for Borne Of Caution

5/12/2020 c8 I Lost Civilisation I
Short chapter but I gobbled it up all the same.
Delicious.
Last chapter I felt so bad for Vulpix because she's our spoiled fox lady and I couldn't bear to see her in painLike...that hurt me right in the feels.
Also what are Lee's thoughts on the Ninetales evolution?
(God, I love the Ninetales so much.
it reminds me of the good ol' Naruto days.)
Also Lee being exasperated over being the designated mentor/leader despite only starting his journey not too long ago is such a mood XD
5/12/2020 c8 3Alex Grant
Are you going to write down how the professor reacted when he read Lee's report on the 'battle' with the Manectric?
Will the treeko be the next pokemon he will capture?
Your story is really good, thanks for writing it.
5/12/2020 c8 1Sarasheem
love this story! definitely one of my favorite Pokémon fanfics. I love the personality of Lee, such an exasperated adult surrounded by children.
5/12/2020 c8 4Verdauga
Neat.
5/12/2020 c8 Eviline
Noo I wanted to listen to the lecture as well!
5/12/2020 c7 Eviline
That was a good battle and although it was a dirty tactic, I guess she won fairly? Vulpix used just about no attacks though. The protect jump was inspired!

Don't be too harsh on yourself and I hope you are all right. It sounds like your job is on the line, which is awful.
5/12/2020 c8 3intata
Thanks for the chapter!
5/12/2020 c8 1Murtaugh
Your story isn’t shitty. It’s very well written, to be honest.
5/12/2020 c8 Yifto
still one of my favs keep it up. love the development with Lee. and am interested in this dragon chic don't know her so that will be interesting
5/12/2020 c8 untoldpleasure
Love it.
5/12/2020 c8 FbItracking
I don't think you need to have the whole 'what happened last time thing' at the top unless it's actually been a while since you've updated. Though if you're aiming for it to be more like the anime thing where people might not have watched the prior episode that works too.
5/12/2020 c8 doomqwer
This was cute nice to see where things are going next it should interesting seeing our main character get a new Pokémon
5/12/2020 c8 1L'assassin orange
Hope your working situation gets better man, and that your employer don't try to fuck you over. Thanks for the chapter, and best of luck !
5/12/2020 c8 WinterLark
Another chapter! Woot woot! Glad a character is using their brain and thinking things through. People just have them being all mary sue and kicking ass with no thought. Good story writing and character design! Cant wait for the next chapter
5/11/2020 c7 1Lupercus1944
Sorry to hear about your job. I hope you end up at an even better one.

Anyway, regarding your story, despite the fact you refer to it as a dumpster fire, I actually find it to be very good.

In fact, the only real criticism I can offer is that we have not been introduced to any sort of overarching threat or plot line yet. Yes, I am aware that this particular criticism is undeniably hypocritical of me and, considering we are only seven chapters in, is almost unworthy of even mentioning. Still, since it is the only real improvement I can think of, I thought I would at least bring it up.

Given how well the characters the characters are developed and the fact that their interacts are both interesting and amusing, it just might be enough to carry the story on their own. This has also seems to have improved since the first few chapters. I remember thinking that Lee seemed remarkably well given what he has been through, but it quickly became clear he came out more emotionally scarred than he first seemed. That is particularly apparent in this chapter, which played a significant role in making it so interesting to me. I hope this is built upon even further.

The battles and Lee's interactions with Pokemon are also really good as well. I imagine knowing how to handle animals in our world would be a huge benefit in dealing with Pokemon.

Oh, and one final note, the humor (especially in this chapter) is well done and served to balance out the more serious side of things. This is important in my opinion, as too much or too little serious tends to hurt stories.

Overall, I think you have done an absolute fantastic job! Don't sell yourself short by calling it a dumpster fire! This is actually one of the better stories I have read!
2,150 « Prev Page 1 .. 117 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 137 .. Last Next »