FanFiction.Net
for That Was Part of the Plan

4/10/2022 c83 XM312
Was just thinking about this not too long ago. Thanks for the update!
4/10/2022 c83 3Hankton
glad your back. I love this story!
3/14/2022 c82 Dherea
I found your series by happenstance, and read through it in 3 days. It is amazing, fun and scary. You do a great job on world-building and have one of the most unique takes on HP that I have ever read. Love this. I now need to sleep. LOL
2/21/2022 c82 Caver Floyd
Decent story, like the others, but I can only take it in small doses.
2/1/2022 c82 kinley626
I'm all caught up. Love this story, loved this chapter. But err... ready for more. lol. Looking forward to the next update.
1/8/2022 c82 1locutes
Good lord. Why must a good story always stop at a cliffhanger. Especially after nearly 700k words
1/2/2022 c82 toeb
I love this series and the world building that went into it. But I find it also insanely frustrating. There is so much useless texts and excessive different perspective. You end up reading the same scene over and over again.

There are so many just unnecessary plot lines like the Irish and the bloody queen. It just distracts so much from everything else interesting going on. The whole situation with the Irish if the authors felt it was necessary could be dealt with in a few paragraphs every now and again rather than the insane amount of unnecessary info we have about them. I wish the plot would lean more into the wildness of the world rather than setting up some story line regarding the dropping of the Statute. The whole joy of the aspects and of magic is getting away from the mundane and technology. It just seems uninteresting to draw the two together. There are literally gods walking around and the whole of magic is clearly incredibly complicated with huge hidden depths, why would you then try and combine it with muggle technology. The whole magical world is this alternative society which is incredibly fascinating on its own. We have barely explored Britain let alone touched the rest of the magical world. Why would you then tack on the Queen thinking about invading the magical world, it's just so unnecessary.

The shifting perspectives while a valuable tool for a writer is just so overdone in this. And there are so many weird situations. Why do we see the really interesting scene of the champions being selected from the point of view of Gabbie, she has much lower stakes in this and she's barely been involved in the process, she's just excited her sister got chosen. I'd like more time spent on the more central characters like Lyra. Sure, shift perspective from time to time but don't repeat each scene again and again from different angles.

I find the romance between Lyra and Hermione incredibly forced and hardly believable. Their interactions just don't seem to ring true with the rest of their character. The suggestion that Lyra, an avatar of a god of chaos and discord, is in a relationship let alone get married and have kids is completely ridiculous. Hermione's character just isn't very interesting in comparison. Her self-hatred and confusion over morality is repeated over and over again. Lyra does something crazy, Hermione is scandalised, but secretly finds it attractive but hates herself for that. This is repeated over and over again. She's just not a very interesting character. It doesn't feel believable that Lyra who hates to censor herself and control her own behaviour, whose greatest joy in life is a good bloody fight (and creating chaos) is together with her. I mean their shared intellectual interests are the only point in common. We're told Hermione is incredibly clever and clearly talented but she does nothing with it and is so boring about it. Lyra is clearly attracted to the wild, out of control, characters such as other bella, angel, sirius etc. So why on earth would she get into a relationship with someone who sits still the whole time, spends all her time overthinking things rather than acting on them. Bella's relationship with sylvia makes way more sense. The parallel between Cassie and Lily is clear. I guess Hermione is kind of (very loosely) James Potter in this. Just let Bella have a bunch of flings, go crazy with different people who she finds fun, don't tie down a fucking avatar of chaos into a monogamous relationship at the age of 14. It just doesn't make sense and doesn't fit. I found the sections where Lyra and Hermione interacted really painful to read. It feels like the authors just decided to force the pairing regardless of their respective character or their very nature.

Please let two of them break up. Let Lyra, who is such a fascinating character, loose and don't be afraid to let her have random flings with people like Cassie. Let Hermione and her just be friends, they are just occasionally making out at this point.

I love the aspects, they are so wonderfully done and fleshed out. We see the positive sides a lot so it's a nice contrast when we see the spitefulness of Luna's original aspect and her punishment. Angel is an incredible character and I adore the fact she calls Lyra 'little sister'.

There are just way too many story lines going on at the same time in this novel and too much waffling detail. You could trim the text down to half or a quarter of the word count and that would make the story much easier and pleasant to read.

Sorry long rant! I just love so many aspects of the book and so I find the negatives incredibly infuriating since they could fixed so easily. Thank you for writing this story and I hope you continue it to the end.
11/27/2021 c82 Aratherfluffyfatcat
Enjoying the story thanks.
11/27/2021 c48 Aratherfluffyfatcat
Enjoying the story thanks
10/29/2021 c81 7H Bregalad
OMG, so epic!
10/29/2021 c82 teaddicted
Goodness! This fic is turning into a long one too! Well, I'll just have to go back and re-read the previous ones while I keep patiently waiting for this one to be marked "complete", I have no doubts it'll be more than worth it. (Sadly I don't do well reading fics chapter by chapter and waiting in-between.)

Wish you both all the best!

Much love,
Teaddict
10/24/2021 c1 H Bregalad
this might be my favorite version of gabbie ever.
10/20/2021 c13 H Bregalad
I just reread it and it makes more sense now, nevermind. no mistakes caught at all. you two are amazing.
10/20/2021 c12 H Bregalad
First of all: This series is so good that I have been binging on it! (And giggling madly an average of at least twice per chapter)
second, first mistake i've caught was here when Ginny finally appears and her appearance is described, it says 'Lyra' instead. and is missing ending then starting quotes.
10/9/2021 c82 Zathalos
So, this has nothing to do with anything mentioned in this chapter. But is is a new theory I have about your story!

In "The lady of (new) Avalon" after Bellatrix cast's that infertility curse on Aster, she thinks to herself about asking if the curse carrys over to her animagus form, couse she doesn't want to get knocked up as a dog. Heavely implying that Sirius has had sex as a dog before.

So, If the curse DOESN'T carry over between forms, it is very likely that Sirius has a wilderfolk Son/Daughter Out there. My theory is this. Silvia is Sirius Daughter!

If this turns out to be true, would Lyra/Sirius adopt her into the house of black? I could see that cousins a huge political incident that both of them would find hilarious!

Fingers crossed my theory is correct! :3

(Yes, I did just copy this comment so it got posted on both this site, as well as AO3)
493 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »