for Harry's Christmas Wish

8/30/2020 c9 13stevem1
This makes more sense. Draco is sweet on Hermione and jealous of Harry.
8/30/2020 c8 stevem1
There is some good stuff in this chapter, but two things are off.

First, Harry and Hermione talking potential marriage at age 11/12 is very weird. Friendship yes, but prepubescent children don’t seriously talk about marriage.

Second, Harry thinking Draco speaking badly about Hermione behind his back not making sense is stupid. It’s blatantly obvious that Draco is lying to him. Why would this confuse him?
8/30/2020 c5 stevem1
I’m glad that Hermione finally released that wizards may have a different culture just like other countries. And there is nothing barbaric about manners from the 19th century.

There appear to be multiple plots and schemes going on in the background.
8/30/2020 c4 stevem1
It was nice to see the Dursleys go to prison, though I was mildly concerned for Dudley.

The Blacks plan to allow Harry’s kidnapping to hit Dumbledore’s power was insane. Forget the emotional trauma to Harry, there is always a degree of danger in kidnappings. They frequently go wrong and people die.

Harry going to Hogwarts is lame. Stories where they don’t trust Dumbledore but still send their kids to his school have never made sense. There are other schools.
8/30/2020 c1 stevem1
The Dursleys belong in prison. How cruel can people be?

I like Harry’s desperation brought him to Sirius rather than the other way around. The Azkaban guard being a decent person was a nice touch as they’re sometimes portrayed as being little better than the prisoners. But decent people guarding Azkaban makes sense in light of the need to cast a patronus.
8/28/2020 c3 hisnhers
I want to throttle Albus Dumbles right now! This is kidnapping and interfering with Banking policies. he needs to shovel dragon dung without any magic until death takes him.

Yes, I am rather ticked off go be polite about it.

8/28/2020 c2 hisnhers
Hmm. "Shame that." lol! yup.

Heartwarming tale of Christmas. Lovely.

8/28/2020 c1 hisnhers
wow. That was heartbreaking. Very glad Harry got his wish.

8/14/2020 c22 40Concolor44
That was some excellent plot-crafting.
Beautifully done with the Albus-as-resurrected-Dark-Lord twist. All very logical once I thought about it.
One nit-pick: You need to have this copy-edited for spelling and missing words or phrases. It occasionally got in the way of the story, and that's just a shame.
Adding to Favorites.
8/13/2020 c10 Concolor44
Welp. The Old Fart was warned, wasn't he?
"I'm the best, I'm the greatest, you should bow to me!"
Yeah, that went over well.
8/13/2020 c3 Concolor44
Damn. That is some more compulsion Dumbledore laid down. Wouldn't want to be in his shoes when Harry breaks it.
8/13/2020 c1 Concolor44
Ooooh, I LIKE the way this begins!
8/9/2020 c1 16senawario
what a promising summary, but I had to stop at Chapter 5.

It was unsettling to see the arrogance of purebloods carried down to Harry, to see Hermione being shunned because she assumed everyone is equal, and finally she has to humble herself to simply get along with what *should have been* her equals. You do realise the thing about adapting when you are in a foreign country is not actually a good analogy, don't you? This is not a foreign country, it's just stuck in the past.

I still read on, but the last straw was at the end of chapter 5, when Harry says Sirius deserved to go to Azkaban. I was never, and will never be, a fan of Snape, but this was way too much to stomach. I stopped reading at that point.

You may claim inspiration from RobSt in one of your ANs but RobSt would never, ever, write UTTER TRIPE like this. Now I will go and re-read chapter 8 of Knowledge is Power to wash the horrible taste of this putrid writing out of my mouth.
7/30/2020 c2 Guest