for I've had enough, I deserve better!

3/28/2020 c1 Guest
Its amazing what TV shows/movies pass off as okay isn't it? Because yeah, take Ryan's actions out of 'its just a TV show' logic and... wow... that's bad, really really bad.

Great story!
3/26/2020 c1 Guest
Love it. Wish you’d continue to write more Castle. We love Castle (in pandemic and non-pandemic times)! Keeps our sanity sane and virus-free!
11/23/2019 c1 21AleciaB
Beckett is often misinterpreted and you express that you want to investigate her flaws, that she was never pulled up. During season one I thought she was a bitch but then i looked at if differently and saw what she was doing. Move your perspective of her, watch her physically, listen to her tone of voice, and you will see she is constantly luring Castle in, but she is afraid of getting close to someone again. Castle is a remarkable storyline, a beautiful love story, very cleverly done and there are many layers to it. Marlow's perception of humans and Bowman's ability to interpret and direct make a very good series. She is vulnerable but puts up a facade to protect herself. Castle knows all this. He is relentless, he understands she likes him but he also knows she's not ready. An unspoken aspect is their age difference of 10 years (the agreed he was born 1969), he has a child already and he's been married twice and he's famous. That's a lot for for KB to deal with. No one is perfection and these flaws allowed characters to grow and evolve in the series. Castle was forgiving but he also did things that showed his flaws. The flaws make a story.
11/22/2019 c1 Manxkid
Complex story which I really enjoyed. Thank you.
11/21/2019 c1 Guest
Continuation, detectives they sometimes use different things to mask their true feelings so they should see Castle's humor and his status as his mask given that the Time he had spend with them and asking nothing in return.
11/21/2019 c1 Guest
I agree with you but at some point in this story you go over the top like Ryan's thing, he sometimes have Castle's back when everyone doubting him. But apart from that I hate Lanie's character that she and Backett always talks about how hit someone and they should go out and get some freak on and Lanie always ready for one night judging by her character on show but she judge Castle without given thoughts about his past and sane goes to everyone else on show they judge Castle's actions without considering his past that he may also have insecurities and due to lack of faith he is what he is and he may not be that bad given that they are directive they
11/20/2019 c1 queenbee1711
I love your stories! More please! I too thought she was horrible to him!
11/19/2019 c1 TORONTOSUN
Good writing.
11/18/2019 c1 Guest
the only problem she never got it right thats why she became an unlikable character
11/18/2019 c1 Larry Holmes
Superbly done...wonderful! Thanks.
11/18/2019 c1 Trude
another great story - thank you!
11/18/2019 c1 Guest
The hospital corridor scene where Beckett has a dig at Castle to somehow elevate Josh has always annoyed me. It's similar to when Demming and Beckett were going into interrogation and ordered him to stay outside because he wasn't a cop. Or again with Demming when they left Castle to find his own way to the crime scene because Demming only had a two seater car.

I suppose in the end it's about communication and telling people the impact of their words or actions rather than let it fester or ignore it all until it becomes too much and there's serious damage to the relationship. So glad you wrote Kate, as someone who when confronted with some harsh realities, who could see the wrong and try to repair the damage. Ownership of one's behaviour shows a much higher level of emotional maturity than what was often demonstrated by the characters on the show sadly.

I'm a big Beckett fan but I don't have the rose coloured glasses that some have that result in selective blindness to how the writers wrote the character. So many 'If Only's' that were missed on this show but despite that I loved it warts and all! Thank you for your story. :)
11/17/2019 c1 tallcajun
Thank you for writing and including us readers. The Castle/Beckett relationship in the canon had many sad, rough edges. Your stories help to show another outcome - I like this very much.
11/17/2019 c1 Alan Burt
I must most reluctantly stat that I just loved this one! If only this could haver happened in canon! Given the recent flood of stories questioning the use of Castle as a doormat and his rebelling from it I must admit to not really seeing it a the time. Too caught up in the on-screen happening to see it I suppose. These stories are just now so pleasing to read. Castle had a backbone, he just suppressed it for Beckett, rightly or wrongly. Thanks for a really great read.
11/18/2019 c1 5Bamafan101
I like it all except the part with Ryan. You could tell his shot was an unexpected reflex action not on purpose. But this is fanfiction so we can bend things if we need too. Lol
21 Page 1 2 Next »