for Pokemon Academy

5/28/2019 c1 Fire4Heaven
What is with this fandom and letting a known bully, troll, and a violation of the site review them?
5/28/2019 c1 12Blue Glass Spear
[Hi! I’m doing a round of reviews around the site, hoping to help give people constructive criticism instead of just vague appreciation or flames. If you do choose to take my advice I will be glad, but you don't have to feel like I'm making demands of you. ]]

Incorrect he's going around lying and spreading misinformation.
[...What fanfic have you been reading? Trainer school fic is one of the most common genres here.]

No it isn't St. This completely false.

[Relatedly,]

No it isn't.

[Summaries should tell us more than just the genre. What’s your plot?]

that's not a genre at all. That was a plot!

[It’s better if you separate your author notes with a horizontal line; otherwise, they look like part of the story.]

Your author notes are bold this is all a lie. No one is dumb enough to think they are part of the story.

[While it's good that you're not capitalizing the word "pokemon" itself, you shouldn't capitalize species names either, for the same reasons.]

Its been stated multiple times that there are no such thing as species names.

[This is overwrought and extremely disorganized.]

No it isn't all of this is complete bullcrap from a hack.

[Missing punctuation.
]

no it isn't.

[Opening your story with a character waking up for the day is generic and horribly, horribly overdone,]

Once again St is lying to you.

[Like, really. Is this information relevant to the story? ]

Yes it is.

[You’re formatting dialogue incorrectly. Dialogue is written as [“Hello,” she said] or [“Hello!” she said], never [“Hello.” She said] or [“Hello,” She said] or [“Hello” she said] or [“Hello!” She said].]

This is completely false and incorrect. Dialogue is written as ("Hello," She said) or (Hello." She said because these are separate sentences.

[And when you quote inside a quote, you use single quotes instead of double quotes;]

that's not even remotely a rule. people use double quotes or single and no they will not get confused.

[Well, that ended abruptly.
]

no it didn't.

[This is too insubstantial for a first chapter. ]

false.

[There's a reason most trainer school fic starts with the character already at the school, and that's because stories should focus on what they're actually about. ]

bullshit non-advice meant to destroy your story.

like I told you block him.
5/28/2019 c1 23St Elmo's Fire
Hi! I’m doing a round of reviews around the site, hoping to help give people constructive criticism instead of just vague appreciation or flames. If you do choose to take my advice I will be glad, but you don't have to feel like I'm making demands of you. I usually try to point out things that could help with future stories, so they can be useful even if you don’t want to edit the current story. Feel free to disagree with my interpretations and don’t be afraid to let me know why. I will be pointing out grammatical errors as well; please understand that I am not trying to be judgmental, but that I honestly believe corrections can improve the story. You are free to verify everything I say on Grammarly or other open-access grammatical resources if you think I've gotten anything wrong.

[I'm choosing to focus on a rather underrated part of the Pokemon Lore. The trainer school.]

...What fanfic have you been reading? Trainer school fic is one of the most common genres here. The archive is positively glutted with the stuff.

Relatedly,

[Rewrite of an older fic, this is a story focusing on the much overlooked trainer school. I always found it to be a fascinating piece of lore worth exploring and I'll do just that. Join me on this journey]

Summaries should tell us more than just the genre. What’s your plot?

It’s better if you separate your author notes with a horizontal line; otherwise, they look like part of the story. You can do this through the in-site editor.

[As sunlight rolled through the plains, and the Blazikens began to caw, the loud but all too familiar sound entered the ears of the ten year old boy, who had been deep in sleep. As he was, but today was special and Jonah wouldn't let this day pass by as normal. His innocent eyes were coaxed open, by the soft light sneaking through the blinds.]

This is overwrought and extremely disorganized. Your sentence structure is bizarre and several clauses feel like they were awkwardly stuck on after the rest of the passage was written. You might want to get a beta reader to help check that the writing flows properly.

[Alright! It's today, it's today, no time to waste]

Missing punctuation.

Opening your story with a character waking up for the day is generic and horribly, horribly overdone, and to be honest, it’s so incredibly dull and boring a start that even if I hadn’t seen it, very literally here, thousands upon thousands of times before, I would still tell you you should have started at some other, interesting point.

[Jonah had by now walked the halls of his home, a two story house, which had two bedrooms, and likewise two bathrooms. One of which was upstairs, and was in spirit Jonah's personal bathroom. He was rather efficient at cleaning himself, as his father had taught him well. The fact Jonah often played outside with the farm pokémon didn't hurt, as he was dirty often and had become proficient at cleansing his body of unwanted odors and dirt.]

