
Well, we have some angst here and some mystery.

I can't figure out if Marg. was herself present in a Plateau event when she finished sewing, or what. Were Ned, Vee, and Challenger in another dimension? Where's Finn? She's not at my place, dang it! I just checked, in case she might have arrived in a time warp.

I always thought that if anyone stayed, it'd be Ned and Vee and their children.

I can see a 20 year reunion, but maybe at Avebury, or Challenger's home, if he and Finn had wed as I speculated they might. Surely, John and Marguerite and probably Ned and Veronica have children? Where'd they be?

Could Roxton maintain and operate the Treehouse alone? How would he and M. get along with the Zanga, if Veronica left? Who'd grow the vegetables? Would Marg. ever really learn to bake? Was that cake delivered? She'd see house cleaning and cooking as "heavy, heartless industrial labor", as I had her phrase it in a joke to Veronica.

You set this in 1939. What happened then on Sept. 1? John is too old for war. Would the Roxtons leave the UK, if there? No, I think they'd organize a Home Guard unit and raise money for war causes. If they had stayed in Brazil, that nation joined the Allied cause, maybe the only South America country to do so. I'd have to check.

I think the premise of a reunion is sound. But I'd have set it at Avebury, with the servants baking the cake. Marg. might certainly sew as she did, and their kids and the Challengers, hopefully the Malones and their progeny, would attend. But all without flashbacks with the Roxtons having remained behind and now, so melancholy.

Others will see this differently and like the weird tale. Some never cared about any but John and Marg., anyway.

One thing we'll all agree on, though: it's good to see a fresh TLW story. Thank you for writing and posting it!

Gad, it really has been 17 years since we were watching new episodes. The girl here now is 20 and had never seen the show. I'm showing her the three seasons and she likes it. It's a show with lasting quality, with an appeal across the years.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service