for Clockwork

5/2/2020 c1 Ginger713
Very nicely done!
2/20/2020 c1 118katbybee
I am usually not a big fan of parody or poetry, but I absolutely love this one... and your other work as well. You've made me smile with this... and right now I can use all the smiles I can get! Thank you!
1/6/2020 c1 5booey875
I think the reason why this poem really works for the reader is that you can visualize things happening in Carter's tale. I've seen (and enjoyed) this episode countless times and I always thought that a Missing Scene was needed for that but *never* knew I needed it in poetry!

I really enjoyed the interruptions from the other Heroes, with the parts about Newkirk waking up and the dogs being my absolute favorites.

I also laughed hard at "Well...almost...kind of...volunteered"
11/26/2019 c1 1Carla210
I think this is my favorite one of your poems so far. You use the Dr. Seuss style very well.
11/25/2019 c1 Rutika
This is terrific! I also loved Dr. Seuss, still do, in fact. We just watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas.?
11/9/2019 c1 64Belphegor
I'll have to watch "The Antique" again, because I don't remember that 20-foot drop at all - which made for a nasty surprise as I read on, the kind of "wait, what - no" I mentioned in an earlier review :o) This was done so well I just couldn't resist reading most of it out loud, there's such a dynamic rhythm to the scansion, and it's full of Carter's character. Newkirk's and the others' asides are perfect counterpoints, too. Ooh, it's so wonderful to see your work for Hogan's Heroes! 3
11/4/2019 c1 32whirlyite
I love this tale! Indeed I do!
So nice to have a poet like you!
Your Seussian meter is a first
I love it more than fine Weisswurst!
The mission of the cuckoo clocks
Is told in a way that really rocks!
11/3/2019 c1 37medcat
Hahaha, a good Seussical expansion ;)
11/3/2019 c1 DixieDale
Very nice, as usual! The reader could see the whole thing quite clearly, and Newkirk's aggravation showed through quite clearly as well.
11/3/2019 c1 29Abracadebra
Oh, THAT off-screen adventure! I really should have been able to summon this one when you asked, because I have always thought it was a missing scene iin desperate need of explanation. And of course you have filled in the gap so cleverly. You’ve convincingly supplies important details, including the mystifying landscape issue that caused Newkirk such grief. (Hogan was awfully cavalier about poor Newkirk’s bout of unconsciousness, wasn’t he? Having recently dispersed concussions to two characters myself, I think he could have shown a bit of concern.) The choice of Dr Seuss rhythms works really well for a story of cumulative chaos. I think Carter has found a kindred spirit! (And just as an aside, I always think the definitive Dr. Seuss line is “and that is not all, oh no, that is not all,” which is from Cat in the Hat. It perfectly sums up the litanies of disaster that are such a hilarious part of Seuss.) Really well done and fun to read!
11/3/2019 c1 18Ennui Enigma
Delightful escapade!
I enjoy the classic Dr Seuss rhythm as well... this tale perfectly captured the essence.
Great adaption in landscape with 20 foot drop. Made sense to me :-)
For such a dangerous expedition, the narration style mitigated the pain and highlighted the humour. Thank you for sharing.