for I never wanted to live forever

4/21/2021 c1 notanyone19
Although I'm pretty sure yamamoto is only around 2 or 3 thousand years old and everyone other than the monk to be less than that, it's truly terrifying to live THIS long2 million yearsand seeing everyone die around you, exactly as you portrayed it to be. You've written a very good example of this. Nice work!
2/11/2020 c1 The Mountain Peddler
That was a REALLY good one. It was a good one shot and I agree that there isn't many Fanfics that talk about Ichigo's death, if their is any besides your in fact. In all honesty it made me a sobbing mess and I don't regret reading it, I've read it over and over at least a good 13 times, that's just how good it was. I really enjoy your writings, well done.
9/3/2019 c1 TM1993
Two Million Years. It becomes especially interesting if I correlate this to Ichigo's possible lifespan in your crossover fic, Guardian of the Dead (granted, both are different fics, but have CFYOW lore involved, and originate from your headcanon). That's really, really old, and probably beyond a Devil's lifespan in the DxD verse, possibly stepping into Dragon territory. Do continue that fic btw, the rewrite is amazing so far with more CFYOW and Bleach lore in general, mixed in than the previous one.

As for this One-Shot, Ichigo's realization of his end, and his sense of death as freedom and satisfaction, to finally let go of all of his burdens and responsibilities after living for generations is brought out nicely, and we get a perspective of what it's like to live for that long with so much power.
5/27/2019 c1 MugetsuIchigo
That was a depressing/lovely one-shot. Thanks for writing this.
5/26/2019 c1 5BrightNova169
You know, I never expected a story like this...

...but I’m okay with that. It was a bittersweet tale (definitely heavy on the bitter) telling us that despite everything Ichigo has endured to this point, he still had an incredible and fulfilling life.

That and living for as long as he did was like his personal hell. Outliving one’s kids is bad enough, but also great grandkids!? Jesus Christ, how did his genes not get passed down the line?

Don’t get me wrong. I wouldn’t have wanted Ichigo’s kids to suffer the same crap he endured, but still...

Ichigo’s wife definitely surprised me. Or rather, your choice of pairing. But I’m not bothered by it...much. I mean, it’s your story and I’m not the boss of you. I suppose love always finds a way. Even if outliving his entire family was Hell on Earth, at least Ichigo got to experience the joy and happiness of having and successfully raising an amazing family.

I won’t deny that seeing Aizen as the Soul King was an incredibly ironic moment of dark satisfaction. He coveted the position so much and got it. For all it implied. Guess he never learned how to watch what he wished for. That and learn to get over his arrogance.

The deaths of each major character that impacted Ichigo’s life so much made sense for them. But Toshiro, Shunsui, and even Kenpachi left me kind of depressed. He had some really special bonds with all of them. Though if there’s any consolation for the latter two, at least they got to choose how they died. And in that universe, that’s quite an accomplishment.

Especially Kenpachi. Even if it was a foregone conclusion, the guy went out in style. Fighting for nine days straight? He deserved an award for lasting so long.

But I think that one of the greatest things that happened in Ichigo’s life was what didn’t happen. Namely, the loss of his compassion. Living for nearly two million years would definitely wear on someone and despite everything that occurred, Ichigo never abandoned his namesake: He Who Protects. I have no doubt he truly made Soul Society a paradise as the Captain Commander.

Not to mention sparing Shunsui from more paperwork.

After reading this story, I wanted to know something. Something possibly insensitive, morbid, cruel, and weird: how some of the other characters died. Given some of their eccentric personalities, I can only hypothesize how their lives ended. Of course, I’m also fine not knowing.

The story did look kind of rough at some points. Some sentences looked longer than necessary and I got confused when the tenses changed during Ichigo’s conversation with Ichibe. I eventually found out Ichigo was still talking, but the lack of quotation marks threw me off for a while. But small details aside (along with some punctuation issues), this was solid work.

In fact, I think this might have inspired me to get back to writing. I’ve been hung up on trying to make my story sound cool that I hyper analyze everything and it begins to sound like something that isn’t my work. I can never truly copy someone else’s writing style, so I’ll just have to develop my own. No matter what mistakes I make.

Who knows? I might make something involving a Bleach character someday...

-BrightNova169
5/25/2019 c1 2B4Yn0
I loved the overall tone of the story, you made it feel very epic all around to be honest. Well described as it can be but leaving enough spaces for our imagination to fill the blanks, this was very satisfying to read. Congratulations!
Also IchiSui is probably my favorite ship overall so bonus points for that!
5/25/2019 c1 nanox876
I'm pretty sure Ichigo wouldn't be so friendly with Ichibei after finding out the truth.
5/25/2019 c1 3hevenlydemonknight
I doubt he’d even age after a certain point and doubt he’d die of natural causes also it was stated all zero squad members exept kirio are first generation 13 members all of which serving under Yamamoto
5/25/2019 c1 1FreeTraderBeowolf
great little one shot. You achieved the feeling you were looking for. well done. As to the ship of Ichigo and Sui Feng, it is just as a valid ship as any other and you are right in that it really wasn't integral to the success of the story. Several other ships could have worked. Even Lisa his Lieutenant would have worked as well. What was important was how he felt outliving his wife, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
5/24/2019 c1 WhoFeedYasuo
Dude,

Crack pairings are actually better than the ichi/hime and stuff imo lol

Personal favorites are YoruIchi (it's perfect dude just look at that name)

Soifon and halibel. I would say unohana but... That's the big ara ara energy speaking lol

As for the story, it was pretty good don't judge yourself that much lol.

You could start a fic out of this, a series of quick glimpses at the past and stuff, would be pretty interesting to read, but the oneshot is nice aswell.