for The Wind and the Flame

6/21/2020 c11 3Scholarly-Cimmerian
Damn. The opening scene with Bolin and Opal was funny, especially for Opal's comment at the end... and then the rest of the chapter slams hard into serious drama territory. Wow... Very good job all around, in particular with that very last sentence. Good minimalism there.
5/10/2020 c10 Scholarly-Cimmerian
Excellent work with this chapter as always! I chuckled to see Shiro Shinobi's part in the opening of this installment, and I really cracked up at Varrick being "economic" and getting Bolin and Rie tickets on the *really* early boat. Because that is so what he'd do. XD

Also, I really enjoyed the scene in the movie. That was really well-done, both faithful to the original movie you're drawing from here and also appropriate on its own as well. Superb. _
4/16/2020 c9 Scholarly-Cimmerian
I really got a laugh out of the Varrick portion of this chapter. That was so much fun, I had a laugh out of so much of the dialogue and exchanges there. XD
4/13/2020 c8 Scholarly-Cimmerian
Nice work as always with this chapter! I really enjoyed reading the scene with Bolin and Mako, as I really get a kick out of stuff with the two of them being brothers and all. (Still fun to see Bolin worrying over his hair. XD)

The movie scene was well-done too. The conclusion was really nicely done.
4/5/2020 c7 Scholarly-Cimmerian
This was good reading. I particularly enjoyed the scenes from the movie in the chapter, especially with the Earth King and the head of the Dai-Li. Very well done!

It was also fun to see Bolin and Korra talk too. I chuckled at Bolin's reaction to the idea of Korra having met with Zuko, he is *such* a fanboy. XD
3/18/2020 c6 Scholarly-Cimmerian
This was fun to read. Especially seeing Zuko again. He's great. XD
3/14/2020 c5 Scholarly-Cimmerian
Solid work as always! I really enjoyed the in-movie scene, that made for some good drama to watch unfold.

And then there was the ending of this chapter, which was just hilarious as a cliffhanger. Oh boy, Bolin, please don't try to geek out or freak out too badly! XD
1/12/2020 c4 Scholarly-Cimmerian
As always, the scenes from the story of the mover are quite well-done and fascinating to read. I particularly enjoyed the concluding one in this chapter!

And in regard to the scenes with Bolin and the others making the mover, I really got a kick out of Varrick's arrival and his freakout over this hurdle in production. XD "They've Zhu-lied us," oh my God...
12/15/2019 c3 Scholarly-Cimmerian
I laughed at the opening scene and seeing Bolin's reaction to his newly-shaved head. That was hilarious, I could so hear that. XD

Also, Tenzin and Pema's scene was good too. Funny (Tenzin recalling Uncle Zuko was a nice touch) and still sweet at the end.

The scenes from the mover's story itself continue to be interesting as well. I especially enjoyed the final one in the chapter, that was quite well done. Good word choice at the very end...
10/23/2019 c2 Scholarly-Cimmerian
This was a fun chapter. I laughed at Varrick handing the directing over to Zhu-Li because he knows he can't direct deeper, dramatic pictures. Good on him for knowing his limitations!

And the phone call between Opal and Bolin had some nice moments too. The ending line from Bo in particular was funny. XD
10/19/2019 c1 Scholarly-Cimmerian
This looks like a great start to a story. I've always been interested by what could have been done with Bolin's acting career, and for that matter, movies and such in the Avatar/Korra world. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this will go in the future!