FanFiction.Net

6/15/2022 c1 pumpkinsandpie
aww this is cute!

It reminded me of the Little House On the Prairie books, it was so sweet
7/24/2019 c1 10Excel Aunt
I think Walter cried because he imagined the horse a bit too vividly. This was a very good scene of Dad Gilbert, with scheduled playtime and all. (That said, it would be cute if the clock read something different than 7.)
7/21/2019 c1 4CahillA
What a sweet insight into their lives - like a friend passing the window (Hello, Miss Cornelia). It was short and sweet and lovely.

I especially love how Gilbert has scheduled playtime; like Anne remembers what happened LAST time he overworked.

And thanks for distinguishing between the brothers. Kind of reminds me of a recent “Bluey” episode with two sisters liking different levels of play with Dad.
7/19/2019 c1 Guest
that's so cute!
7/19/2019 c1 5McFishie 7759380
Very cute depiction of family life. Anne demanding family time (something we need today), Walt being given scared Jem pushing it. Gorgeous
7/19/2019 c1 15MrsVonTrapp
I long for more Dad Gilbert! Dad Gilbert is my favourite Gilbert in the world, and as I love Gilbert in all his guises that is really saying something!

I did love the 'scheduling' of playtime here - that is rather a Gilbertian thing to do for my mind, as his practice by this stage is so busy and the balancing act of work and young - growing! - family requires planning I'm sure. And that knock on the door of that sacred Dad space is really sweet - and right on time, too. How long were those boys counting down the minutes?!

The differences in brothers and their preferences for various degrees of excitement is nicely observed.

I love the ideas that continue to flow from you since you opened your own door into the other side of our fanfic world. Keep them coming!
7/18/2019 c1 77kslchen
I had to laugh at Gilbert being on a 'playing schedule'. I suppose with someone as busy as him, it makes sense to consciously make time for the children, but it was still a bit funny. The boys were definitely in-character, with Walter getting a bit scared (he's younger, too, of course) and Jem delighting in the excitement of his 'bucking Bronco'. All in all, it made for a lovely glimpse into their family life.
7/18/2019 c1 14elizasky
Yay for Dad Gilbert! Nice job showing the difference between Walter and Jem so economically. I can just imagine that Jem was counting down minutes til 7, what with Walter so skittish and Anne unable to play the way he wanted to.
7/18/2019 c1 42oz diva
Play is right.

How in character it was for Walter to get upset, while Jem wanted it rougher. We always love a bit of Dad Gilbert so this was a lovely scene.