for Borne Of Caution

5/11/2020 c7 1ChaztheEpic
Zinnia, eh? Things just keep getting more interesting around here...

By the by, I love how beautifully you're conveying the relationship between Lee and Vulpix. It really came to a head this chapter with that loss. Good stuff.
5/11/2020 c7 ThomasBenFS
Gets alert, Sees Borne of Caution, Instantly clicks open the story.
Thanks for the chapter!
Looking forward to more (much better than anything I could do)!
Also, I'm interested in the inclusion of Zinna, I don't think I have seen her in any fanfiction before, it should be interesting.
5/9/2020 c6 6SleepyDrampa
Clicked on this story on a whim since it was a new one on the high favs and goddamn. I'm incredibly impressed. This is one of the best-written OC stories I've ever seen on here. Obviously the premise is a little farfetch'd, but it's pokemon, so that's easy enough to forgive. What cements the story for me is how you treat the situation. That is, you don't brush over your OC's past, nor the trauma that landed him in another world out of the blue.

The treatment of the pokemon world is fantastic. Yes, pokemon are depicted as dangerous in cases, but not to the extent of, say, The Sun Soul. And it's clear (so far at least) that what Lee has experienced is a fairly peaceful world, especially when compared to our own.

I don't necessarily agree that the pacing is too slow, especially since the story isn't that long yet. It'd be a bit ridiculous for someone who's literally transported to another world, injured and with no one that he knows to vouch for him to suddenly just go challenge the gyms or something. It actually fits the tone well that he takes his time and is reading up on the world before he just jumps right in. I'm certainly excited to see Lee catch more pokemon and grow stronger, but rushing that usually turns out poorly.

Lee is obviously intelligent and experienced, and the closest thing that I could have to a complaint so far is that sometimes I could see him leaning into Mary Sue territory. I don't think that'd be much of an issue since you've established that he does have flaws, but sometimes the intelligence and experience doesn't quite match up with the age or what we know.

All in all, I'm incredibly excited to see where you take this story next! Though there's not a ton of it yet, I could easily see this becoming a staple of the community, since it has the right kinda blend that people on here like. Also, I won't lie, some of the premise is reminding me of the show Zoo a bit. A goofy one, but I certainly liked it. Stay safe out there!
5/2/2020 c6 2harashien
Love the story
5/2/2020 c6 2Sin Ouroboros
This is a very good story! Looking forward to more!
5/1/2020 c6 16BukkakeNoJutsu
This is wonderful stuff
4/28/2020 c6 lizaia
Wow. This was just great. I really enjoy the story. I can't wait to see where you go from here.
4/29/2020 c6 6echo42
This is a really good story! Dr Doolittle as a pokemon trainer, very fun.
4/29/2020 c1 echo42
Oof. There's a start to a pokemon story.
4/29/2020 c6 Devang98
Hey bro can you put more chapter here I really loved your work .
4/25/2020 c6 supernerd16
really really good
4/25/2020 c6 Rydralle
A well written story and a very fun read. Looking forward to more.
4/22/2020 c3 ehbon172
Hm, I really hope the MC here gets some researcher privileges with how much research he alone will bring to the table. He could write books on animal behavior and the animals themselves that most likely don’t exist in the Pokemon world if animals really are that scarce. And he has an education that puts most actual trainers to shame. At the very least he should get credit for the research he does contribute, even if Birch has to co-sign the papers to get them any attention.
4/21/2020 c6 Zukko
This is a really enjoyable fic, looking forward to more!
And are we gonna see more of that Manectric?
4/19/2020 c6 Eviline
He gorgeously handled that. How dare they just steal that egg! Manectric was completely in her rights
2,141 « Prev Page 1 .. 119 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 139 .. Last Next »