for No Need for Titles (Originally by A Simple Cup)

6/30/2020 c19 Riverdog
Good chapter wow Adgnar and Iduna are still alive I wonder how Elsa and Anna will react. I especially want to see the reactions of Iduna and Adgnar to Olaf and Olaf calling them grandparents lol.
6/30/2020 c18 6Max level
Love the story
6/30/2020 c19 1timothyd394
Yet another great chapter!

It's quite a surprise to see you changed your mind about the fate Iduna and Adgar, and in a good way. That will certainly be the surprise of the century for everyone.

I've been wondering though, does Eret not exist in your story? I've been thinking he could be quite an ally for Berk and Arendelle considering that he and Stoick are the only ones from the movie that know Grimmel (at least that is the impression I got).

And I know you reveal more about this Æsa character later. Interesting to find someone actually married Grimmel. Since he is Hiccup's arch nemesis in canon (and I'm guessing he is in this too), I think it is safe to say that Æsa will be Elsa's arch nemesis (both being wives and seem to have opposite powers and all).

Looking forward to you next story!
6/29/2020 c19 Mark Aksel Arashi
OMG! This is better than what I expected! This story of yours is SO good, I love it to bits. I'm just gonna say it, it was worth the wait, and now I can't wait for the new chapters! When you showed that revelation on the last part of this chapter, I just got so hyped!

I cannot wait for the next chapters to come, and I hope you're doing alright, with the situation of the world and all. Anyways, keep up the AMAZING WORK!
6/29/2020 c19 Jake
WOW! Nice ending to the Frozen 2 arc. Adgar and Iduna are ALIVE? Not surprised really but still didn't see that coming. "Everything would change and not in a good way?" I'm not sure I like the sound of that. But I'm still looking forward to the Hidden World arc.
6/29/2020 c19 3OechsnerC
YES! Love that Elsa, and Anna’s parents are alive. Really looking forward to reading more now. :) Awesome update.
6/29/2020 c19 DeathCrawler
mixed feelings regard the light fury change but loved the spirit song reference need to watch it again and have a nice break
6/29/2020 c19 5Monkey D. Conan
This was really nicely done, and it was quite the surprise to see Elsa and Anna’s parents alive. I thought you might do something to have Hiccup’s presence change things, but that was a while ago. I definitely didn’t see that coming, nice work. I wonder how you’ll blend together everything for the final arc. Excellent work as always! Can’t wait for more!

BTW, since I never receive notifications when I’m sent PMs for some reason, I just wanted to mention I sent you a PM. Hope you’ll be able to take a look at it.
6/29/2020 c19 5Xivu
I can't really say much about this chapter other than I really liked it. I think the reveal of Grimmel's wife was pretty cool but it does raise some questions about magic and the spirits. It's obvious that she's suppose to be Elsa's opposite and rival but it has been established that the ice spirit (Elsa) is above fire in the hierarchy. Elsa is clearly the boss for all the spirits including the fire spirit so it does feel a bit weird (to me at least) that Grimmel's wife is suppose to be Elsa's equal. If anything I think it would make more sense if this woman also had ice powers. She's Grimmel's wife so she's around 55 which is how old Grimmel's age. Hiccup and Grimmel are clearly mirror images. Grimmel is what Hiccup would have been if he killed toothless so I think it would be cooler if Grimmel's wife was at one point also the 5th spirit but she grew corrupt the other spirits banished her. Maybe she was also isolated as a child but instead of using her suffering to understand and connect with others and make their lives better she grows resentful and evil. If grimmel is what hiccup would have been had he made one single choice in his live differently then she would be what elsa would have become if she allowed herself to grow resentful and evil as well. This way Hiccup and grimmel would be mirrors of each other while elsa and grimmel's wife would also be mirrors of each other. The way it is now i just find her less interesting because her fire powers give her less of a connection to elsa and just make her seem a bit like a generic evil fire badguy to me. I'm sure that you have plans for her and will give her interesting stuff to do but I still won't feel like her have any personal connection other that their husbands are mirrors of each other. Hiccup and grimmel are kindred spirits in a way, grimmel is the joker to hiccup's batman, they were always destined to meet, they, while not the same, are 2 sides of the same coin and I just don't feel that with his wife. I feel like she and elsa could have just gone their entire lives without meeting each other if it weren't for the fact that their husbands were always meant to meet. That's my only real problem with this and it's not just something that I find wrong with this chapter but it's something that will effect my overall experience with this fic because I feel like it's a bunch of wasted potential.
6/29/2020 c19 36AliceCullen3
LOVE IT!
6/29/2020 c19 Guest
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I LOVE IT
6/29/2020 c19 Atea1793
Whoa, talk about twists! I'm liking your changes!

But I do need to bring up something I don't like. Ever since you started posting your chapters after you posted A Simple Cup's original chapters, this story just seems... rushed. It isn't as fleshed out as it originally was. And in this chapter, you made no indication that Agnarr planned on making a stop to Berk like it was stated in earlier chapters when he and Iduna left on their ill-fated voyage. I was kinda looking forward to seeing how Hiccup would react to that. And I was especially looking forward to the "Show Yourself" scene (my favorite in the movie) and seeing it cut like this SUCKED...

Basically, A Simple Cup wrote this story like an evenly-paced, fleshed out novel with insights into the inner workers of the characters and the world around them. With you, it just seems like a script with a little extra added. The difference is rather... jarring to say the least. We readers want to be able to visualize what we're reading in our minds as if we're watching the movies again. But your fast pace prevents us from doing it.

Don't get me wrong, you're a good writer, and you've been doing a good job continuing this story. But there is room for improvement...
6/25/2020 c16 fanficreviewer69
I also would have chose Kenny Rogers song We've got tonight, Bryan Adams is good but doesn't build as well as Kenny Rogers does, at least to me.
6/25/2020 c16 fanficreviewer69
this is a good story and I wasn't disappointed that you didn't do any lemons because of the reason you gave. but was a little disappointed that you mentioned the third dragon movie plots because I found the third movie just dreadful there was no real continuity with the first two movies they added a bunch of story stuff after the fact because any of the new info brought up in the third movie should/would of been mentioned earlier. like in the first instead of going for the close nest he would of gone for the hidden world since stoic knew that was the home of the dragons, and don't even get me started on the whole Astrid plot of the third movie it's only saving point was the new dragon designs. and you could always make a new story just for the m rated stuff so that you don't have to worry about this main story being taken down, the writer of 'the dragon master and the snow queen' did something like this probably for similar reasons as you but wanted to cater to and appease the readers that wanted the more m rated stuff. otherwise keep up the good work and update soon.
5/31/2020 c18 Jake
Interesting story regarding the new dragon; the Frostripper. A real shame what happened to it.
217 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »