for A firecracker named July

12/3/2019 c1 1GreenBanshee
Just finished your story and I’m sad and happy and sad.
11/29/2019 c20 Guest
you think you'd ever write a version of this where july doesn't die? that would be pretty awesome.
10/19/2019 c20 Eala Bhan
Oh. My. Gosh. This was an absolutely, heartbreakingly beautiful story. It made me cry, laugh, and feel happy for the characters. This was a genuinely good fanfic.
I will say this, it definitely needs editing. A lot of editing. But honestly, that’s the only thing it needs in my opinion.
The storyline had me hooked and wanting to know if July was ever going to get better, despite being told from the get-go that she wasn’t. The characters are all really well written, and you did a great job of keeping the Stranger Things cast in-character while also molding them to your storyline. I also liked how you didn’t use ALL of them, just the essential ones and only when they would plausibly be there. Like when Hopper showed up for that one moment at July’s house with the paramedics because of the 911 call. And then the way you portrayed all the stages of denial through Billy was seamless and so extremely human. Your original characters, though few, were fantastic as well. Mr. and Mrs. Criss were so realistic, and I loved how you wrote them in whereas I’ve seen a lot of authors kind of forget that the parents are in the story. It actually helped me make a personal connection with the story because my dad is also a pilot. He gets sent out to other states or countries a lot for work so when you wrote that July’s dad was a pilot whose work would take him away from home a lot it sort of added an extra reason for me to read this story. Making you’re reader feel personally connected to your story is sooo important and it can be something as simple as describing your character’s parents to the type of relationship/banter your characters have with each other; like when Mrs. Criss gave Billy a key to their house. Although it was a short moment, it displayed the type of person Mrs. Criss was and what she saw in Billy. You did a stunning job of making me feel connected to this story.
Gonna be honest, I read this whole thing within a day. I was hooked.

Anyway, I’m rambling. Sorry for the long post. Bottom line is: this story is absolutely beautiful, needs major editing grammar-wise.
8/20/2019 c19 2Dawn's Darkness
My heart was not ready
8/20/2019 c18 Savysnape7
Fuck this hurts :(
8/5/2019 c16 Dawn's Darkness
The Heather thing is a shock...
7/31/2019 c15 Savysnape7
i’m happy billy and max have some sort of relationship still
7/29/2019 c14 Savysnape7
aw Billy
7/28/2019 c13 Savysnape7
wow... I wasn’t as ready for this as I thought I was going to be
7/28/2019 c13 Dawn's Darkness
I just have no words.
You wrote so beautifully I’m in tears
7/27/2019 c12 Savysnape7
my heart hurts but this is written so beautifully.
7/26/2019 c11 Savysnape7
I can’t say enough how amazing this is! You do such a great job. And yeah Billy punch his lights out!
7/23/2019 c10 Dawn's Darkness
oh my gosh. What a way to end the chapter :'(
My heart breaks for them.
Can't wait to see how you have Billy react to such a confrotning side effect of her illness / treatment. He still seems kinda oblivious so how sick she really is
7/21/2019 c9 Savysnape7
This is so cute but also hurts so much sometimes! I love it
7/18/2019 c7 Savysnape7
This chapter put me through so many emotions! First it warms my heart to see billy caring so deeply, and then it breaks it bc of what’s happening to July! But now woh-ho bc they get to have their moment... like damn! This is so good!
21 Page 1 2 Next »