for Shadow Ranch

9/11/2019 c22 cowpoke
hbndgirl i also write western fiction this was a good story i also enjoyed the ending of this one
9/10/2019 c22 15angelicalkiss
sorry I missed the last chapter with a review. the whole story was so good, keeping us all on the edge of our seats waiting for the next chapter. thank you so much for writing this one! it was truly an experience. so sad that Dirk died but bittersweet that he changed his ways. at least he told the truth to Frances. no matter how long a wait, I look forward to your next installment or just another story! have a great hiatus.
9/7/2019 c22 24Drumboy100
A beautiful, honorable death scene for Dirk. Glad to see Humber (what a complex and intriguing father/daughter relationship!) care enough about Frances to want her to have her final minutes with the man she loves. I wonder if she decided to leave town and forge a new identity for herself. As always, glad to see George/Dave together; her friends know her perfectly, that she'll be in denial of her relationship until she says "I do." Nice bantering with the brothers: Joe brags about his exploits, and Frank reminds him that he was caught three times back-to-back and rescued by a 13-year-old girl! I think Frank had some more issues in his past that he did not tell Nancy, and I'm not hopeful yet about a long-distance relationship between Joe and Iola. Thank you for my extra gift, a final western dance. Sweet line by Alice, wanting to be just like Nancy someday. And a final acknowledgement of attraction between Nancy and Ned; Ned's character had the most intriguing development throughout.

What a three-month ride! I am very proud of you for forcing yourself to sit down and write a story that you'd had on the back burner for years; so many writers have a great idea, are afraid that they will write it down imperfectly, and the story never gets written. Thank you for staying focused on a regular updating schedule, both for your own writing habit and to respect your readers; I'm learning the hard way not to invest too much in excellent stories because they are so frequently abandoned. You should wake up every morning and go to bed every night knowing that you are a great writer!
9/7/2019 c22 Rose12
I absolutely loved this final chapter! Dirk and Frances' moments, Nancy & Carson's potential moving, the conversations between Frank and Nancy, & her, Bess, and George, and Joe & Iola, plus finally closing on the murder, and ofc Nancy and Ned's conversation. Its bittersweet that this story has finally ended, I'll definitely miss reading it. Thx for the shoutout, btw. I would love to read a potential sequel in the future, but that's up to you. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories in the future! Thank you!
9/7/2019 c22 Candylou
This was a very good story. It is good to take a break, but I know any future stories will be just as good.
9/6/2019 c21 Drumboy100
Nice smartmouthing by Joe, even while a hostage! And there's Alice's new fighting knowledge, coming in handy! Our heroes are very lucky that Walt changed his mind so quickly, from trying to kill them to trying to escape. Love the descriptions of Frances's dishevelment; she's finally free, letting her hair down, no pretensions. Best part was, of course, Dave shooting the villain's arm and rescuing George; that's the romantic Old West I was hoping for! Love how Carson was so unsurprised by his daughter trying to help everyone she could, even trying to change the entire system as much as she could.
So Fenton saved Nancy, interesting. And there's the tragedy of the Old West: I do think Dirk will die, and at least he gave his life defending a woman.
9/6/2019 c21 Rose12
& I thought the last chapter was intense! Oooo what is Carson thinking? I really hope what I'm thinking is gonna happen, doesn't happen! Looking forward to more soon! Thank you!
9/6/2019 c21 cowpoke
ok nice ending so far
9/6/2019 c21 Candylou
So much action. Are Nancy and Carson moving to the west . Good chapter. Can't wait till wefind out what happens with the Drew's and the hardy's. Update when you can.
9/5/2019 c20 15angelicalkiss
good chapter. I hope they get to the prisoners before it's too late. it's good that Dirk is cooperating too so they can get there. looking forward to more
9/3/2019 c20 Candylou
So close. Poor Joe. Poor iola. At least, Dirk Valentine is cooperating. also, all the prisoners are together. So hopefully all the rescuers will find the captives in time. Update when you can.
9/2/2019 c20 Rose12
What an intense chapter! I have to say that you have really riled up the tension here, and a few more action packed chapters to go! Dirk has finally surrendered, I'm wondering if he really does love Frances? Its seems like it to me. I'm sad to see this story end, but you have definitely earned a fan here! Looking forward to more soon! Thank you.
9/2/2019 c20 24Drumboy100
Haha, off to a hysterical start, the men allow Nancy to come along bc they want to keep an eye on her! Kudos to Humber for trusting Nancy's version of events, while our esteemed Pinkerton agent feels the need to double-check. Oooo the good guys have doubled their numbers! OH MY GOODNESS half the good guys are hostages and half the good guys are coming for them, glad Joe can joke about it! At least everyone is finally consolidated rather than scattered all over the desert. Glad to see Dirk miserable and then redeemed; I wonder if he couldn't shoot the sheriff bc he really does love Frances (is there ANY chance of them getting back together?). Come on, Frank or Ned should be saving Nancy, not the sheriff. Oh my goodness, it sounded like Carson had a noose in his hand, like they were going to string up the bad guys right then and there. One more dramatic scene and then we get to see which couples are happily ever after!
8/31/2019 c19 15angelicalkiss
so now we know who killed the cowboy but the girls are in trouble now. more please!
8/27/2019 c19 Rose12
Good chapter! I liked the conversation between Joe & Iola, and considering all the details Iola was giving, I have to see she's pretty brave and observant. Now its up to the girls for their acts of bravery/heroism. Update when u can! Looking forward to more soon! Thank you!
102 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »