for The Birth of a Storm

very interesting
9/23/2020 c22 LiterallyAnyone
formatting issue, fix please
9/23/2020 c22 Ptolemys pyjamas
Err what's up with the formatting? There's HTML everywhere, makes it unreadable.
9/9/2020 c21 Guest
You haven't updated in a while
8/31/2020 c13 Ptolemys pyjamas
First twelve chapters are just canon copied, don't understand what the point of it was.

However the changes start appearing in chapter thirteen from subtle to total AU. Recommend skipping to it. Worth a read.
8/14/2020 c21 Guest
Awesome story! Can't wait for more!
5/18/2020 c18 ScarletWitchYESSSSSSSSS
Great chapter! I could definitely see Daenerys be a fire mage and I don’t see why D&D didn’t do that. Definitely would have been interesting to see. It’s really cool seeing Daenerys take a different path and get results she never would have gotten if she followed what we see in the show and books. But anyway great chapter and I can’t wait to see what you write next! Also, Happy birthday!
4/21/2020 c16 6Time Parad0x
Looks good so far even though it was mostly a describtion of the scenery -
the next few chapters will be the ones that matter.

Im interested what she will gonna find there ... knowledge about magic is probably a given ... but will she find Valyren steel weapons armor perhaps even the fabrication method?
That knowledge alone is worth a kingdom in on itself ... especially if she has all the ingredients ... like Dragon Fire, Blood of herself or her Dragons etc ...

Bestow a Knight with such a weapon/armor he will be eternally grateful and loyal -
It might be a nice idea for her to have a Queenguard clad in Valyrian steel armor and wielding such weapons ...
4/18/2020 c1 4keller.blair1
Or here is an idea do a story of Jon how he should have that would be far more interesting
3/20/2020 c13 2pfcvillanueva
Hmm interesting how you went with this route with Doreah instead of the show version. Not complaining but somewhat surprised. loved it and looking forward to the next.
3/2/2020 c12 6Time Parad0x
Well it is hard to say how "correct" Danys working throgh the issue of being a victim or rape and later on emotioanlly latched onto her tormentor is.
Especially in regards to Jorah - it might be possible her dislike for him is triggered when she recognizes he to sees her as a woman, a price to be had.
It could IMO also be sort of the opposite since she must have felt in his presence all the time, therefore allow her to recognize not all men are like Drogo and the Magister.

I think both version or anything in between is realistic - it heavily depends on how Dany subconsciousness decides to handle the issue.

You just have to be careful with the first approach if you ever intent for her to have a healthy relationship to any man that it doesnt get out of control.
2/18/2020 c3 saphirablue25
Season 1 was probably the one closest to the books because it was the only season George Martin was the most involved in and probably the one that HBO had the tightest reigns on since they wanted it successful. Even then the characters were tamed down some or made more innocent since D & D had other plans for them that needed people to like the characters more. The prime example is Sansa Stark. In the books, she disobeyed her father by telling Cersei that he was sending her and Arya back home by ship when he told her not to tell anyone. If they had kept that part, it would have made people dislike her more when she broke her promise not to tell anyone the truth about Jon in season 8.
If you show any of the other characters before Daenerys does actually meet them, maybe you can show how they really were. Also, please don't make Jon the full on people pleaser and whimp the show made him. He does have a darker side in the book. He also didn't make friends at the Wall right away because of his pride, but because he was actually on the shy side. Let his dragon out! Lol
12/23/2019 c4 Time Parad0x
I assume we will see a fire magician Dany -
It will be intresting if she will be able to defend herself, which will hopefully spice up the plot a lot - i wonder about the scale she later will be able to do magic ...
12/17/2019 c3 2Missy HP
Thank you for the great update! I’m always excited to see this one pop up in my email!
12/8/2019 c2 6Time Parad0x
Usually those of us reading fanfic dont want to read a retelling of what we already know - we want to see something new this is why a fanfiction starts with a point of divergence from the original work ...
So far there was nothing different and more than likely we will see changes not for a long time (at this point i assume everything up to season 5 or 6 will be the exact same) - so why did you start at this point in the story and not at a later one ?

I mean the possibilites for change are endless - for example Let Dany be seperated form Viseris meet a Priestess of Rhollor and convert to them ... learn magic with her valyrian heritage she should be able to (Fireamagic etc) - it would not only change the events that follow in a major way but would also the nearly unexplored magic in game of thrones ...

Furhtermore we as a reader would be spared to once more have to read and follow Dany through all those hardships ...
19 Page 1 2 Next »