for Finding Frodo

1/6 c3 Guest
I didn't even know that fan fiction existed until recently, so this is my first exposure. I just picked this piece 'Finding Frodo', by chance. And I found the cadence and dialogue similar to my remembered reading, though it has been years. I'm interested in seeing where this to f2f tion leads.
12/31/2019 c3 47megSUPERFAN
A little sad, Frodo's first Yuletide without Bilbo. Like you said in this chapter, "a series of firsts". I absolutely love the idea of Frodo recollecting Bilbo's words about the stars and the Elves, and had to smile at the fact that Frodo can't live in as disorganized a manner as Bilbo used to.
It always feels so wonderful to go back and visit the Shire, and your stories make me feel right at home among the hobbits. :)
12/31/2019 c3 5Simbeline
A very sweet, sad chapter. It's nice to see Frodo getting into the swing of things, even if he's still grieving. And now I'm in suspense because of what feels like ominous foreshadowing regarding Bell...

Thanks for updating :)
12/23/2019 c2 Mithrial
Lovely writing. Hobbiton is such an interesting place to write about. There are certainly some interesting characters there.
I'm enjoying the telling of how Sam came to work for Frodo. XX
12/23/2019 c2 margie-me
A marvelous read! I thoroughly enjoyed it, I really did. Mister Frodo's missteps here and there, as he begins to settle into the role of Master of Bag End, read quite naturally. Forgetting the rents, dealing with malicious rumors, and burning his pan of scones, brings up sympathetic fellow feelings of having committed similar failings. (In fact, I just burned up a small pot of boiled eggs when I dozed off Sunday morning, while intending to allow them 8 minutes to cook: it was an hour later that I awoke to the smell-and the mess!) Thanks to Sam, and those who love and respect him, Frodo will do alright, though. (He'll one day become more familiar with "The Dancing Horse ", is it, in Bree, too. Nice touch.)
12/23/2019 c2 47megSUPERFAN
Ugh, the Sandymans are just awful. Glad to see Frodo learning, and dear Sam helping out! :)
12/22/2019 c2 114shirebound
It warms my heart to know that Frodo has such good and loyal friends, and such honest ones at that. You immerse us into Shire life so beautifully, I suspect you visit there in your dreams and just transcribe what you've seen and heard. And I, for one, am grateful for it.
12/18/2019 c1 margie-me
So happy to see this posted! I have been following/ reading a good deal of LOTR fics by various talented people for some time, and I felt very happy when I saw this from you! Many thanks, indeed! First chapter devoured with delight.
12/17/2019 c1 shirebound
Hooray, what a wonderful gap filler! I'm absolutely delighted to see a new story from you. You're beautifully weaving together canon with your own details.
12/17/2019 c1 47megSUPERFAN
I'm so happy you've begun this! :D I love the Shire so much, and I can't wait for more chapters. Merry especially is wonderful, and as much as I loathe Sackville-Bagginses, I enjoy watching Frodo deal with them. Well done!
12/17/2019 c1 5Simbeline
I love it already

This is a great beginning. I loved Frodo's reply to 'This is an insult'. You write good hobbit sass.

Looking forward to future chapters :)
41 « Prev Page 1 .. 3