for Natural Born Mage

8/20/2019 c11 Jarno
It's an interesting chapter though I've always felt that if Harry had a backbone and/or was more intelligent then Snape would have been fired long ago. Snape is after al a 'reformed' deatheater, whereas Harry is the boy who lived. One letter to the Daily Prophet, "Deatheater bullies boy-who-lived" at Hogwarts and Snape would be gone. Especially if you also take Neville into account, the young son of the tragic aurors tortured into insanity who's also bullied by this deatheater. Snape's position would be impossible to hold.
8/19/2019 c11 SkylerHollow
Thanks for the chapter. Glad to see this rendition of Snape isn't the type that is a mega jerk just for the sake of it.
8/19/2019 c11 EclipseNightClub
Thanks for the update!
8/19/2019 c3 peggy77
Too bad the Dursley's weren't really like that. I like your story.
8/19/2019 c1 peggy77
That last line made me laugh. :)
8/19/2019 c11 jkarr
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
7/18/2019 c10 geekymom
Awesome chapter!
7/18/2019 c10 llIMagic
I like this Snape. He is powerful with magic and actually controls his temper but has the same classic disposition. Hope Harry and Hermione continue to excel with their magic practice. Thanks for writing!
7/18/2019 c3 1Nanettez
I would expect Harry to wonder where he was going to get the money for all those supplies.
7/18/2019 c10 10Philosophize
If this isn't the part of the story you want to write, don't write it. Skip it. Start with the part that you *do* want to write. If there is anything really important from the early years that differs from canon, then simply mention it in passing (or do a flashback if it's too detailed/big to simply mention - but avoid that if you can).

Writing something that you don't wan to write will only bore you and readers in the end. It's worth outlining this sort of backstory so you know what's going on, but it's not necessary to give it to us - especially when the differences from well-known canon are minuscule. The only thing in this chapter that's different and that seems to truly matter is Snape and McGonagall meeting, and you can always just have them meeting again in a later year while mentioning that they'd been doing it since Harry's first year.
7/17/2019 c10 SkylerHollow
Thanks for the chapter.
7/17/2019 c10 Millie072
Considering JKR was still forming her characters into a trio, there isn't a lot of variation to be done with this chapter. Did Ron really regret his mouth after thinking awhile? If so, it was the only time it happened. Lots of the trouble the trio ended up with was in response to Ron opening his mouth before thinking. I do not like Ron's character, & wish Rowling had killed him off as originally planned. The laughter was a natural nervous reaction, Hermione handled the questioning very well, better than canon. You're right 11yos are not particularly interesting.
6/22/2019 c9 Fast Frank
Just different enough, I can respect this Snape.
68 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »