for Eat Your Heart Out Robin Hood

5/29/2020 c5 Antaros
You forecasted the hell outta Daphne and Harry meeting in the hospital yet it still shocked me. I felt it coming, was waiting. I think it was the unexpectedly poignant scene with Ginny (a really well done scene) that pulled me in and focused me enough I wasn’t thinking of when Daphne would show up anymore.

The first half of Harry channeling his inner stalker was pretty funny. The inclusion of Ron and Hermione made it feel like the adult golden trio. They haven’t grown apart and I rather liked their interactions. I’m glad you seem to be using a more Rupert Grint charismatic Ron instead of book Ron.
5/28/2020 c5 CreativeRoadblock
Glad your back! And you haven't lost your touch. Your characters have such rare moments of happiness in this story and Eclipse... I've been really hoping that at the end of each the characters will get an actual sense of happiness and closure for once.
5/28/2020 c5 31529
I haven't often read a Harry that I despise more than the protagonist in this chapter.

Between running after a terrorist with good intentions (and, after all, I'm pretty sure most terrorists think they're a force for good... beck, Hitler thought he was doing good at one point too... that didn't help the millions that suffered and died), his inability to focus past one night of sex (even with a friend dying) and how he treated Ginny... at some point an adult has to actually mature and be able to assume responsibility for their actions and maybe consider what is more important... this Harry behaves more like an immature and hormonal teenager with very few moral convictions than anyone that I would call an adult.

This is not a critique of the story... it is well written... especially if disgust was the intentional feeling that was intended in this chapter... but it is hard to read a protagonist like this.

Thanks for writing.
5/28/2020 c5 14The Antic Repartee
I'm 90% sure I left a review on your last update, whenever that was, but A. an update here caught me by surprise, and, B. this story is as delightful as I recalled it being? Like, I had several, actual, laugh-out-loud moments. Noise came out of my mouth sort of laughter.

You've also nailed the Trio. Maybe its just my personal taste, but you have unintentionally catered to them /exactly/ to the point where I don't even care about the plot, I will read this writing just to gulp up their interactions and how you interpret them at this age because that's how /I'd/ do it. I love it.

And can I just commend you for not going for the x-girlfriend!Ginny fandom route? That was SUCH a pleasant surprise in this chapter. You actually in-characterized a break up for those two (Harry's very maladjusted way of handling relationships-rightfully so-and Ginny's autonomy) and spurred them into this delicious gray area where neither are bad/good guy, they're just human.

Wonderful surprise I got today seeing this updated. Thank you so much for writing it!
5/28/2020 c5 nad4.35
excellent chappy. towards the end I kinda worried daph/Sara mystery wouldn't get answered then it did! lol.
anyhoo please don't make us wait so long for the next chappy, I kinda dispaired n thought this was abandoned.
Til next time.
5/27/2020 c5 Khaos Hazard
I love this story you need to update more it’s got my full attention
5/27/2020 c1 BBryant
Why didn't they just vanish the window? They planned to vanish the broken pieces, but not the window itself? And why would Daphne need to cast an exploding spell? People without magic are easily able to break a window. I'm sure she could just throw a rock if needed, but banishing a few would work too. Of course that's irrelevant if they just vanished the window... And why couldn't they conjure or transfigure a door to cover the broken doorway? And why did the debris from the door blow out when the wind and Harry's bombards should have pushed it into the building? And when Hermione puts up a shield in front of Ron, it stops all the flying debris. That debris can't accelerate fast enough in the space between her shield and Ron's face to be lethal. At worst, he'd get some bad scratches. And couldn't one or two of them levitate the part of the building that might fall while the others move the debris supporting the building so Harry and Daphne can get through?

It seems that you choose what spells you'd like your characters to use and then create a scenario around that. Either that or you intentionally made them seem incompetent and uncreative.
5/27/2020 c5 1Kegale
This story is amazing. Can’t wait until the next post!
5/27/2020 c5 56Magery
Holy shit I think this is the first time in eight years that I’ve read a piece of fanfiction that handled a break-up—let alone one ‘in the way’ of a ship!—in such a mature, ‘actually they both fucked up in particular ways related to their own traumas and histories’, and genuinely believable way. Most works I’ve read where there’s some canon pairing that needs to be broken before they can move on just skip it and say it happened in the backstory without ever really digging into it (which is fair enough, most of the time, they’re not here to write that sort of drama) or simply kill off the ‘offending’ partner—and the bad ones just bash the shit out of whoever they need to get rid of because apparently treating your characters like actual people is too much to ask. But this?

God this was refreshing. And fucking raw, too—that whole scene with Ginny was incredibly strong, especially emotionally. Can’t really quote very well on mobile but “I’ve got a little more self-respect than that.” was so good, and Ginny’s other line about propping people up was one heck of an oof.

Super keen for the next chapter, too, since it looks like our intrepid heroine has walked in on the worst possible moment and I am here for it. Big kudos for your version so far of Daphne too by the way; Daphne Greengrass the vigilante eco-terrorist is fucking inspired.

(One thing I didn’t have room to fit in anywhere else: the way you write Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s friendship is just great. Especially Ron in this chapter, who manages to be Harry’s best mate and also—as Ginny tells us—Ginny’s big sister. Characters who have agency outside the protagonist are good civilisation).
5/27/2020 c5 CCBottle
Great chapter. Good to see ginny be sympathetic but hopefully that doesn't cause Harry to break Daphne 's heart
5/27/2020 c5 Slytherin Potter
Communication is key. Always has been and always will be the main component in any relationship. Realizing it wasn't all black and white but really a middle ground concerning Harry and Ginny's previous relationship was a nicely done twist. I am so used Harry usually not being in the wrong in fanfiction when dealing with these things like this it was a welcome surprise seeing he was not in the right at all.

Still, though it is great to see you again and I'm looking forward to many more chapters.
5/27/2020 c5 tomekk
At least the wait is finished.. and what a twist with Ginny.. and cliffhanger
5/27/2020 c5 hooplah
I liked the greyness this chapter introduced into Harry's & Ginny's relationship. You can see both sides of the issue and can really blame both of them for not communicating.

I think maybe Harry is played as slightly naive, seeming not to realise how international travel works in the wizarding world.

It did feel decidedly uncomfortable having this all occur whilst their friend was dieing. I assume that was intentional but it made it a hard read (not necessarily in a bad way).

Im interested in you saying this is going to be 30 chapters. Given the amount of plot you'd set up here I'd felt like the trajectory was for another 2-3 chapters max (which is still quite a lot given the length). I'll be interested in seeing what new plot you have in mind once this initial 'act' is complete.

I think if I had one criticism its that your scenes sometimes drag a little. In particular the Ron conversation seemed a little slow and repetitive. I think we couldve skipped to Hermione's entrance quicker.
5/26/2020 c5 Guest
Oh my a cliffhanger
5/26/2020 c5 Guest
Cool. Cool, cool, cool. Thanks for the chapter. Can’t wait to see what’ll happen next,
278 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »