for Hunter Effect

1/16 c6 4Twilight-Lloyd
Something I’ve noticed about MH fanfics is that a lot of writers seem to forget that the humans in that world are far stronger than our own. However, the hunters who can tangle with Elder Dragons and survive are freakishly strong even by those standards. Hunters are honestly comparable to Krogans in a straight-up brawl.
12/6/2020 c8 Night Shadow76
I honestly love this fic, you have something going on. I do admit that some parts are a bit annoying, but that's just filler parts to give more meat to this, so I'm not bothered by it. Also, I know you said you're bringing in elements of ALL Monster Hunter games, so that means Stories right? The one with the Riders? Also, here's my Hunter.

Name: Kage
Race: Human
Gender: Male
Sexual Identity: Straight (But not attracted to other humans)
Age: 40
Height: 187.96 cm
Weight: 113.398 Kilos
Body Type: Muscular (But of the great stamina/endurance type. Don't know the right name for that type)
Skin Color: Pale
Eye Color: Red
Hair Color: shoulder length black
Notable Features: long scar over left eye from rookie days fighting a Great Jaggi (eye is NOT lost or blind), large blast scar on chest from running into a Bracydios while hunting another target (Just figured one giving details just in case)
Personality: Calm and collected, but fiercely protective of those close to him and of those in danger
History: Born and raised in Val Harbor, he joined the Hunter's Guild as soon as he was allowed. He had faced and slew many monsters, the largest being a Black Gravios with a party of four, and the most dangerous being a Furious Rajang while solo. His biggest achievement was managing to hold back the White Fatalis to allow his hunting team to escape, after realizing they were way out of their league, only living due to being knocked out and thought dead by the White Black Dragon. Wanting a fresh start, he joined the Fifth Fleet to the New World. Due to his skills and survivability, he spends more time on week long expeditions, mostly to map out areas and regions others might have missed, but also to keep other monsters from getting too close to any place the Commission have set up. He has hunted up to Elder Dragons, but not the Nergigante or Xeno'jiva. He prefers to hunt alone with his palico and any tailraiders he comes across, but isn't opposed to hunting in a party when needed.
Guild Status: Active
Handler: Due to his lengthy expeditions, he doesn't have a handler and reports to a receptionist through message felynes.
Hunter Rank: High Rank
Equipment: Malady's Tabar III (Great Girros) Sword and Shield for versatility, but will use Girros Nadja III (Great Girros) Charge Blade for when power is needed. A full set of fully upgraded Girros Alpha Armor.
Knife: A 30 cm long blade with a ring for the pommel big enough to slip a rope or line through, with a harpoon like hook at the tip of the bade going over half of the back of the blade, useful for carving, fishing, and emergency grappling hook. On one side, the message 'Fear Not Death' is engraved in.
Palico Name: Shade
Palico Description: Pitch black coat with red strips long his back, average pointed eyes, bright violet eyes, left eye closed due to scar.
Palico Equipment: Diablos Alpha armor set with Felyne Godsblade Zapurr Alpha Kirin sword. Uses Vigorwasp Spray for gadget.
Palico Personality: Despite having lost an eye, he remains positive and friendly, but will be as ferocious as his partner when protecting others.

Sorry if it was a bit long, wasn't sure how much info you needed at crtain parts, but there it is. As for the history, that's the shortest I can make it without leaving anything important out. And since you didn't bring up anything about decorations or armor skills, I left that blank for now.
12/1/2020 c8 Guest
Awesome read! Thank you for your work! If it is not inconvenient, could you include links to images of the equipment the hunters use? To help visualize the scenes. Or maybe just provide the names of the equipment on your footnotes that we can search later?
11/30/2020 c6 Guest
Great story! I am fully hooked and looking forward for more! Thank for your work on this.
11/24/2020 c8 A little fart
- great sight ( they can see Vaal astrax flying and dodge attacks that he throw at close range ), smell ( I have read somewhere that this is how paintball work, they follow the smell of it), but not so much on the earing side ( we see them manage to locale big monster by sound, like deviljho and yian garuga cinematics, but monsters manage to sneak up on them ).
11/24/2020 c8 2Gianfranco Cembran
Very nice chapter
continue
11/24/2020 c8 A little fart
I will take that answer for now ( really wanted to know ). :(

Also, how do you will make the codex for biological aspects of mhverse and relationship now that they had been discovered by the galactic community ? And I wonder what was the history of mhverse had in store ? You know, since the game is pretty abmissal in lore. And society too.

I was thinking about something like this :

History : wyverian and humans have evolved on the same period of time, but on two different side of the Old world separated by a giant mountain ( so they cannot discover each other ). The lynians were present everywhere because of their small size, making them able to reach and hide anywhere. 2000 years ago, the two species discover each other, but sadly, the two species enter in war. On one side, the wyverians have the technological advantage, since almost all the ruins of the Old civilization were on their territory, making them greatly advantaged in this field ( they were also very prideful, with their long lifespan and "chose one" syndrom making them enslave what they consider as"inferiors" ) . On the other side, the humans are advantaged biologically with their superior physical strenght, endurance and agility on. The two factions were equally matched for 10 years, until a small faction of progresist wyverian trie and manage to broke a peace treaty betwen the 2 species. All was well for 200 years after that, until the discovery that the wyverians were keeping secret the most massive ruins of Old civilization ( under dundorama ) to keep the technological advantage over the humans, after making a law Who state that any discovery of old civilization ruins must be made know to all the 3 factions, for the sake of the alliance. A war almost broke after that spurt, but surprisingly, it was the young wyverians of this generations instead of the elders, Who had manage to calm the raging humans after this perceived betreyal. This young wyverians were the one Who had tried to understand and mix with human society, and they do not want to have to fight those that they perceived as friend over the fuck up of some stuck up suprematsit elders. With this new trust established betwen the 2 people, war was avoided, and the relationship betwen the 3 race had started to get better for 1800 years until the first contact with 3 race adopt what is now know as the common speech, Lyniens were given better place in society( in inspiration to the human system), humans had mellowed and almost lost their bloodthirsty nature, and wyverians had lost a lot of their pride and condescendous attitude for all the race that made up the alliance. ( no more idea )

Common trait betwen the races of mhverse:
-extremely good kinetic and visual memories ( to remember were important ressource, dangers and make learning fighting and other skills for survival much easier to learn ).
- some form of blood rage Who doesn't take away reason ( red aura from weapon and palico rage state )
- cellular regeneration who make them almost impossible to bleed out by one wound ( bleed state Who heal when you are still) and make healing big wound a matter of days ( red life bar and healing sleep ).
- adaptative immune system who can purge toxins and illness in a few minutes ( alcohol state stop when you get out on the ground, poison and paralisis and sleep curing in a few minutes, frenzy virus doesn't make them go frenzy ) and make them more resistant at the toxins who they feel the effect.
- almost impossible to knock out by brute strenght for most citadel species ( and if that the case, they recouver from black out and dizziness in no time )
- hard skin, musculature and bones who make them almost impervious to damage from small calibers weapons from citadel space ( I take what you say about small monsters who resist mass effect weapons there )

I will stop here, i doesn't wish to overhelm you with my ramblings. Also, if I became to overhelming, say it. I have the habit of becoming like this when I am interested in something.

Good luck with your story ;)
( P.S : can you tell me were I can directly communicate with you ? Please ? )
11/21/2020 c8 Guest
I want the old Civilization not recked by reapers but by the elderdragons and never achieved space flight.
11/22/2020 c8 12Chronos0305
Hmmmmm, the Hunter language is Old Thessian to the Asari, Turian Myth of dragons, Asari human like appearance, the Ancient Civilization being masters of genetics, I have an idea of what is going on
11/22/2020 c8 Slaggedfire
Thanks for the chapter. I think it's safe to say that the Krogans are gonna love the Hunters who fight powerful beasts with melee weaponry.
11/22/2020 c8 azrael09876
Aaayyyy Asuras wrath
11/21/2020 c8 Shadow Walker of Fire
Great chapter.
11/21/2020 c8 doesthiscountasausername
i keep getting so excited about these updates. then when i read em, the story barely advances.

im just going to wait a few chapters to see the story.
11/21/2020 c1 Botsboy408
I like how your story doesn't don't play what hunters are.

Every single Hunter is basically Captain America where they jump off giant Cliffs, fight enormous monsters and run through lava to fight even bigger monsters for fun.

Treating these superhumans like they were humans from the Mass effect universe just wouldn't work.
Also wouldn't Valstrax be a little angry that there are now a bunch of spaceships flying around in its territory? (rocket dragon for the win)

Love what your doing can't wait to see where you go with the story and keep up the good work!
11/21/2020 c8 helkil
please please just stick/continue with an previous branch or this one i am tired of being thrown around with different plot points that i don't much care for, until you get to the interaction between the humans/palico/wyverian people and the citadel races.
146 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »