for Iron Born Steel Forged

9/11/2019 c11 3Darth-Vulturnus
Interesting. The Iron Islanders probably have enough naval experience that a few general ideas could result in galleons or even full ships-of-the-line with heavy ballista instead of cannons. Or more creatively, use a larger barge as a mothership for raids either further away than normal or to keep hanging around a location out of sight after they've "left."
9/11/2019 c11 Rolen von Keng Digor
Are these Ironborn going to use cavalry, if they are, the Vikings invented kite shields for cavalry, cause it was a more easily manuvareble shield to use on top of cavalry.
9/11/2019 c11 16Duesal Bladesinger
"Dothraki on an open field, Ned!" will never get old. :D

It's good that every child is getting educated. If you're building an army, basic education is absolutely necessary for the soldiers.
9/3/2019 c1 Bolt
Gods need a champion, from our world... . The chosen one... Man this is such a cliche, it would be so much better if you choose to go with reincarnation rute instead. No gods, no chosen one free to do whathever.
9/2/2019 c10 Review
Interesting reforging a whole kingdom like how vikings been reforge hmm so far pacing bit slow but its fine quality need some improvement other than that story is okish. Sudgestion dunno so far havent see a SI/self insert build a crossbow aka something close to a gun in medieval time. Gun powder is well Use in fanfic that they forgot there are other tech can be use to blend in westeros heck you can combine some song of fire and ice magic to modern tech. If your SI is a soldier creating a crossbow is easy, you can even invent a repeating crossbow he do have knowledge on basic firearm. So far for asoldier I dont see soldier characteristic on him need to work on that, his more like a modern casual man transfer to westeros. Ending up with goodluck and godspeed
9/3/2019 c10 Rolen von Keng Digor
Huh. This is actually a pretty good setting.

An SI bringing a disease over infecting and creating the first Great Plague of Westeros, the Judgement. He having to survive it, and bringing the Ironborn, or Steelborn, back to life as a new culture.
9/2/2019 c10 osterreicher97
Hmmm... I think that pushing overland might be a better idea, especially if there's supposed some sort of group of bandits elsewhere on the island. It would be prudent to fully secure the territory and claim easier loot and what not before going farther afield. They only have one ship currently along with enough experienced crew who are also under Harwick. Alex needs to focus on something close to 'home' before presenting an idea that might leave him more vulnerable.
9/2/2019 c10 Duesal Bladesinger
This is going to be hard... How do you demonstrate your usefulness to a bloodthirsty pirate in just one week? Especially one that seemingly wants you dead.
9/2/2019 c10 95TMI Fairy
Semaphore towers are low hanging fruit.
8/23/2019 c9 1mikkelibob
I've never read a SI that took disease seriously. This is great!
8/19/2019 c9 95TMI Fairy
Having one's children - safe and sound and well fed - dangled ay you should do wonders for diplomacy checks :)
8/19/2019 c9 apostlelord
good chapter
8/19/2019 c9 osterreicher97
Huh, well... Alex and those stuck on the Island will finally get answers as to how things are developing in the outside world. Plus, with more experienced fighters presumably just now returning, their homes will be better protected against the potential bandits even if they do not side with Alex and kill him. They might even be aware somewhat of the story behind Alex's arrival that he wasn't conscious for.
8/10/2019 c8 Yifto
wow. I've never seen a story like this. keep it up.
8/8/2019 c8 ygrekks
I like the story so far - the gods being all powerful and having 'chosen ones' is not really my thing but nothing turned me off yet. Keep up the good work :) I just hope this story won't turn into creating cars, guns and other tech from earth.
50 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »