for Ravenclaw's Computer

2/26/2020 c8 2mwinter1
Awaiting more.
2/26/2020 c8 158slytherinsal
Sorry about the migraines. I love the menopause, it put paid to almost all the migraines.

I have to say I have postulated before that the elves were related to the fae - and so are dementors.

I am going to rant about a pet grammar bugaboo of mine, for which I apologise in advance.
The Flamels came to see Daddy and *me* - not *I*
Daddy and *I* went to see the Flamels
the first the nouns 'Daddy' and 'Me' are objects, so the object form of the pronoun should be used as the Flamels are the subject of the sentence.
the second, 'Daddy' and 'I' are the subject, and therefore the subject form of the pronoun is uses .
The rant is that nobody bloodywell teaches this in school except for the odd half-baked notion that it should always be 'and I' because the ruddy teachers don't seem to understand what is a simple rule.
Rant over.
2/26/2020 c8 58lonewolf 83
Nice work.
2/26/2020 c8 9Marc the Unruly
Really enjoying it.

Not enough technical information! :) Personally I would have made it 360 Petabytes.

Cheers

Marc
2/25/2020 c8 KC0IVQ
A possible apprenticeship? That could be interesting to see. I wonder if you are going to do something like the others have and the Flamels have only stayed around until the next set of Guardians comes. You did a good job of explaining the tech. It might have been a little too technical if the person doesn't have any tech/science experience but it was still easy to follow. As for the elves being related to the Fae I don't know what to think. I will have to see where you go with it before I can render a sound judgement. I hope the real life issues settle down and the migraines go away. Keep up the good work.
2/25/2020 c8 happylady
Wonderful update
So glad the Flamels were able to help the kids with their projects. I never read anything about elf healers.
Thanks for sharing
Gloria
2/25/2020 c8 bones71
Brilliant chapter enjoyed meeting the Flamels excellent use of tech again. Laughed out loud at Lucius using Muggle stuff. Aww Dobby got his Harry again. I like the premise of Elves and Fae being related it does explain a lot about the elves. Thank you for another great chapter...

I am sorry to hear that real life is being shite I hope it gets better soon and that your Migraines ease.
2/25/2020 c8 kronecker2017
You should check out Gartner's Hype Chart for various years, latest is 2019. They come out in July.
2/25/2020 c8 14RhysThornbery
Really interesting. Fun to read!
2/20/2020 c7 deathwearsblack
Thank you for update.
2/20/2020 c3 Keij
Hmm, your flashback here suggests that the Diary was confiscated by the DMLE before Malfoy had a chance to get it to the school/Ginny.
How then did Harry get enough contact with it to recognise the same corruption on the diadem? (As stated directly in chapter one)
You also state here that he heard nothing more about the diary, so how does he _know_ that it was triggered by writing in it?
2/20/2020 c1 hZJ336bhUEG7cs
This is an interesting story though, with a concept so simple yet powerful that I'm wondering why nobody seems to have done it before. I'm interested where you can take it.
2/20/2020 c1 hZJ336bhUEG7cs
Minor nitpick. Audio and video drivers are software. They can't have "schematics" unless you mean the layout of the code used. What you're looking for are the audio and video cards. These are the hardware components that the drivers are designed to be used for. They are also the ones that have schematics, as they're the ones being manufactured in factories.

Another, more subjective but still minor, nitpick. I haven't heard anybody use ROM when talking about a computer. More often than not, they just refer to the storage as "storage" or the "hard driveor "SSD", if that's what you use instead). The only times I've heard ROM be used is when it's being compared to RAM.
2/20/2020 c7 3BrightSkywalker
This is such a cute story... and your enthusiasm is infectious :)
2/19/2020 c5 21katmom