for If You Get There Before I Do

7/6/2020 c1 11ConstructiveRomance
I read this all a couple of days ago in a mad rush on AO3 and now I'm re-reading taking my time because it is SO GOOD. Honestly, I don't think I've ever read a tent fic that captured them as well as you do. In this chapter, you're not tip-toeing around the awkwardness that exists between them after Ron, or pretending they relished in it like some HHR authors.

I loved Harry describing the alternating anger and sorriness of it. It was great then when Hermione said she was angry, and for a moment he mistook the anger to be toward him. It was quite good writing that you wrote so simply in that moment, but the weight of it was not minimised. It was a milestone in them recovering from his absence, finally a shared acknowledgement and sentiment.

Having Hermione think about her role now that Ron is gone was interesting too. Without him to bring some levity, they both need to do it themselves - both of them are a little prone to intensity, after all. Harry with his brooding and Hermione with her control and 'neuroses' . This is realistic I think but you kept it - somehow - rather light too. One thing I sometimes miss in fanfiction is Harry's wit, which I think you definitely bring in this chapter. 'don't make me blush' was so good.

Anyway, great first chapter! Thanks for writing this
7/5/2020 c12 jminator
This story was so beautiful...
Hope to see more of your work soon!
6/6/2020 c1 Alexisnikolaev
That ending though! Perfect!
5/30/2020 c12 IloveHeat
Oh my goodness. Best last few sentences of a story I have ever read. This I will remember. Thank you
5/27/2020 c12 1battybiologist
Great work. I agree the transition was a bit abrupt but it helped keep the focus of the story where it needed to be.
5/13/2020 c12 Beyondthesea16
nice ending
5/6/2020 c12 5Twylyte
That was really nice. Just... so very nice.
Great story,
-Twy
5/5/2020 c12 Sofia
I loved it so much! And I totally understand frustration with other stories with bashing or everything is rushed. But you story’s progression was so natural. All the feelings, all the frustration, their inner turmoil - everything was experienced with them through your words. Thanks a lot for your work. Definitely would be reading again and again.
4/29/2020 c12 Guest
Loved this story! The characterisation and build up of feelings is wonderful. And the touch of humour here and there is so good too. This is now one of my favourite stories. Thanks for writing and I hope you continue to write more such harmony stories.
4/28/2020 c12 Guest
Common story setting, but what a fresh and unique take! Which makes it all the more special. I love the way you choose which details to explicitly state and which ones to imply in ways that make more of an impact for the reader. I love the conversations you chose to include. A lot of them are ones I wish happened more in fics. I love that you skipped over the rest of the hunt but gave us scenes on the after. And the happy ending. Made it feel earned. So thanks.
4/24/2020 c7 fish
Have read the whole fic- an amazing read! Most harry/hermione fics I can find jump straight into their romance, which to me has never felt that realistic. This is a brilliant slow burn which stays true to the characters. So happy I stumbled upon this- my favourite harry/hermione fic that i've read!
4/23/2020 c12 5AliceMalefoy
Magnificent! I loved this story so very very very much. It was perfect (ok... one detail on Fleur's name, though heheI can't say I read something better. Thank you!

You, Reader, if you hesitate because you've read too many fanfictions alreadyI read nearly 1,000 and this one is one of the best. Go for it!
4/23/2020 c8 AliceMalefoy
Brilliant chapter, I love that Ron's back that way, you respected everything and at the same time blended it in your storyit is really great.
4/23/2020 c7 AliceMalefoy
So far, this story is incredibly nice and right on point. No mishap, no bashing, I really enjoy it. Soft and realistic, companionship turning into a something more. I am glad I am reading it!
4/18/2020 c12 Anitaxp