for Hidden

8/5/2020 c1 18tallsunshine12
The internal rhyme was great and each description hit home! My fav line is Coordinates, a mystery.
12/11/2019 c1 23Glossina
I don't usually go in for HH poetry but something told me to read yours and I'm so glad I did. This was just awesome. You did such a wonderful job of this.
12/11/2019 c1 71snooky-9093
A beautiful oiece of work. (at 60, I've forgotten most of what I learned in school-AP Engish for Americans on here-about poetry terms etc. But I know when I like something and when something is well-done.

Within the first and last verse, you've given us a remarkably, concise look at our heroes. Like another reviewer stated, I also appreciate the use of duty for Hogan, not mentioning Carter's perceived youth.

Great work.
12/10/2019 c1 1Carla210
One thing that I wish the people in charge of HH hadn't done. In the pilot episode, it was stated outright that Newkirk had been a magician, and a successful one, in civilian life. This is where he got his sleight of hand and lock-picking abilities. As the show progressed, though, Newkirk began to be portrayed as a petty criminal instead. I wish they'd kept the original backstory.
12/7/2019 c1 21Tuttle4077
Very nice. It always amazes me how you can paint such a clear picture with few words- poetry is a hard craft, but you use it so well.

I like how you've chosen to describe each hero. You've summed up their struggles and strengths perfectly.
12/7/2019 c1 29Abracadebra
From the standpoint of the craft, I’m fascinated by the way the rhyme scheme doubles back on itself (cornerstone/backbone and thief/belief, for example). It somehow makes each miniature portrait more conversational. I’m not sure if there’s a technical name for the pattern, but it’s sort of a jagged rhyme to my mind and I like it a great deal.

As for the miniatures, well, you capture an essential quality of each one, and it’s not the quality of the typical caricature. I like that you emphasized duty for Hogan, not his glib wit or crazy luck or wild schemes. And I’m always grateful not to read “young” when I read about Carter. Optimism, though — and, yes, a degree of skill that others underestimate. That's Carter!
12/7/2019 c1 32Wynsom
What a remarkable and accurate summation of the characters and their mission! Brilliant!
12/6/2019 c1 18Ennui Enigma
Beautifully explored.
I love the capstones on this piece.
The beginning and ending verses ... the contrast in them is perfect
They rhythm of this piece fits the tone. Rapid and fluid.
12/6/2019 c1 Guest
Excellent! But then, your poems always are. I'm not much of a poetry fan in general but I couldn't pass yours up. Thanks for writing!