FanFiction.Net
for The Bloodiest Place on Earth

1/17 c52 2AlexFalTon
That is one way end a novel. I have little opinion on Graciela as she's still a dictator, but Erza is still clearly a far worse person. One ruthless enough to attempt a coup and I wonder how far along that will go. When a coup happens, families of a previous loyal regime tend to perish. But yeah, who knows how effective Erza's plot will take hold. Probably not much and well, there's still a Rebellion happening.

Anyway, this ended up being a great conclusion!
1/17 c51 AlexFalTon
Poor tributes, poor all of survivors. Quinn most of all. He'll probably crack soon and I hope no one blames him for doing so.
1/17 c50 AlexFalTon
Ashe, how does it feel to be a Victor... and also a rebel Icon right after your traumatizing experience in the Hunger Games?

Ashe: ahhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, that sounds right. But hey, the fact that others survived other than Quinn is a huge surprise. I'm happy that Shad's alive! Kinda funny Ashe was really hoping on Ainsley not being one of the survivors.
1/15 c49 6darthnell
ASHEEEE YEAHHHH :HEART: :HEART: :HEART: IM OBSESSED... this def lives up to the chapter title though ;-; the crown.. thats such a brutal move i hate it (affectionate; its Really good).. and the notebook... god. its such a good way of showing how much shes changed and it Hurts ! im glad shes still here though, im looking forward to seeing more of Ashe bby ;-;

(my gen predic is also that Ainsley is still alive and out there... Malding bvjdhvf.. ig we will have to See...)

Congrats on finishing the Games ! And congrats to Moose for her victor c:
1/4 c48 2AlexFalTon
Hope you had a happy New Year!

So, the Finale... I'm not even mad about the cliff-hanger. This was just done greatly. It's just wow, it's been a long journey. Can't believe it's almost done. Started at 2019(!) WOW! Yeah, I cant believe the author kept it up. Seriously, you are awesome. My reviews aren't the best, but I wanted to review regardless. I feel like this author has done her best, and the authors best was amazing to me. Now, on to the review.

Firsrtly, WTF! Shad nooooooooooooooo!

I am... quite sad Shad died. Rooted for him for quite some time. Now with Ainsley and Ashe. Now, their fight was awesome and absolutely dramatic which makes it a memorable ending. The best part is certainly that what happens next cant be predicted. No one knows the outcome and what everyone has decided. And I wonder the absolute worst outcome were to happen if both tributes were to die...
12/29/2022 c47 AlexFalTon
Ainsley - Well, Ishtar was a character who had a turbulent ride. Certainly someone who arguably suffered the most from these games. Ishtar had more delusional of grandier in these games than even the careers if she expected Jayce to love her so much that she'd volunteer to a death game. As for Ainsley, no comment that hasn't already been mentioned. Just good for Ainsley to ends Ishtar's suffering.

Shad - My. GOD. That was not a ending I expected, it was way better. It was sad. It was emotional. And it was a great send-off to Scoria. Making a choice outside of her parents expectations, knowing the bitterness of the outcome even if she wins, and having Shad care about her after she died. Thank you do much for writing her character superbly. Shad is also pretty much my favorite right now. Ashe and Ainsley are alright. But Shad really stepped up as a character so much he's unrecognizable from his introduction and that's a marking of a great character. Him no longer being the confident career and questioning society makes him just great.

Ashe - Go for it. Family's waiting for you. And revenge, if she cares about that. Guess Ashe might still be angry at Ainsley or gets why she did it.

Thoughts on Victor: Honestly, I care more about Shad than than Ashe and Ainsley. I can barely tell the latter two apart from one another (sorry guys). So, I hope Shad wins.
12/29/2022 c42 7Team Shadow
Ishtar - Yeah, she's lost it. I appreciate Afandina for standing up for himself all things considering. Though in an Ishtar/Afandina fight, my money is on Ishtar.
Shad - His arch might be edging on my favorites right now. His brutal honesty of his current situation is pretty admirable. And him facing the ghost again, that was pretty funny. I wonder who he was chasing though.
Sterne - Ahh I really thought he might have the upper hand on Ainsley there for a second. I loved seeing Ashe knock him down a peg, even if she didn't kill him she definitely messed him up.

Rooting For: Everett Reed (D9M)
Love: Ishtar Marmaduke (D12F)
Like: Wonder Hammerfort (D2M), Afandina Hariri (D10M)
Neutral: Tamarah Colt (D10F), Ainsley Platte (D9F), Shad Marcum (D1M), Bayou Hacksom (D4M)
Dislike: Scoria Primer (D2F), Sterne Colvin (D5M)
12/29/2022 c41 Team Shadow
Eris - NOOOOOOOOo this is such a depressing day. Both Ainsley and Ashe's decisions led to the death of their allies. It's almost poetic, if it wasn't so depressing. Stop playing with my feelings.
Calista - Even though I know her fate, I literally can't help but feel bad for my girl. She's been suffering her whole life and it's all coming down on her right now. Her and Shad's friendship is not what I expected, but I'm kind of here for it.
Bayou - I'm just...shaking my head at how horrible of a time all these Careers are having. Bayou is going through it, Shad is going through it, Calista is going through it, Scoria is only pretending to be fine, and Wonder, well, he's seen it all. I did enjoy Scoria's outburst.

Rooting For: Everett Reed (D9M)
Love: Ishtar Marmaduke (D12F)
Like: Wonder Hammerfort (D2M), Afandina Hariri (D10M)
Neutral: Sterne Colvin (D5M), Tamarah Colt (D10F), Ainsley Platte (D9F), Shad Marcum (D1M), Bayou Hacksom (D4M)
12/29/2022 c40 Team Shadow
OH SHIT WHAT A CHAPTER! QUINN AND LANA LIVE! Well, Quinn lives. Lana is still in the air.
Wow. What a subplot.
12/29/2022 c39 Team Shadow
Ainsley - Guilt is going to destroy her. I feel really bad for her, even though she kind of brought this upon herself, she didn't enter this arena willingly, and she didn't know her choices would lead to this outcome. It is the nature of the Games.
Tam - well that was depressing. Tam is going to die soon, isn't she? Yeah, it feels like that.
Wonder - CALISTA NOOO! D: Lupin you're evil. That's all.

Rooting For: Everett Reed (D9M)
Love: Ishtar Marmaduke (D12F), Eris Rowan (D7F)
12/29/2022 c38 Team Shadow
Shad - I know he's one of my least favorites as of now, but damn I'd be lying if I said this chapter didn't make me feel bad for him. I didn't expect him to open up to Calista, but I think she would be the only one who would understand him (I mean right now it seems like she's the only one that is thinking anything positive about him).
Ashe - Holy shit, everything happened so quick. Rest in peace Lana, I really loved her and although I never thought she would win, she was the one I was rooting for (besides my own two). Ashe being able to hold in her 'I told you so' coupled with her guilt for not trying to stop them is so well done I can't help but feel bad for my little kiddo.
Scoria - okay go off you heartless queen. Bayou's realization about killing was a really neat one to see, it seems all the Careers are having a rough time in this arena. Scoria immediately shutting him down and then proceeding to not put Quinn out of his misery, well, ain't that a little hypocritical?
Sterne - Him wanting to die without regrets is a big oof in the Hunger Games. I doubt he'll get his wish.
Afandina - Ishtar coming to the same conclusion as Bayou; you get an existential crisis! And you get an existential crisis! I wonder how long this alliance is going to last.

Rooting For: Everett Reed (D9M)
Love: Ishtar Marmaduke (D12F), Eris Rowan (D7F)
12/29/2022 c37 Team Shadow
Everett - Poor guy, he is literally slowly losing his mind. I feel bad for him, what happened to Geo isn't his fault (especially after last subplot chapter) but he will never know that. Hang in there, buddy!
Calista - Oh my god what a brutal way to go for Ottilie. I'm in the same boat as Calista, I never really liked Ottilie but what a horrible way to go. And how is Quinn still kicking? Just like Afandina, he can't be long for this world after an injury like that.
Ainsley - This girl needs to make her mind up. First she's contemplating killing her own allies, or rather wishing she could, then she's judging Ashe for having killed, ya can't have it both ways! And poor Eris, dang Lupin you really gave everyone painful injuries this chapter!

Mine: Calista Abbey (D1F), Ashe Illyrian (D11F)
Rooting For: Lana Meadows (D3F)
Love: Ishtar Marmaduke (D12F), Everett Reed (D9M), Quinn Bayers (D11M), Eris Rowan (D7F)
Like: Wonder Hammerfort (D2M), Afandina Hariri (D10M)
Neutral: Sterne Colvin (D5M), Tamarah Colt (D10F), Scoria Primer (D2F), Ainsley Platte (D9F)
Dislike: Bayou Hacksom (D4M)
Hate: Shad Marcum (D1M)
12/29/2022 c36 Team Shadow
Ooh a spicy subplot chapter! Ezra is really...really losing it slowly isn't he? This'll end well...
12/29/2022 c35 Team Shadow
Geo - Oh god what an absolute horrible time these two just had. And a horrible ending for poor Geo. Rest in peace, you poor kiddo.
Ottilie - The irony of a revenge-struck Ishtar being followed by a revenge-stuck Ottilie is not lost on me. Afandina is definitely doomed with a wound like that though. And Ottilie, you better stay away from my Ashe! She's just a baby!

Great chapter! I've said it before and I will continue to say it, I love this arena and how deadly the rides are. It really messes with the innocence you typically have in mind when you think about Disneyland.

Mine: Calista Abbey (D1F), Ashe Illyrian (D11F)
Rooting For: Lana Meadows (D3F)
Like: Wonder Hammerfort (D2M), Afandina Hariri (D10M)
Dislike: Bayou Hacksom (D4M), Ottilie Blackwell (D4F)
Hate: Shad Marcum (D1M)
12/26/2022 c4 Discord SYOT Verses
(continued)

Ishtar’s warpath begins… also these alliance names are killing me kksksks.. “Even Deader Weight”.. “Probably an Equinophobe Now” iconic

- How to dispel a threat… Ezra are you DUMB?! All he did was mistake you for a tribute bruh like thats on you why tf were you down there with the tributes in the first place… like this kid had too much anxiety to even be his own person let alone a rebel :sob: Hm.. interesting information about Caius.. i simply don’t feel bad for him ! Also Shallow being a spy yooo.. i love that. Its so perfect, Avoxes are supposed to be overlooked by nature of their status and knock on wood it seems to be fooling ezra too. He wants a career victor, interesting. Scoria would be valid. Shad… i think id end it. A Quinn victory would also be valid.. oh shit ezra has an avox on his team.. i retract that previous statement :v “his advisors” but its just a bunch of frat boys LMAO.. okay i un-retract my previous statement, Ezra isn’t acting sus of Shallow… unless he’s pretending to be casual so Shallow gets too comfortable…

- Ahh ofc this is affecting Everett.. would be weird if it didnt but still reading it is ;-; character-wise though this is a rly neat situation to watch him in bc for once hea forced to confront his thoughts and also the brand new heaping dose of trauma… its neat (:

- Ohhh my god Ottilie.. i rly did not expect her to die that soon and also that.. brutally like holy shit..these deaths have not been kind :V aiee man just thinking about this one gives me the jitters kxksksks.. and no cannon for quinn either yeet.. thats Interesting.. but man Ottilie being the first career death.. 16th place.. she is malding so hard beyond the grave kxkzksks. Her dreams are crushed… just like her body…

- Ooh Ashe’s actions causing turmoil in her alliance… tbh Ainsley’s right; i wouldve expected her to avenge Lyndie instead of Ashe.. this is def more fun tho :D oh stop i love this line “She's starting to regret this whole "big, happy alliance" thing. But then Ashe looks up at her, eyes questioning and slightly concerned, and she forgets it all again.” ;—; also this.. “Ashe proved that anyone kills when they have to, when anger and loss and grief take control.” Lowkey getting the vibes that she has a baby crush on Ashe kddkld.. also. I hate that fucking trash can.

- Hm pathetic shad is much more enjoyable to read than normal arrogant shad. His character needed this so badly LOL.

- Rip Ashe split them, but she had the right idea… why did Ainsley and Lana think that going down to where the careers were was smart ;-; Ashe and Eris are like… really cold about it too.. not like Lana’s death was clean. Getting crushed by the rides seems to be the theme..

- “She can see it now, on Bayou's face. That slow descent into realization of what you just did. The feeling of falling, when it hits you. That you just killed someone. You just ended a life, made a corpse, dug a grave. You met a person and left behind a body.” I rly like this bit ;-; hm.. somehow i feel like Scoria confessing to illegal murder on live tv is not the smartest move.. oh shit quinn.. sheee probably shouldve just killed him

- Ooh shit sterne found him too :0 quinn backstory reveal time ! …oh this got dismal oof.. damn that was rly cold of sterne to just.. leave him. Not entirely out of character with who sterne is becoming though.

- Tam rly is the queen of bad decisions rip.

- Okay so Graciela is very on board with this whole rebellion thing nice. And Quinn and Lana getting pulled out oooh ! Thats fun :0 …i rly do think these guys should be more careful w their conversations.. i have no clue where cassius’ allegiance lies and therefore do not trust him..

- Ohhh rip Eris.. a fitting way for her to die though. I liked the bit about fear making her sink below and anger making her rise above.. she Tried ;-;

- Aw poor Calista.. she rly is in such a rough place but im glad she took the pain meds. Im rooting for her to get back up from this, even if its only for one scene or one moment ;-; also glad Scoria exposed her shitty dad, go off queen

- Heeelp “sucks to be you”… i support Ishtar wrongs and rights. Shes just more interesting to me than Affy, sorry bud. Rip he did not like that.. oof. And the ishtar wrongs continue — are you really washing your infected wound in a probably-stagnant lagoon? With a cup that used to have fizzy soda in it? Girl pls… heeelp she’s going after affy again and she didn't even remember her shoes oh my god…

- Ooh this is a fun twist :0 i was wondering when that key was gonna come into play ! Assuming no one takes it from Sterne, he’s good to go, but the others.. ig well just have to wait and see. Also that fight between him Ashe and Ainsley.. well more like him and Ashe since Ainsley did jack shit oops. Ashe is simply going off i love this for her :D

- Oh shit Ashe found a key yesss.. also rip Ainsley is so out of it ;-; ashe planning to betray her ahh.. wonder if she’ll even notice :v hoooooly shit the betrayal.. the SUNFLOWER.. im gonna sob this is awful (its really really good ;-; )

- Ok wonder vs afandina interesting.. cant say im too miffed over that fight tbh Affy has never been one of my favs, tho neither has wonder. Im more interested in what Ishtar’s gonna do now; she seems like shed be way too focused on her own goals to even try for the arena’s LOL.. ooh she does get it though yesss

- Man each pov that sterne has makes him just that much more cold and determined.. im really digging that.

- Oooh shit Scoria and Bayou.. that was a good moment with them ;-; scoria finally making her own decisions yay ! …it’ll probably get her killed rip. Oof her getting clocked at the end there was def a surprise :0

- Helppp tam LMAO.. that was an effort i guess! Aw attempting to get sober again.. idk if that’ll work out too well for her here. WHAT HAND LMFAOOO.. man Cal is getting so messed up rippp.. as if the hand wasnt enough :skull: also love this: “Shad has, and never will be, a real threat. His ego once stood in his way, but now his absence of one seems to be doing the trick.” “Ill keep an eye on it” yeah, just one, Calista :skull: ok i cant say im surprised she meets her end here, her and tam.. put these girls out of their misery ksksks.. also the first time im not hating Shad yay ! Hes less obnoxious when hes nice, who knew LOL. I hope this carries over for him but ngl im still not rooting for him oops.

- Ohhh yes omg i love the way this is going for shad.. and him and ashe omgg :eyes: these are such good moments im obsessed. Also i love this: “If any one of those girls had been here in Calista's place, like they were supposed to, Shad would probably be dead. Which means he has to make it count. Which means he has to let the Pre-Games Shad get what he wants.” LOVE that he doesnt want to do that anymore, this is such a great turn of events.

- Oh jesus wonder.. yeah that was a dumb move kid.

- Ooh Ashe’s plan.. why do i get the feeling that its not going to work ;-; also the sunflower again oof ;_; sterne and bayou too.. it was their time, alas.

- Scoria and Ishtar.. man i will def be surprised if either of them win. Theyve been having great arcs though ;-; Scoria seems like she’s content with not winning to spite her father, and Ishtar… man she is really in it. That injury looks Real bad and it’s not gonna get better unless she wins, as she said. And the Jayce hallucination oof.. ;—; ishtar will have to confront her real motivations now.

And thats it for now waah :sob: im so excited to see how this ends though ! You really did an awesome job with this arena, i feel like you utilized the themepark aspect of this so, so well, it’s really incredible to read. And really brutal also; the sheer brutality in this stands out so well in contrast with what we know disneyland to be (even if we’ve never specifically been there). Everyone reading knows that it’s a place where kids are supposed to have the happiest moments of their lives, and this story is such a perversion of that in the best way. Like from prologues, i thought i might be a little too campy to work, but youve really pulled it off so well so far ;-; so nice job with that ! Also i can see that your writing has improved a lot over the course of this fic which is awesome ! Cant wait to follow along with the rest of this !
296 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »