for The Ever Expanding Hogwarts Class of 1998

1/31 c4 14Bamboo Tora
Lol. This is a great crackfic. I'm curious if Beckett is from Castle or Ellen is Ellen Ripley. Also could the kid with the sun glasses be Tony Stark or perhaps Cyclops? I hope you come back to tinker with this some day.
1/3 c4 Heh
Definitely interesting, when do you plan on introducing Harry?
11/13/2020 c4 WearyCurmudgeon
- Partners
A good mix those two, they both have a sense of humour which makes it easier to get along.

Gandalf is also trustworthy, unlike a certain Old Wether. He'd rather put his own ass on the line than his companions and if he's keeping a secret, than it's because he's not sure that his suspicions are correct. Once he knows, he shares his knowledge (like with the One Ring).

Which a certain White Bee does not do at all. He hordes his secrets and uses others as pawns. That makes him more akin to Saruman of Many Colours imnsho.

- Future Pairings
How about two ruthless pragmatists, who've been screwed over by those in power and tried to get their own back.

Post Golden Morning Taylor Hebert paired with Medea of Colchis from the Nasuverse. The Queen of Escalation and the Witch of Betrayal.

*big evil grin*

The how? A certain red eyed vampiric troll.

Would also allow for a potential Medea/Loki "romance" as "Quatermass" has shown those two can have quite some chemistry together.

Taytay would end up a Snake also in part of her ambition, to recreate her Skitter powers through Magic. Making her a Slytherin/Ravenclaw hybrid.

Another pair could be.
Alexander L. Harris dying and given a task by an Ascended Cordelia Chase both from "Buffy the Vampire Slayerr" and "Angel the Series".

Why? Because Xander loathes prophecies and likes to make them false. Also needs to get over his Mojo and the Xan-Man don't mix attitude. (As he has a natural aptitude for fire based spells and runes.)

He gets to pick one companion and he picks the one Slayer that he couldn't save and who had never learned to live. Presenting Kendra Young, the Vampire Slayer.

With Xander also kinda acting like her Watcher.

No idea if she'd still have that minor crush on him.
11/15/2020 c4 Sebine
What Crack Is This.
11/10/2020 c4 10polarbear20000
Hmmmm...

Might I suggest Q and/or Trelane from Star Trek?

I would say the Doctor, but that's been done.

Another good one would be Mallory Ringess from Neverness. A lightship pilot would find brooms simple.

Meanwhile, excellent work! Please do continue.
11/5/2020 c4 bkerrmom1
Brilliant addition to the madness! Anyone from Diskworld going to be added? That could be crazy!
11/5/2020 c1 bkerrmom1
Awesome!
10/22/2020 c4 Kyr
This is too funny. I can see the Sorting Hat wanting a glass of whiskey or two. Thank you for sharing.
10/18/2020 c4 1Lord Damon Darkfyre
More? Please? Also, throwing Gandalf and Loki together like that! I cannot wait to see what they cook up with Fury in regards to messing with the Harry Potter universe, or how Loki responds to looking quite like our favorite mister Potter (or is it the other way around?)
10/18/2020 c4 2mickypants
I really want to see Loki's impression of Harry.
10/16/2020 c4 odonnellzoo99
Well I definitely know Loki and Gandalf. I think there should be rumors in the castle that Draco and Loki were twins separated at birth. I also think there should be jokes about Gandalf being Dumbledore's Mini Me.
The problem is that the characters that I don't know as well were last written about in chapters that were posted months ago. Consequently, unless I want to go back and start over, I just skim over those character mentions. I still really like the concept, but I may have to just wait until there are more chapters and start over and read through from the beginning. My reviews aren't really contributing to the story development anyway.
10/14/2020 c4 Cat
I really, really, like this story. Its amusing and dramatic at the same time. And its fun seeing so many of my favorite book series donating characters to the Potterverse. On that note, I do have some suggestions that I think might be interesting:

1. How about Corin or Merlin from the Chronicles of Amber, by Roger Zelazney? If you don't know the story, it centers around two realms, Amber and Chaos. They are the only "true" worlds. All others, including Earth, are "shadow worlds," reflections cast by either Amber or Chaos, which stand opposite each other in the universe. The family that rules Amber is actually related to the family that rules Chaos-long story-and they each use the same magic: Card Magic, and Creation Magic.
"Card Magic" is the ability to use cards of people or places to communicate with, and travel to, what is depicted. "Creation Magic" (my name) enables the characters to move from realm to realm: They literally create each realm from their own minds, basing their creations off Amber or Chaos. (Hence the many "shadow worlds.") Finally, there is a Labyrinth at the heart of each of the two major realms. Walking the Labyrinth is what enables the family to use their magic. Its a lot more complicated then that, but I don't want to give away the plot of the series...

Corin is a Prince of Amber, and rather arrogant, but he doesn't have a bad heart. When the series opens he has no idea who or what he is, and has been living in exile on our Earth. He ends up in Amber before too long, though, and that's where the fun begins...

Merlin is a very unusual character, with ties to both Amber and Chaos, in their royal families, so he is able to use magic, and walk the Labyrinth(s). He is sarcastic, witty, and determined to find his father. He also has a name that would cause Hogwarts to go crazy.

2. Do you know Stargate SG-1? Its a Sci-Fi show focused on the idea of using a Stargate to travel from Earth to other planets, none of which are in our Solar System. The heroes of the series are members of the US Air Force (and a civilian attache). The main villians are parasites that possess humans and are basically immortal since they can travel from host to host for a very long time. The Goa'uld, as they're called, are the source of most of the legends of Gods on Earth, which they once ruled.

Any of the main four characters could work for this story, though I think that Daniel Jackson, the civilian Archaeologist, would be the most fascinated by Hogwarts, and the most accepting of magic. Sam Carter, the Astrophysicist Major in the US Air Force, would be trying to explain magic through science, and could annoy a lot of people until she sees proof its real. On the other hand, Jack O'Neill, the Colonel (or General, depending on when he's "grabbed") and Teal'c the friendly human alien warrior, would be the most likely choices of the four that Someone would make to protect/train Harry.

3. One final suggestion, for now: Robinton, Masterharper of Pern. Harpers are like teachers, after all, so Hogwarts would be fascinating for him. He would be completely out of his element as far as magic is concerned, but I think he would adapt quickly. He would definitely want to help Harry, and while he's never faced a homocidal wizard, he has dealt with a great deal of politics in his time, and seen Lords trying to take over lands that don't belong to them. He might bring an interesting perspective to things.

Also, he has (or had while he was alive in his own world) a Fire Lizard companion, and definitely knows what a dragon is. Might make for an interesting scene or two with Hagrid...

I look forward to seeing the next update to this story soon! So far each character chosen has been a pleasant (and often amusing) surprise, even if I didn't recognize their book/movie/tv verse. I can't wait to see who is next!
10/14/2020 c4 10Nanchih
I am fascinated and love trying to 'guess who.' Suggestions, suggestions... How about Goose? You didn't say they had to be human, and most of them will have a familiar or pet waiting in their dorm. A little black kitten sleeping on Fury's pillow? Fury can and probably will sleep on a couch.
10/13/2020 c4 sunsethill
What a mash up! I really love Gandalf in this. I'll need to go back and catch up but I really didn't know any of those fandoms, but I imagine you'll make them accessible to newbies.
10/13/2020 c4 Jostanos
Who else may arrive and from where in the multiverse?
What hi-jinx may ensue after the sorting is over?
32 Page 1 .. Last Next »