for Astray

8/5/2020 c1 18tallsunshine12
A marvelously well- paced story poem. Without saying a name, you always give us clues as to who it is. Rhymes with blue clerk!
12/4/2019 c1 71snooky-9093
I love the progression of this poem. The buildup is very poignant and allows the reader to feel the wariness of Newkirk as he makes his way back to camp.

Well-done
12/2/2019 c1 29Abracadebra
The echo at the end and start of each verse evokes the halting, tentative nature of Newkirk’s progress as he moves through the shadows, accentuating his fits and starts. There are several beautiful moments of introspection in here — for example, as he weighs the potential costs to himself of this impulsive distraction and as he recognizes he has found an honorable use for his dubious talents. This story-poem is a fine complement to the other two you mentioned, but I agree that it stands alone quite well. Brava!
11/30/2019 c1 26493
A sweet study into the motives and methods of a certain crew member. I really enjoyed the repetition in the lines, it gave your poem a nice beat.
11/30/2019 c1 18Ennui Enigma
Phew... this was quite the marathon of a narrative! I was in suspense the entire time. The repetition at the beginning and ending of each stanza was quite effective in carrying along the storyline and reiterating the important points. Fast paced, exciting.
11/29/2019 c1 32Wynsom
Lovely cascade from one stanza to another and the choicest words create tensions. So happy with final two words—“safe inside”!
11/29/2019 c1 60Trekkiehood
So good. Had my heart racing for no apparent reason.
I love your poems so much 3
11/29/2019 c1 DixieDale
I really liked this one, and loved the unexpected way you used last line/first line repetition so effectively.