for Fantaji Sentai Questinger

10/14/2019 c1 3xXRocketShark216Xx
I like this episode..sortof. I gotta admit, i liked Mythos a lot better than this, but still. I did enjoy it.

I had some issues though. Most of them involve the pacing of the episode-feels like a lot of events happened really fast. At least imo, anyway.

I also found Yukishi and Yuto's eagerness to become the Sentai a bit off. They just kinda go with it immediately and i get that Yukishi's personality is supposed to be like a brave idiot basically, but still, a bit of hesitation and skepticism would've been nice, especially since Yukishi is established to be brand new to the whole D&D thing. You would think the dumb jock of the group would question the story Remlin gave more.

I also have to admit, wasnt really a fan of the comedy bit where Yukishi fell down face first into Valanthe's boobs. I typically find that style of humor really cliche and more fanservice-y than funny. (Only anime where ive ever laughed at a joke like this is Evangelion when Shinji falls on a naked Rei coming out if the shower and the only reason i laughed was bc she barely reacted to it, subverting the whole trope of the girl shouting "YOU BAKA PERVERT!" or something similar)

If i was to nitpick one last thing, itd be Remlin and Valanthe's secret identities, or lack thereof. I find it really odd that they wouldnt use alternate names that fit in better with the human world but thats just me.

I'd like to stress that I DID like this episode and im not trying to be overly negative, these are just some things that did kinda bug me. Overall its a fine episode, and there are plenty of things i did like. Biggest one being how they fought in the fantasy world instead of on Earth, that was a really nice change of pace and although it likely wont be that way forever, i do hope it keeps up for a little while bc its unique and something that we dont normally see in toku.

Anyway, excited to see how the next episode plays out. Sorry for the overly long review.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service