for An Adventure Beyond Boundaries

6/26/2019 c2 superpierce
Liking the story so far.
6/25/2019 c2 Shadic21
Interesting story, I want to see the next part.
6/25/2019 c2 prisontaker
Grandpa?
6/25/2019 c1 akasuna123
you mistake powerscaling with believability of fight.
6/25/2019 c1 5ValiantPanther
Glad to see this challenge being put up, it'll be interesting to see how people will go about doing it.
6/25/2019 c1 13fg7dragon
Interesting premise. It does have a more realistic view of things than canon DxD, though, and I like that. Especially the part where it points out how Issei winning a lot of his fights requires something between suspension of disbelief and... oh, who am I kidding, it's basically insulting our *%ing intelligence!
6/25/2019 c1 37kyugan
Good to see this off the ground
6/25/2019 c1 vercingetorix2
I like to read dxd x dies irae if exist
6/25/2019 c1 10Master Attlon
Interesting concept
6/25/2019 c1 17Dantegrey
It's an interesting concept.
A crossover of crossover.
6/24/2019 c1 Kinunatzs The Eternal
About the Holy Grail War why not make it that in HSDxD it happen in the first time and at Global Scale too like giving Humans or Hybrids that want for the betterment of humanity that ability to summon Servants hell it would be nice if they become a Demi-Servant to fight their battles personality though you don't need to create OC just utilize the Human and Hybrid Characters existing in both verse.

About Humanity yeah I agree with that they tend to get the short end of the stick and practically almost fanfic here the cliche routes of favoring and joining the devils too much, frankly I wanted to read a fanfic where humanity are the top-dogs and enslave or kill all supernatural race.

About the Faction the one I hated in HSDxD is they practically forgotten about the Shinto Faction which owns Japan and where most the battles happen and the only thing that makes some factions appear is where their leaders makes their appearance and practically no screen time and involvement in battle or story.

About the Peerage no matter how you look at it its slavery and they are only few Devils takes care of their peerage and most only abuse them.
6/24/2019 c1 Dxhologram
The thing with Humanity, you are totally on point with that, for all the talks about the potential of humanity, it's never really truly explored and DXD seems really content to leave them behind. And Writer with bad Grammar at least wrote the story Representation of Humanity, where Issei wants to be a hero and throughout his time in Kuoh he learns the sorts of burden as one and how he would do what he can to help humanity be able to face things above them. Heck in that story, Writer with bad Grammar managed to show how there is no way anyone would be grateful to Rias who actually wanted Issei dead only to revive him on her side. And ROH Issei showed a pretty good reaction by being angry at the attempt. Heck it even managed to explore on the abuse of the use of the Evil pieces, as evident with Diodora and the dark history that came with it thanks to Ajuka. Heck the story actually explores on Ajuka being the Devil who is more evil as stated in Canon. And Writer portrayed what an evil bastard Ajuka is and that the natures of Devils being prideful and greedy beings are still apparent.

Heck Writer manages to help with the beliefs that Asia, Irina, Xenovia and Jeanne had in God. And had ROH Issei help them remember why they believe in God in the first place, allowing them to remember their reason and be able to hold on to their beliefs and fight for God who had died saving the world from an Apocalyptic Beast. The last chapter updated from Representation of Humanity showed how strong both ROH Asia and ROH Xenovia has become. ROH Asia despite knowing His death, she still believed in him and was able to use the power of Holy and was able to accept the burden she carries regardless of the people who scorned as a Witch. ROH Xenovia who remembers why she fights in the first place and reveals how much of a warrior she truly is, gives her counterpart the Reason You Suck Speech. ROH Xenovia pointed out to her counterpart how she misuses Durandal and that she doesn't really understand its true worth nor understands why she was chosen by the sword in the first place.

And Representation of Humanity said it the best, it's impossible for people to live a normal life when they have power. It's not wrong to have normality but the moment people who have Sacred Gears, powerful weapons etc. That is the consequence of having power and everything they have, they will always be a price. And I feel like that something that should have been made apparent in Canon. I mean after the deal with Kokabiel, you think the main cast would understand the sorts of danger they would be in and try to train themselves to get stronger for the future. But no, they continue on with their daily lives and act as if what Kokabiel has done didn't happen at all.

Anyway for the idea, I think the OC needs to prepare and train himself before he participates in the Holy Grail War. And I believe it would be great if he gains a better understanding of what a Hero is. And if he ever returns to DXD, he should give the Reason You Suck Speech to Cao Cao and the so called Hero Faction that they are no heroes. They don't understand that just because they have the name of their ancestors doesn't automatically make them Heroes. Heck they don't understand the sorts of hardship their ancestor went through at all. Nor do they understand the true value of Humanity.
6/24/2019 c1 19Magnus9284
Interestig idea, but for now, I can only give a couple of suggestions:

1. Limit the world traveling. For example, the new SI can have a massive adventure just by messing around the world of To Aru, as there are a lot of interesting characters that can be recruited or befriended that could shift the balance (looking at certain Accelerator). You can even have 10 to 20 chapters just with that.

2. If the Grail participation is mandatory, special attention must be paid to the servat(s) recruited; since one of the mandatory themes is entertaining, then the red cast of heroes is the obvious choice.

3. One of the downfalls of HDxD is the heavy emphasis in ecchi scenes rather than world/character development; be sure to be precise when saying that should be tonned down, as it is left to the author's discretion.

4. Whoever takes the challenge must have a clear idea of the skillset of the character, otherwise it'll turn into a mess.

I hope someone takes on this, good luck.
6/24/2019 c1 4Striker Studios
Ok, this is interesting. My only douts here are things like the Main Antagonist, Would he/she be a interdimesional entity or somekind of villain like Professor Zoom or Mandrak (DC comics)? What kind of arcs we could expect?
The enemies will be aware of the MC conection with Zelretch? The Great Red will have a participation in this story?
Aside from that, I think in this kind of Story the better you can do is use elements of Mystery and Suspense during the MC's journey. I think there will be questions like "What is my role un this World?" Or "Why I am here and why do I reincarnated?"
6/24/2019 c1 103AZ23AJ
Interesting beginning and hope to see more my friend
79 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »