for Potter and Prejudice

7/20/2020 c6 Hank1967
Dang... Daphne is just SO self-absorbed. Are you sure you didn't adopt this from Taming of the Shrew rather than Pride and Predjudice? ;-) Perhaps I'm missing it, but judging from your author's note Harry is supposed to be prejudiced against Daphne, but I'm not seeing it. She's been snotty to him the entire time, so why would he even acknowledge her? Excellent chapter BTW. Enjoyed seeing Dudley make something of himself.
7/20/2020 c5 Hank1967
Chapters like this and stories told by some of my friends make me very glad I did not grow up around money. Much better to be your own man or woman no matter what hand God deals you. Excellent chapter considering how difficult the topic. Glad to see both Astoria and Daphne standing up against this.
7/20/2020 c4 Hank1967
Sad to see Astoria getting caught in the blowback from Daphne's attitude. Or does Daphne even care? All the politics just inspired me to put Skynyrd's Simple Man on my youtube. Feeling sorry for people caught up in the middle of all this b.s. Great chapter by the way! Very well done!
7/20/2020 c3 Hank1967
Wow... Daphne really needs to get over herself. Harry's not being paid to do this and it's taking away from his real job. Why should he care? It's not as if he hasn't given everything he had to the wizarding world. Some people... Great chapter by the way!
7/20/2020 c2 Hank1967
Excellent chapter! Should I be surprised at how petty Daphne, Tracy and Pansy are being? Really...worrying about the state of someone's clothes when they are a known orphan? Well, maybe not. Spoiled little rich girls and all that...
7/20/2020 c1 Hank1967
Off to an excellent start! That bit with the goblins was too funny! The Potter luck strikes again! That was very well thought out. I think the breakup with Ginny was very well thought out, too. This Ginny was not a good fit for Harry. I'm actually a bit surprised at Ron (well, maybe not...) - he doesn't seem to have learned anything at all, or perhaps it disappeared, shoved aside by his ego with all of the accolades on the defeat of Voldemort. Sad, that. Even so, I guess Ron wouldn't be expected to accompany Harry on his new adventures. That would have turned his jealousy up past eleven! Glad to see Harry getting help from Neville and Augusta. I'm enjoying Augusta. The fact that she thought Potions was easy compared to what she was going to do was awesome! Great job!
6/19/2020 c14 Nero71
The last chapters seemed a bit rushed but overall the story was a good read. Awaiting more of your stories.
6/19/2020 c14 1Indravajra
Loved the parallels between this work and Austen's Pride And Prejudice...
6/19/2020 c14 The Dark Lord Potter
great little diddy...still waiting on a moving on sequel
6/19/2020 c14 bdwilliams3
lovely conclusion and very fun story!
6/19/2020 c14 6DriftWood1965
Very well done. I appreciate your time and efforts to give hours of pleasurable reading.
6/19/2020 c14 2mwinter1
Thank you for an interesting story.
6/18/2020 c13 8CaskettFan5
After chapters of a 'slow burn', this almost seemed rushed. However, it was begun by what happened in all of the previous chapters until the dam (of pride and/or prejudice?) broke. This was a very entertaining retelling of the story, thank you.
6/18/2020 c13 Milagro626
While I enjoy the story, and I love the pairing, I thought the period of time between the "understanding" between Harry and Daphne and the 2nd "Betrothal". I would have thought that they needed more time and talks before the 2nd proposal.

Overall very good story, and seems to follow the "Pride and Prejudice" storyline really well.

Thanks
6/15/2020 c12 JAustenfan
I am a Haphne shipper. However, your Daphne Greengrass suffers from comparison with Elizabeth Bennet. The latter is a delightful character while your Daphne gets more annoying with each additional chapter. Harry did not go behind her back and offered the betrothal to her directly. And that was still a negative to Daphne. Frankly, I think it is about time your Daphne learns some of the truths about Harry. Anymore bitchy Daphne chapter is going to be monotonous.
125 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »