for The Games Next Door

1/27 c21 DeepaVII
I gotta admit i was really not expecting a lot of this when i started reading it, you know, quite a werid mix, but u gotta say, this is quite enjoyeable and nice! You managed to merge both universes correctly, nice job!
Expect constant review from me, gonna be in the wait for the new chapters!
1/24 c21 38zcross1997
Another good chapter, and I appreciate the way you wrote me as a character.
1/10 c20 zcross1997
Ooh, very good chapter and action sequences.
12/12/2020 c18 zcross1997
I like that each of Sector V (so far) has a personal connection to their first fight in the games. Well done.
11/14/2020 c17 catspats31
That fight scene is fun and worth the wait. I can't wait to see how the other members of Sector V are faring against their opponents.
11/13/2020 c17 zcross1997
Honestly, I’m glad that Eva and Patton didn’t 180 and join them. It makes it more interesting and depressing.
11/6/2020 c17 10Couchpotato 88
Well the help will be appreciated and I’m glad you enjoyed the story.
11/6/2020 c17 Commas
You've got it! Like I said, this is a really great idea. It's an amazing story, and the two universes align perfectly. You made KND fit the Hunger Games plot as neatly as a piece of a puzzle in its proper place.

I'll be around with an account in about a week, give or take (most likely give). It will be an honour to beta for you.
11/5/2020 c16 Couchpotato 88
Normally I would never post a review to my own story, but to the last person who made a comment. Yes it would be great if you wanted to help correct my grammar. I’m normally ok with spelling, but this isn’t the first time I’ve been told that I over use commas. I appreciate all help and feedback, so if you wanna create an account and help with grammar, I would welcome and appreciate it.
11/5/2020 c5 Commas
I'm going to quickly beta one fragment of your writing to show you what I mean.

First, I will post it unedited:

The six former operatives, couldn't believe who they were seeing. Although they knew Chad and Fanny, had been forgiven for their past 'crimes', due to the positions their parents held, they had not expected to run into them so soon. They were now considered traitors by all remaining operatives, as they had willingly went with their parents to Villains Capital, without a second thought. Despite this, Rachel couldn't deny, she was happy to see Fanny, as they had been best friends during their days in the Kids Next Door. She didn't know how she felt about seeing Chad however, because although he hadn't actually betrayed the Kids Next Door upon turning thirteen, he had not been at all hesitant to go with his parents, when things got bad. Sector V didn't have the same opinion regarding Fanny, but the feelings towards Chad were mutual.

Now here it is in its edited form:

The six former operatives couldn't believe who they were seeing. Although they knew Chad and Fanny had been forgiven for their past 'crimes' due to the positions their parents held, they had not expected to run into them so soon. They were now considered traitors by all remaining operatives, as they had willingly went with their parents to Villains Capital without a second thought. Despite this, Rachel couldn't deny (that) she was happy to see Fanny, as they had been best friends during their days in the Kids Next Door. She didn't know how she felt about seeing Chad(,) however, because although he hadn't actually betrayed the Kids Next Door upon turning thirteen, he had not been at all hesitant to go with his parents when things got bad. Sector V didn't have the same opinion regarding Fanny, but the feelings towards Chad were mutual.

Do you see what I mean? I overlooked any grammatical errors so as to focus only on excessive comma use (although I will say that, as a philosopher, I am highly skilled in the use of proper grammar as well, and can also offer those services). Not that you make many grammatical errors; your main problem is just those commas.

Anyway, hope this was helpful! I wouldn't have taken the time to write all this - from my phone, no less - if I didn't love your story.
11/5/2020 c4 Commas
This story is GREAT. I was insta-hooked. The only problem with it is how you over-use commas. For example, observe the following sentences:

I thought, that, he wouldn't ever have gone, to the store for me, but, he did.

I thought that he wouldn't ever have gone to the store for me, but he did.

Which one reads more smoothly? The one with correct punctuation. Throughout your story are lots of commas where there needn't be any, and it breaks up the fluidity. I'm terribly busy for the next few weeks, but afterwards, I'd be happy to make an account and beta for you. Let me know in a comment on your story if you would like that.

I will leave you with a general rule of thumb until then: if in speech you would pause, a comma (probably) belongs there. If you would not, it (probably) doesn't.
7/9/2020 c16 catspats31
This chapter is definitely worth the wait because it featured the reunion between Nigel and his cousin. I can't wait to see more of the 5th Annual Games Next Door to see the other contestants that are competing.
7/8/2020 c16 38zcross1997
Oh wow. Things are getting VERY interesting. I know Nigel is conflicted about fighting his cousin, but he could definitely take her down.
5/12/2020 c14 zcross1997
This was a great chapter, but a very depressing one at that. Though I was glad that Harvey could be put in his place.
4/29/2020 c10 Ddysrhjkojbdsfvjihvbkk
I knew it would happen. Now Rachel will confess her love to Nigel after all these years (for me 20 times). If you consider that it comes before the whole world. I put myself in the villains and I would be most likely to support Numbuh 2. I've been a fan of the Hunger Games for years and it would be very funny to see someone build a plane, fly through the arena and bomb everyone
35 Page 1 .. Last Next »