for Smoke

1/18 c1 Lil'Sparrow7
This is a fabulous story! Well written too!
8/17/2020 c1 5ForeWARNE
I’m actually shivering from the fear I felt... I could’ve never imagined Baron like this at all... it really did scare me
5/7/2020 c1 9Jasmine Melody
It was different and I liked it.
8/6/2019 c1 James Birdsong
Marvelous
8/3/2019 c1 140TheDrunkenWerewolf
Okay preliminaries out of the way first – how dare you, you monster. Now onto the fic!

“No Muta, it's still me.” Chilling line.
I'm loving the concept of the witch and the spell, and also how it only alters a couple things and not the whole personality which make t all just that much more horrific, because like the summary says, she's going up against Baron. Not 'a Baron being mind controlled' but 'Baron'. And this whole things gonna scar the both of them so badly and damage the both of them and cause so much angst... you're a monster. In the nicest possible way :)

Bonus points for the sword-cane.

Haru being true to herself and to the Baron she knows kinda breaks my heart because he's so bent on killing her and she refuses to fight him, until the end. Even though he tries to goad her throughout the encounter. And Baron still a gentleman giving her a fair fight (at least at the start) is just so very Baron.

That kiss tho how dare you. Right when we think she's gonna die . Monster.

That whole bit about Baron never wanted to hurt her, and doing so anyway by letting her join the bureau, just... so much truth in this bit. Taking no prisoners today, huh? He let her join because he liked having her around and she lit up his world and was new and different and he fell in love with her, even though he knew she was better living a normal life... that part just hits so very hard for me.

I feel like she's calling Baron out for leaping off the building XD (I laugh because otherwise i'll cry)

It was very clever of her to reverse the spell by turning him back into a wooden figuring again, very well done.

I know you suffered through AS English and so it may be intentional but there's a lot to be said for the space between them at the end, physically. And her swatting his hand away and not letting him help her up. Shows just how fractured their relationship is now after this. And like the last (powerful) lines suggest, getting back to where they were will be a struggle and a climb. I loved this, and you need your own mug :D
8/2/2019 c1 58Nanenna
Sarah! This hurt so much!