FanFiction.Net
for Betting Against Us

12/5/2023 c1 80tmtcltb-kals
Wow, this got to me. You expressed exactly what O would have thought Barney would be thinking/feeling. Bad enough that his friend is marrying his ex, but to realize that they all saw him as a pit stop would hurt. Nice job.
12/24/2021 c1 2OnceUponANeverAfterTrueLove
At times I really hated both him and Lily. They were really crappy friends, betting against their friends relationships , lily breaking up most of Ted's relationships. Marshall was really rude to Robin and Barney most of the time.
12/21/2021 c1 Ulovemilkboy19
This is so good please write more of it please.
6/29/2021 c1 Guest
"Can't wait for Ted to tell Robin to give up her dogs again! Or for him to tell her that she's not needy enough! Or for Ted to demand for her to be a 50s housewife whom he "banged" into marriage, like he wanted in Trilogy Time! I bet Robin and Ted will work just as well as Ted's parents admitted they had in Brunch!1!" Bah! Fu*k no!

The ending of the finale was disgusting and OOC with so many harmful messages about what love is. I really hate how Barney got completely screw over.
6/5/2021 c1 Guest
maybe it's a good thing the lily/marshall $5 bet was a deleted scene.
5/15/2021 c1 12groundcontroltomajortom
This is well realised. It was rare in the series to get much of Barney's perspective, though in the later seasons there were hints at what was going on underneath (particularly in "Tick, Tick, Tick" as you have mentioned here).

It would be great to read a second chapter, particularly as:

1. Typically Barney does not stay angry indefinitely - it's not really in his character, though I think this story is characteristic of some of his outbursts in the series (e.g. "If you were going to be some lame suburban Dad...").

2. I would hope that the others, and especially Robin, would not just let him walk out. In some ways, this could be viewed as the reverse of Robin's spell when she drifted away.
3/8/2021 c1 38tentsubasa
Man, that was a gut-puncher. Poor Barney and Robin! That was really low of Lily and Marshall. I hope there will be a continuation!
8/11/2020 c1 8MadameMorganLeFay
Wow, this is a fascinating and convincing take on the bet between Marshall and Lily. I had not watched these later seasons seriously enough back when I followed HIMYM, so I can't give my take on the issue. But you wrote well from Barney Stinson's perspective post-finale, and made me think carefully about my own impressions of Marshall and Lily. I will have to go back and check some of the episodes you mentioned to see what I make of them. Amazing story.
1/1/2020 c1 Guest
I never review fics but man, this broke my heart. :( Marshall and Lily clearly didn't care about Robin's feelings or what she wanted since it was based on Ted's status, not to mention Marshall should have a least given Lily the money when Ted and Tracy had Penny. it's messed up for them to even bet on their friends lives especially Ted since he's supposed to be their best friend. I would think Robin would go after Barney, I would hope so.
12/30/2019 c1 1xAnxnymxusx
Oh god please write a sequel. I’m crying already
12/30/2019 c1 trueReader19
Please write another chapter soon, I'm so invested in your story.