FanFiction.Net
for Daphne's Letter from the Future

4/10 c25 Dr Stranger
Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
1/22 c1 Galaleo
in response to the review below i just want to clarify some of my observations in contrast.

1. He wasn't emancipated by the cup, he was emancipated by the laws of the tournament. He was entered into a 'magically binding' contract. That means he must compete but by the rules of the tournament he must be an adult to compete, thus magocally he was emancipted, not by the cup, but by the Chief Warlock, Head of Department of Internattional Cooperation, and an ICW sponsered event allowing or forcing his participation.
2. The trial itself was illegal, not because he was tried as an adult but because he was tried for underage magic as an adult. Meaning the triel itself was a farce. Now if the trial was for breaking the statute, which it wasn't, that would be a different story.

The main detraction to the review below me is disregarding the idea of magic not having any say in his emancipation when magic can decide things of less consequence, such as the owner of a wand. Magic is vital to the trope you discredited.
1/18 c9 29Faenlgiec
I am stopping temporarily my reading after the AN.

I have read in plenty of fanfictions theHarry should have been emancipatedtrope.
1) When he is selected as triwizard champion. Definitely not. He is selected by the cup, and that is the issue, but the cup does NOT require one to be an adult, that’s just a recent adition. On top of that, in no countries can you be emancipated solely by the words of the speaker of parliament. You would have to fight for it in court afterwards, prove the inadequacy of your current guardians, prove your ability to live alone, and THEN prove the need for you to be emancipated. Harry could maybe have gone for the first, but would have likely be carted off with some of Fudge’s suporters. In the USA, for example, some states do not allow emancipation at all before 17 years old. (Minimum age varries between 14 and 17).
2) No, getting tried as an adult does not make you an adult. That is actually something that happens quite frequently with major delinquants, most often with big crimes like murders. You are not emancipated afterwards, you just can be sent to normal prison.
3) Why would inheriting stuff make you emancipated? Even French kings were not emancipated when they got their inheritence, they needed a regent until 16, regardless of when they inherited.

This trope is actually quite stupid, because I cannot think of a single country where, without having anyone on your side in the government, which is the case here, you could get emancipated. Same thing for Dumbledore being able to get Sirius a trial, btw.

I’ll now return to my reading.
1/8 c21 Guest
:-*( Snape...
12/21/2023 c16 190Luiz4200
Cool Xena reference.
11/28/2023 c25 kiwihipp
So the truth is out at last and with the Queen and British prime minister and the Minister for Magic all appearing on the same stage is a great idea. The best way to do it.
A really well written story right until the end.
11/28/2023 c24 kiwihipp
Well done Harry for finally telling people close to you what kind of upbringing you had! That is probably one of the first steps of healing the memories of a non-childhood.
Again, Harry shows his maturity, when he refused the bodyguard and personal servant offers from Crabbe and Goyle family members. That he forgives the debt is also magnanimous.
Pansy Parkinson shows how bad you can become.
Harry deserves to be knighted and again, helping all the muggleborns being recognised and getting work in the magical world is amazing.
I like that fact that he likes to work in his own restaurant and that no one catches on.
11/28/2023 c23 kiwihipp
That was an exciting chapter! To the end, Dumbledore tried to take the glory from Harry! Thank goodness for them all wearing the protection against all kinds of spells etc.
Good that the spirit of Hogwarts threw Dumbledore out, it should have been done much earlier! He will still die from the curse, so his sentence was lenient.
The message from Dan Granger to Petunia was very effective.
Harry is good at understanding what the Goblin nation appreciates.
11/27/2023 c22 kiwihipp
So suddenly Voldemort is all on his own! Poor him!
Very gracious of Harry to honour the lifestyle Narcissa is used to!
11/27/2023 c21 kiwihipp
Again Dumbledore is thwarted!
Harry really has this thought out very well! I wish him and the team well!
11/27/2023 c20 kiwihipp
Amazing work by Harry and the team.
I hope they learned enough to win the challenge!
Good that Dumbledore was denied access and that they got out unharmed.
11/26/2023 c18 kiwihipp
Tell the wizarding world, after clipping Rita Skeeter’s wings, then challenging Voldyshorts!
Finally, asking Magic to judge who should be believed, Dumbledore or Harry! Really great work Harry.
11/26/2023 c17 kiwihipp
Really shows you how the magicals have no idea how quickly news can be spread by muggle means (computer and internet).
The betrothals are complete, tomorrow, the magical world will know.
It will be interesting to find out what exactly Harry’s plans are!
11/26/2023 c16 kiwihipp
Well done for getting rid of Fenrir and Bellatrix! Just as well Tonks had kept on practising at the firing range. The twins managed to track the death eaters that went back to Malfoy Manor.
Harry is really brave at finding the precise location of MM, now let’s see what happens,
11/26/2023 c15 kiwihipp
Well done Harry for not letting Dumbledore sway you in the punishment of the pink toad! What she did was despicable and she deserved being kissed by dementors!
The double warding of the box was interesting.
971 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »