for Encounters

8/2/2020 c11 19tallsunshine12
This poem gives us a view from 'the other side.' Very touching. You have such a gift for description that it's almost like we are there. I can feel the cold and the motorcycle's speed.
8/2/2020 c10 tallsunshine12
I love "The finest watch my back."
8/2/2020 c6 tallsunshine12
This is eerie! I thought it was a good guy at first, not who it ultimately was. Ooh, chills!
8/2/2020 c5 tallsunshine12
This is a heavenly poem of gratitude and saving lives.
8/2/2020 c4 tallsunshine12
This is exactly the way the Klink/Hogan interaction goes, down to a 't'. Arms folded, list, giving in - cooler time down to eight. Great work!
8/2/2020 c2 tallsunshine12
I laughed myself silly with this. You have quite a gift. My funniest moments were Stanzas 8-11, but especially 8 and 9! These were good and priceless. I watched HH when I was young, and you've caught the right tone of the show. It's funny and serious at the same time. My day is brighter now. I wish I knew, as a writer, to write poems with the cadence and rhyme that you have. But I wasn't so blessed. Could you maybe do a Combat! poem or two?
2/26/2020 c17 71snooky-9093
A recent featured episode on our rewatch thread. And this entry captures the scene perfectly. We all agreed LeBeau was not only hasty. but not thinking of the consequences of his instinctive reaction to his discovery and actions.

And you set that out clearly in the last stanza. Another terrific episode summary in rhyme.
2/18/2020 c17 18Ennui Enigma
An intense and emotionally-charged scene... wow!
It's a reminder how much a classic paintings can represent a culture, an idea, and an identity.
Great prose! Thank you for sharing this moment in rhyme with us.
2/17/2020 c17 32Wynsom
Oh dear, LeBeau. How will you get away with this?
2/17/2020 c16 Wynsom
Tense moments well described.
2/17/2020 c15 Wynsom
Exceptional interlacing of Newkirk's game of solitaire with Carter's soleful sulk.
2/17/2020 c14 Wynsom
How well you depict the high risks of the airmen during the war!
2/14/2020 c16 71snooky-9093
My recall of this episode is fuzzy. Until now. This reads like a play, one scene flowing into another. The plot slowly divulged. Well-done!
2/9/2020 c16 18Ennui Enigma
Beautifully penned!
The metaphor of a play...marching through acts 1,2, and 3 works perfectly for this ensemble. I could feel my apprehension rise as our leading lady went through the evening... finally, a breather as she disappears into her car and is gone.
Thank you for sharing.
2/8/2020 c15 32whirlyite
A very successful experiment, I daresay!
88 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »