FanFiction.Net
for Something Unpredictable

3/2/2020 c9 14Papa Bear Awards
Hi, last1stnding,

Congratulations on your story, Something Unpredictable, receiving a 2020 PBA nomination! Please see your FF Private Messaging for a message with additional info.

Sincerely,

VST
Communications Coordinator
Papa Bear Awards Committee
2/11/2020 c9 83snooky-9093
Nicely done. Kudos.
2/11/2020 c8 snooky-9093
Lots of plot lines to keep track of, and you're doing a great job!
2/11/2020 c6 snooky-9093
Things are improving. Burkhalter is in character as is Gertrude. My only nitpick with this chapter is describing her as homely. I don't think this is necessary. (There is enough sexism surrounding her on the show).
2/11/2020 c2 snooky-9093
Hogan would never sacrifice the rank and file in the camp for himself. And the Barracks 2 gang would not either.

Shocked that one soldier would spill the beans without complaining to a barracks chief first. (or blabbing to other guys). Let's see if his guilt over what he's done plays a part later on.
2/11/2020 c1 snooky-9093
Catching up on my reading for the PBA's. Looks like we are on track for a nice H/C drama.

You've brought in little tidbits from other episodes, although I'm not sure what penicillin would do for a virus; unless there is a ancillary bacterial infection involved. I can understand the fear for these men, some of whom would recall the horrible statistics of the Spanish flu epidemic. With Wilson gone, this is very dire, indeed.
12/26/2019 c1 60mrspencil
2019 reviewathon, an excuse to catch up on some fics I missed:-)
Regarding this first chapter; the initial difficulties and concerns are introduced by Newkirk’s point of view...lack of privacy and hands tied regarding some actions leading neatly to a description of the Colonel’s health. Details are revealed gradually, by describing character changes, the concern of others, meals refused, and what was heard of the Colonel’s actionfrom the main bunk room...an effective way of showing that the last thing the boss would do is admit to illness, followed then by his annoyance and worry at realising he was thus compromised. A practical dilemma is presented...and the team rally round in their individual ways...all in character. Worry presents plausibly with bickering and irritation and a need to do something/ anything. And Kinch comes across clearly as he frets over his responsibility for what happens next.
Penicillin is not going to help with the feared influenza, but would have a role with secondary bacterial infections, such as pneumonia, so seems reasonable to get a stock, Carter’s hope for instant improvement after a jab adds typical optimism and a touch of humour. Having Wilson out of camp adds another concern, I had not thought of other Stalag prisoners calling on his services.
The deadline re quarantine and time to improve leaves the chapter ending with a satisfying cliffhanger...and led me to read the whole tale in one sitting. Well done:-)
8/30/2019 c9 5Tiny1217
Definitely a well-written story. It has a good blend of a general plot, with a bit of hurt-comfort and humor thrown in. (I particularly enjoyed the line where Hogan said men don't , I definitely liked how you used a more unusual perspective with Klink/Schultz being gone and creating original characters to replace them, as well as a few other original characters.
7/18/2019 c9 Guest
Good story.
7/18/2019 c9 Guest
Hans Schultz was a good sergeant for the Kaiser. Was it his age & weight or that he could not follow Adolf with a clear conscience that he went downhill in WWII?
7/18/2019 c6 Guest
I read this in the ‘zine. Nice to reread it.
7/2/2019 c9 2rindy713
Terrific ending! And I am really glad Schultz got some stew. Great job of finding a believable way of getting the mess sorted out and Stalag 13 back to normal. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story!
7/2/2019 c8 rindy713
Whew! Glad Klink was able to pull that off. I think the bad guys’ days are numbered.
7/2/2019 c7 rindy713
Uh-oh. Things were going so well ... and then the syringe showed up.
7/2/2019 c6 rindy713
A least a few things are improving. I hope with good food Hogan will have his strength back soon. And some of the good guys’ plans are starting to work!
34 Page 1 .. Last Next »