for Harry Potter gets smart and takes control - the goblet

7/5/2019 c9 2firebird-fenix
Hi

Interesting chapter

Sirius could be under some kind os spell, charm, curse etc, to be loyal to dumbledore.

Great that charlie and bill help harry.

Lets see how harry and hermione solve the problems they have

Bye
7/5/2019 c9 nbop
Good Chapter. I love the way Charlie and Bill are pretty much bros to Harry now.
7/4/2019 c8 George1892
Nice chapter. I agree with your treatment of Hermione, she's not one for believing things outside of the literature.
7/4/2019 c1 George1892
Good chapter and nice story so far, however, while most of the typos were harmless there is one to change:

"an exigent fence against the Dark Arts Teacher"
Should be:
"an excellent defence against the Dark Arts Teacher"

I've heard good things about grammarly for dyslexics. Might be worth a look.
7/2/2019 c8 Time313
So it's going to be a slow burn till we get a powerful Harry.
7/1/2019 c7 stevefocus
Lol, its fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Never seen that saying mangled like that before. You could really use a beta, as it's a good story but there are loads of mistakes.
7/1/2019 c8 KrisB-71854
Um, just thought of something. Harry is having a moment due to Hermione having something he doesn't. O.k.

How about Her feel his connection to magic and feeling external magic? I could see her just as jealous of how he feels his surroundings.

It also makes me wonder how your Luna sees/feels the world. Does she have some sort of mage sight, or did that accident that killed her mum also trigger a similar external magical sense?

Overall, Hermione has been a good friend through all this for Harry. Harry needs someone like Luna that could help him with how he feels and trying to express himself and all that. I tend to like triad pairings. Hermione brings some things to the friendship, but he needs some one that can take things on faith that he has experienced such and such, and help him deal with it.

Hermione wants to analyze it all or look it up with a book. If she can't find it in a reference manual, then it might as well not exist. That's fine for her, but sadly for folks like Luna and Harry they do have senses and first-hand experience observing things. Hermione can be a tad dismissive toward that sort of viewpoint. She doesn't have those sorts of senses so it's even easier for her to discount them.

I'm not sure on the entire Harry takes control bit. It seems like he is still struggling on that front. He is just starting to show some improvements.

Then again he can now plan/recall things. He has been revising everything and now feels like he actually knows stuff. I can support his attitude of not wanting to re-befriend Ron. Ron seems to want to tear Harry down or make him feel even worse for any remote success in life. He might not mean it or really be evil or plotting against Harry, but it hurts because he is best friends with him.

Harry usually doesn't give any care for Draco's opinions and all. Ron's opinions tend to have mattered as he was his best friend. Hermione doesn't get that Harry is improving himself and is liking this new part of his life. He can't really verbalize it, but he knows Ron would dislike it and manage to find a way to ruin it or drag him back down to his level.

It's just safer not to be friends with him. It'd be one thing if Ron was in another house or something. He'd be much easier to ignore.

One bit that Harry hasn't thought about is just who else might be under control by potions or other various means. If they can do this to Harry Potter, the most watched student at the school, they could do this to any and every other student with far less hassle.
7/1/2019 c8 3ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Awesome chapter and quite a powerful ending. I do hope that Harry finds his magic and does destroy those that have made him suffer such missing presence. Thanks for sharing!
6/19/2019 c7 HeartsGlow
Why is Hedwig refusing to come anywhere near Harry?
6/18/2019 c7 1Fez8745
Still waiting for some type of 'taking control' since he's just a puppy following Hermione at the moment.
He should stop worrying about traitors like Ron, until he comes crawling back as usual. Then cross that bridge. maybe even just cut him out and move Neville in, that's a classic and a better friend anyway.

his slight stand with Malfoy was okay, and i that ferret picks the wrong fight someday hah.

Keep up the good work, curious to see where it goes.
6/18/2019 c7 anarion87
nice so far
6/18/2019 c7 3ObsessedWithHPFanFic
Harry is still rather timid and not standing up for himself. Good chapter and thanks for sharing!
6/18/2019 c6 4Khatix
There is no point in putting trigger warnings AFTER the content, Trigger Warnings BELONG at the top of a chapter and BEFORE the content its warning about.
6/18/2019 c3 Khatix
FYI: Trigger warnings serve NO PURPOSE after the content.
6/18/2019 c1 Khatix
In cannon Harry had to have been cowed by Ron or charmed/potioned to like and listen to Ron. Harry new Voldermort was still alive and after him common sense says learn as much magic as you can to protect yourself but he really didn't. It's why Ron/Molly/Dumbledore bashing fics make SO MUCH SENSE they easily explain all the shit from cannon.
1,839 « Prev Page 1 .. 111 118 119 120 121 122 .. Last Next »