Like, really. Is this information relevant to the story? You don't have to painstakingly document every moment of a character's life. It's fine to elide over details that won't matter to the main plot.

You’re formatting dialogue incorrectly. Dialogue is written as [“Hello,” she said] or [“Hello!” she said], never [“Hello.” She said] or [“Hello,” She said] or [“Hello” she said] or [“Hello!” She said]. This is because dialogue and speech tags are considered to be part of the same sentence, so they have to flow together. The only exception to this is if the next sentence doesn’t contain a speech verb. In that case, the second part IS considered a separate sentence, so it’s written as [“Hello.” She grinned], never [“Hello,” she grinned]. Note that something isn’t a speech verb just because it’s a sound you make with your mouth, so generally stuff like “laughed” or “giggled” is in the second category. (“Speak” is also not a speech verb.) Furthermore, if you’re breaking up two complete sentences it’s [“Hi,” she said. “This is it.”] not [“Hi,” she said, “this is it.”] or [“Hi,” she said “this is it.”] And if you’re breaking up a sentence in the middle, it’s [“Hi. This,” she said, “is it.”] The same punctuation and capitalization rules apply to thoughts, except you don’t use quotation marks (or single quotes) with thoughts. This is because quotation marks for thoughts make it look like your characters are talking out loud, which is confusing to the reader.

["Jonah, that's a very silly thing to say, a pokémon is how you use it, there is no "girl" or "boy" pokémon, and you'd be wise to not underestimate any"]

And when you quote inside a quote, you use single quotes instead of double quotes; otherwise, the reader will be confused about where the dialogue ends. (If you quote inside a quote inside a quote, you go back to double quotes.)

Well, that ended abruptly.

This is too insubstantial for a first chapter. Remember that your first chapter is your opportunity to hook your reader – you don’t need to put all your cards on the table, but you need to have something to show. Start where your plot starts; you’re not obligated to cover every mundane detail leading up to the inciting event.

There's a reason most trainer school fic starts with the character already at the school, and that's because stories should focus on what they're actually about. If Jonah's background and family are going to be crucial to the plot – for instance, if you're doing some kind of fish-out-of-water country-boy-goes-to-big-city plot? – then it makes sense to spend a chapter establishing what his normal life is like. But currently, his life just looks very standard, the kind of stuff we could assume or piece together from a few offhand lines of narration. If the school is what you want to write about, you can just start there.
5/26/2019 c1 1SunMoon6798
Hey, welcome. So look a warning given you are writing a Pokemon story. Farla, St Elmo's Fire, Talarc, Spencer841, Handle Criticism Maturely, and a few others like Ol' 3lue Eyes are known bullies on this site who review only to destroy stories and promote drama.

They will push their believes down your throat, demand you redo your story to fit their wants and no, they are the super minority and hated by the fandom. They also tend to post pms publicly so responding to them is ill advised.

They start off with a disclaimer about honestly thinking it would help. It doesn't they want you to be screwed over as they complain about trival nonsense that got their panties in a twist.

They think Pokemon is slavery. That you should capitalize the way they want, fyi Pokemon names are not species names and that's been officially recongized in modern English. So yes it's correct to capitalize Pikachu for instance. Oh, and they give out false dialogue formatting (It's "Hello," She said dialogue is a seperate sentence). Spend time putting out a text block of non issues that are not going to help you. Don't get me started on Arceus.

What's worse is they all try to pass it off as them being critics in their reviews. Any review with it in the begining should be ignored if you get it.

Oh and if they say that they are being bullied. Know that they are lying as they been doing it too this fandom for years now and are just pissed that a group are working to stop it. The admins told them to knock it off.

If that's not enough on my profile is proof its utter nonsense. oh and if there is a guest reviewer titled "Take Down Hybrid" know that is's actually Handle Criticism Maturely the biggest of all of Farla's supporters and an utter troll who only doing this shit because Hybrid gave her criticism. The girls gone off the deep end and into complete insanity.

Best to remove it.

Speaking of them they had twice agreed to stop but don't. Even after being told to stop by the admins, their friends, and even random strangers. Right now they are somehow convinced that Hybrid, a woman, is a man.

If they claim they have proof don't. Its all utter nonsense land they been told by the admins to take it down.

As for the users you need to block and how, you block by heading to heading too the toolbar were you posted a story. Click on account and you should see the option to block users. The add their id numbers .

64005