for Nothing to do with the Plan

5/10 c26 mumphie
I know this isn't a 'Harry' story, but...I still want him to be more than he is. He needs to know Potter magic - come on Liz Potter! He needs to show more talent and not be a follower. He needs to know what he should have been taught all along. I'd love for him to have magic love him like it did his mother. I guess I'm tired of Lyra getting all the good stuff since she already has so much...
11/26/2021 c28 Aratherfluffyfatcat
Enjoying the story thanks
10/7/2021 c28 Caver Floyd
Reading this reminds me why I stopped reading when I finished the first one like a year ago instead of immediately checking out this sequel. All the characters are written basically the same. You mention that Sirius and Lyra are basically the same which is fine because they are both immature crazy Blacks, but you have Harry’s thought processes reading very similar to Lyra or Hermione’s which really throws me off of the story. It all seems like just one character who is playing different roles with different names through the story.
1/26/2021 c27 Magicthunder1
that sounds intreasting, a one-shot of tam and angel becoming friends!
11/22/2020 c3 geekzgalore
Regarding comment, you mean City of Colombo in Sri Lanka?
9/25/2020 c23 Shirabe
are u ever going to arrange these scene into chronological order?
they are still out of order
9/25/2020 c20 Shirabe
want to see more interactions between teachers like Ashe and Snape and Sinistra
also see Lyra messing with them
has Daphne and Tracey joined the dueling club?
9/23/2020 c28 PrettyPinkCupcake
I loved the just go the fuck to sleep spell. (It reminded me of the times I wished my kids would just go the fuck to sleep).

Thanks for writing this wonderful tale.
9/13/2020 c20 2TaylorMade
Had an idea for a title for you guys. Ready for it?

"Wait, There Was A Plan?"
7/23/2020 c5 MojoBoingo
So I really enjoy this story, specifically the character interplay. I devour fanfiction the way others devour trashy romance (which is sometimes the same thing, really), and typically I don't like it when a character's sexuality is altered because it comes across as.. disingenuous? But the framework for Harry being attracted to Blaise was convincingly laid out and I actually appreciate it quite a bit. Less so with Hermione, but it doesn't bother me.

What does is how deus ex machina Lyra is starting to become. It wasn't the first time it occurred to me, but "The Metamorph Sometimes Known as Perenelle Flamel" made it REALLY hard to suspend my disbelief. There's nothing in the story that lays out a basis for her knowing that. When I first started reading, Eris in general almost put me off because she seemed like a readily available excuse to just move the plot forward with convenient information dumps. Her nature as established in your story counterbalances that worry, since she doesn't seem to like giving things away as opposed to Lyra figuring them out herself. I frowned for a lot of this chapter, because it seems like it's basically, systematically, cutting Dumbledore out of his place as a "character who actually matters." It seems like he's just there to be shown up. I have similar worries about Tom. Both versions of Bellatrix are starting to flirt with Mary Sue territory for me. Things just go too easily their way too often, and no one ever seems to match their level of competence. Why does she know about Perenelle? Why did Tom/Bellatrix have to semi-usurp Dumbledore's relationship with her, knowing things about her he never did? Your author note talks about someone being there who's on Dumbledore's side, but from their interaction she doesn't seem even remotely on his side. Like both Bellatrix's, she just undermines his credibility a lot but is polite about it, in comparison.

I was pleasantly surprised with Dumbledore's meeting with Lyra and Harry about Sirius: it actually put him on semi-equal footing. Now he just seems like a punching bag. And Tom seems several orders of magnitude less dangerous than Bellatrix. Who doesn't come across as a villain because of her connection with Lyra. Basically, it seems the "protagonist(s)" hopelessly outmatch the "villains" at this point. So it's hard to be invested in the major conflict.

I also realize I'm posting this review in a not-quite-sequel and 500k or so words after this point have been written, which I've yet to read. So this could hardly have any impact at this point, but it seemed the best time to post my thoughts.

Like I said, I really like your character interaction. I also like how descriptive your are about magic. It just feels like Lyra and Bellatrix have far, far too much going for them compared to literally everyone else in the story. By several orders of magnitude. I'm not going to stop reading, but I am worried about where it's going.

Either way, keep writing! Even if something does dealbreak the story for me, I'll never just flame people over that stuff.
5/12/2020 c24 Shirabe
can u get on tv tropes instead?
5/11/2020 c21 Shirabe
they still are out of chronological order so still very confusing

please arrange soon.
4/29/2020 c9 1Runaway Fantasy Princess
Never once have I considered Tonks and Snape together, but ... What a fantastic fucking idea. It’s way more natural than her and Remus (said with the understanding that I adore Remus and Tonks as individual characters). Love this series!
4/24/2020 c28 Guest
s
4/23/2020 c16 Guest
This chapter doesn’t really make sense? Harry ‘knows’ Lyra is a mini clone of Bellatrix already so in this chapter his shock at Bellatrix being Lyra’s mother doesn’t make sense cuz he’s already coming to terms with it then suddenly it’s a massive shock like he didn’t know. I don’t know if the earlier chaoter was edited or...? But yeah, don’t really get this?
138 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »