for Scene Stealer

8/5/2020 c1 18tallsunshine12
Great story from Newkirk's POV. I liked "to mad Gestapo chief.'
5/1/2020 c1 Ginger713
Yes, I agree with Newkirk...it's totally fun when Carter steals the scene! He's soooo much fun when he's "in character"! I wish there were more Carter stealing scenes!
1/11/2020 c1 39Book 'em Again
This is a fantastic character study that explores the improvising skills of Newkirk and Carter and in doing so highlights the differences between the two men. The list of Newkirk's skills just emphasizes his jack of all trades skill set, but also his ability to slip and out of all the roles required of him at ease. You compare this to the "instant metamorphosis" (nice word choice) of Carter. Newkirk's thoughts on his friend read like both jealousy - if only he could get to that depth - but only concern - does his friend forget his just acting a role in those moments. In all, a nice poem that makes you think about the roles but of these actors play.
11/26/2019 c1 11Oconee Belle
I am just as amazed as Newkirk is when it comes to Carter's split-second transformation from clumsy, talkative Carter, to roaring mad Gestapo chief! I would hate to be the one taking the rage from Carter, unaware that he is really just one of the nicest guys in real life!
11/25/2019 c1 18Ennui Enigma
I like your introduction... a discussion of stealing codes and opening locked doors and breaking into secret safes... and then the reveal of the master of disguise... nicely done!

"... when Carter steals the scene." Perfect end!
11/24/2019 c1 71snooky-9093
Carter’s ability to transform himself from a mild mannered tech sergeant to what you describe here is one of those sweet mysteries that fans (and characters) love to explore and ponder. This captures Newkirk’s amazement perfectly,

It’s ironic that the professional performer of the group considers carter to be a scene stealer!
11/23/2019 c1 60Trekkiehood
Carter is an interesting character. I think you described him perfectly
11/23/2019 c1 32Wynsom
Amazing observation of Carter's hidden depth. Wow!
11/23/2019 c1 29Abracadebra
This is an absolute pleasure to read—so much so that I just read it five times! The meter switch at the end of each verse, to my ear, gives the work a very natural, spoken quality. And the lines build to perfectly capture Newkirk’s (and the viewer’s or reader’s) bewilderment at the transformation of the team’s mild-mannered hazard into someone truly fearsome!

The problem with your poems is that I can’t pick a favorite one because they’re all so good!
11/23/2019 c1 60Trekkiehood
Carter is an interesting character. I think you described him perfectly
11/23/2019 c1 konarciq
Nicely done! Although I'm not too fond of thinking of Carter as a liability, the rest of the tale and amazement is very well portrayed. I recall a story in which Hogan expresses thoughts along a similar vein - with equal astonishment :-)