for Potter and Prejudice

6/9/2020 c8 6DriftWood1965
Now...will there be a letter explaining the Weasleys...

Look forward to more.
6/9/2020 c8 43Brother Grimace
To quote Homer Simpson: "More... more."

I can't wait until Percy gets it in the neck. Make him a Ministry-appointed inspector of garden-gnome's colons, or something singularly annoying...
6/9/2020 c8 chc91776
One big question is why would she listen to Percy after both Harry and Dudley said they were attacked. And Dudley saying his parents treated him poorly! Times it feels your pushing the angsty hateful narrative to almost unbelievable levels to fit into P&P outline.
6/9/2020 c8 Milagro626
Interesting ending. Talk about cliff hangers! I can just see her mother trying to find out what is going on, and then talking to her husband, and then they both let Daphne know what is going on. Maybe a little groveling from Daphne? I also see Neville and Harry talking, and possibly Harry getting yelled at by Neville. Oh...The...Possiblities!
6/9/2020 c8 Kirito125690
keep up the good work!
6/8/2020 c8 10Averlovi
Is Daohne really that stupid? Ahe has alot of accusations given there but no proof to back them up. I mean he just said he has no intention of forcing change and then she said he was.

Unlike the story, I just think Daphne is being outright hateful for no reason.

Is this what drives her to accept another man?
6/8/2020 c8 2mwinter1
Awaiting more.
6/8/2020 c8 bdwilliams3
This was very well written! It was a bit jarring to hear the betrothal. Without knowing anything of historical dating or etiquette, is there any type of statement of intention that is less than betrothal but more than casual dating? Regardless, a great job of sticking to the plot points of P&P in the HP world - very well done!
6/7/2020 c7 mwinter1
Awaiting more.
6/7/2020 c1 6DriftWood1965
Haven't just finished reading P&P as well as watching the 1995 mini-series (the best one) and most interested in seeing where this goes. I have a feeling Ron will be Wickham.

I
6/7/2020 c7 23Ghostwriter71
So...Percy must be this reality's version of Wickham?

Another excellent chapter, by the way.
6/7/2020 c6 Ghostwriter71
First, no complaints here...you're doing a fantastic job. Second, I assume (although, you know what happens when you assume...) that Dudley is Colonel Fitzwilliam? It fits...he's Harry's cousin and an office in the army. At first I thought he was Wickham, but then I thought, naw…Fitzwilliam.
6/6/2020 c6 Milagro626
I have never ready Jane Austin's book, but I appreciate the AN explaining your thoughts on the story, and the future chapters to come. I enjoy the "pieces" of information that Daphne has been getting, but it seems one sided in this regard. I bet that if Harry heard these bits and pieces then he will try to fix the situation (or at least Hermoine would) as Harry has a "Saving people" Thing
6/6/2020 c6 bdwilliams3
Another great chapter!
6/6/2020 c6 2Goodkat2010
Really great chapter! Fun fact: "Pride and Prejudice" was originally titled "First Impressions". It was changed to "Pride and Prejudice" because of the popularity of "Sense and Sensibility" and the desire of the publishers to have the next book be titled similarly. Thinking about the story with the title "First Impressions" describes a lot of the plot. Several characters (Elizabeth to Darcy, Darcy to Elizabeth, Darcy to Jane, Elizabeth to Wickham, etc.) make the wrong character judgment based on a first impression and it causes much of the conflict throughout the story.

This is a long-winded way of saying that your response to the criticism of Daphne/Harry learning about each other is perfect. The story is about these characters' snap judgments influencing their future interactions (which happens to many people in real life). I really enjoy how you are telling the story and making it analogous to P&P while keeping the characters as close to their JKR characterization as possible. Lovely job and keep up the great work!
125 « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »