for Is it Right?

10/7/2019 c1 1Vallalkozo
Saw this on the fanfic recommendation page on tv tropes. Nice wrap up of the first movie, with foreshadowing of "Stone of Cold Fire".
7/14/2019 c1 Guest
Maybe you might make another story set after the events of The Mysterious Island or before the events of the TV Series about the gang's parents reaction when the children told them that they hatched and they're friends with Chomper.
7/14/2019 c1 39OwlsCantRead
This is a rather nice wrapup to the original film, I say. The part I probably like the most is Cera talking back to her father and standing up for her friends and their newfound friendship. The rest of them following suit and breaking the seemingly well-established species barrier is also something neat: it's a given that the gang has done it already that half the time it's easy to take for granted. However, in the context of the LBT universe, befriending outside one's species is still extremely rare, and that's the true beauty of it.

I do agree that the gang reflecting that the adventure, despite all their struggles, has changed them for the better and taught them all about the real value of friendship. My main issue is with pacing, tbh: I feel that the reunion and its nuances is more suited for a longer tale. And like the others, I'm happy to see you expand your scope. I love both Ducky and Petrie, don't get me wrong, but it's for the best to expand your purview and try new things!
7/14/2019 c1 20The Rhombus
My apologies for the delay in getting to this story. I have to second what ImpracticalDino has said: you should certainly keep on incorporating other characters. :yes Though you might not be feeling your most confident at the moment, this story in particular shows significant growth in terms of exploring new ground.

We are presented in this story with some unexplored loose ends from the end of the first film. In particular, each of the gang confronting how much of their parents' lessons might be incorrect or misguided. Through Littlefoot's introspection we have a window into the mental questioning that must be happening in each of the gang's minds since they arrived back which is only confirmed by their arrival and subsequent conversation. The dialogue here is quite in-character, and it shows off the character growth in all of the characters from the first film, especially Cera.

I do have to second the minor quibbles that the previous reviewers had mentioned, but overall I think those minor errors were overshadowed by this story's strengths. In this story you have stepped outside of your normal comfort zone and I think the results were quite good. This was certainly a worthy entry for the June prompt. :)
7/13/2019 c1 26Keijo6
This story showed a much needed aftermath to the first film, one whose content was left rather ambiguous in the series. It is true that the Gang learned a lot during their journey and at this point, it certainly makes a lot of sense for them to question some of the lessons they learned earlier in their lives. I had some misgivings about how this fic worked but I’ll elaborate on that later.

The way Littlefoot started to think about these issues made sense as he didn’t completely cast away his mother’s words but to think about them more deeply. The rest of the Gang’s arrival made that sequence more complex as it’s obvious that each of their perspectives have changed a lot lately. There were no objections there and their agreement was very in-character. I agree with Anagnos that the way Pterano was subtly included to the fic’s narrative was quite nice. The parents’ reactions worked mostly as did the Gang’s happiness to their response. It is in a way seal to the bond they forged during the most important quest of their lives.

However, there were aspects here I didn’t really enjoy as much. For example, Topps’ reaction was odd as I have a hard time seeing he’d want this conversation in front of the other families as he got most likely publicly shamed. Also, the way the parents as a whole just appeared to the spot was quite weird but it’s true that having each member of the Gang going through this conversation would have taken a lot of time. In addition, the words Earth and bigot don’t fit in LBT.

But other than that, it was quite nice to see you widen your character cast. While this wasn’t your greatest story, it was still a good entry to the June prompt and portrayed a scene that should have been shown in the films. Nice job!
7/13/2019 c1 8Anagnos
Life teaches many things. About the importance of forged friendships, family and so many other things it would be almost impossible to list all of them here in this review, but I believe people get the point I’m trying to convey here without going any further into it.

I quite liked this story. This really feels like what would’ve happened after the gang’s arrival in the Great Valley and the eventual conversations with their families about their desperate journey. They would no doubt want to find out how exactly their children managed to survive the great earth shake when so many others, including the gang’s own family members, who lost their lives because of this tragedy and by how they eventually found their way to the valley in the end. The revelation of Sharptooth's death must have also dealt some form of shock and maybe even confusion among them.

Cera’s confrontation with her father was a nice addition to the narrative, as it gives a bit of an insight to her character that is not usually shown in the series. It felt a little weird to read that part of the story initially, because I’m a bit more used to seeing the characters act differently when enough time has passed for them to accept such friendship.

All of the gang’s families’ reactions were to be expected, as they have probably been raised by the same mentality in their own childhoods about the fact that different kinds should not function with one another and usually when one wants to get out of that kind of environment, it’s not particularly easy as children are much easier to manipulate and control, as we saw in the first film with Cera.

I also liked how you tied Pterano’s own story to this narrative. For obvious reasons the gang won’t hear the real reason for any of the herd members’ deaths until much later.

If there was one thing that bothered me in this story, it would be your use of the word Earth in the narrative. I personally think that something more of a simple, like world would have sufficed, but it certainly didn’t cause me to shy away from this story.

Overall, I am glad to see that you are trying something else than just Petrie & and Ducky focused stories for exchange. This was a good use of June’s prompt and the concept was really interesting to witness.
7/12/2019 c1 26Vortex Lord
By the looks of it. This takes place after the original Land Before Time.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service