for Accursed Wretch

3/4/2020 c2 Guest
I’m guessing that little girl the Gypsies stole was Esmeralda?
1/26/2020 c3 32HeadIntheCloudsForever
Loved your take on the story! I hope that you will continue! It’s rare to see fanfics on here that are closer towards the books than the movies! I would love to read how this ends!
7/20/2019 c1 Haydee Dantes
Interesting option of Gadule for adopting Quasimodo that could be used against the gypsies.
7/13/2019 c3 2Heart of the Demons
When you said this wouldn't be a fluffy fic, you weren't kidding around. This latest fic in your "Hunchback of Notre Dame" universe has certainly piqued my interest as of now. It's overall tone is well executed, and it has me waiting for more of it to be fleshed out. You're the greatest as always.
7/13/2019 c3 Guest
I loved the chapter. I loved the transfer of loyalty of Quasimodo of Frollo to Gadule. Quasimodo would be very useful to intimidate the gypsies. Hard to have a happy ending, but I would love to quasimodo, Paquette and emerald being a family. Who knows quasimodo discovers the truth about Agnes and reveals to Gadule, she really accepts him as a son.
I am curious to see the introduction of Phoebus in the story and how will be their attitudes, how emerald will show kindness to quasimodo and will get their loyalty, if they will be sentenced to death and how quasimodo will save her.
7/10/2019 c3 137Invader Johnny
Esmeralda had quite a scary encounter with Quasimodo, that's for sure and the night took sn unexpected turn with Gringoire, wow, I didn't see that one coming.

6/26/2019 c2 Sara Henion
are you gonna do another chapter of the prince of fools soon?
6/25/2019 c2 62disneyqueen
A very interesting piece. I enjoyed the way you kept the hunchback mystery intact with the citizens of Paris and the inclusion of Pierre. Gertrude's and Quasi's relationship is interesting and I wish we could have seen it a little more rather than just telling us about it. Quasi could've felt a look when he returned or felt guilty for sneaking off. I know you want the backstory, but there were other ways to convey it. Like Quasi having remove his shoes or making a mental note that they need repairs and remembering his raw his feet used to be when he and his mother walked to Paris. Or maybe when he sets the bread down he notices the healed scars on his fingers when at say 4 he tried help his mother embroider before she snatched the cloth and needle from him tossing both into the fire. 'No one will buy anything touched by a demon," his mother had cried. A moment later though she gave him the last piece of bread when he started to cry. Something like that, It get the point across without straight up 'telling' the reader.

Also I may have missed it in the last chapter, but I know why Frollo called him Quasimodo. If it's the same reason just let the reader know though since she isn't a "real" nun, I am not sure the name makes sense.

The storyline seems promising though given Esmeralda's true parentage. I wonder if you will go with a sibling dynamic between the two sixteen year-olds. And these issues I listed above are meant to help strength your writing not saying it's bad. I still am enjoying the story very much.

D-Queen
6/25/2019 c2 137Invader Johnny
This was quite bittersweet for Quasimodo, all he wants it's his mother's affection and in a way he got it but not for long it seems... Wow.

6/23/2019 c1 62disneyqueen
Wow! This is such an original AU story. Quasi may still have a hard life, but I wonder how Paquette will turn out in regards to adopting the young 'demon'. Your writing style is very good and keeping more with the original novel at times. I'm very much looking forward to this story :)

D-Queen
6/21/2019 c1 Melral CT-3718
And off to see the hunchback...
The hunchback of notre dame...

I never read the book only saw Disney movie
6/20/2019 c1 137Invader Johnny
This certainly was a dramatic beginning and it seens that unfortunately Quasimodo is destined to have a hard life and only because his aunt didn't want him... Wow.