for Red Randall 1 Clue of the Broken Blade

7/17 c15 29Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Great chapter! I have a feeling Josafina is going to end up being descended from Giovanni, but I could be wrong. Here begins the final quarter of the book! I'm looking forward to seeing how it's all going to end up (at least, what twists there will be different from the book
7/13 c14 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
This is quite the breakthrough! Hopefully Josefina will be able to give them some clues about the potential illegitimate heir. The Carson's Lodge trap is a great idea, once they work out the details.
I hope the house works out for you. It sounds great!
6/27 c13 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
It's quite the coincidence that June is working for Vincent Steele, too. I remember this vaguely from the book, but I don't remember if she has more of a role than this. Clearly, somebody else is looking for the Adelante and doesn't want to take any chances of anyone else getting clues from this book. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
6/27 c12 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Too bag Miguel didn't know more since he was so willing to talk. At least the fellows got a few more pieces to the puzzle, even if they're going to have to do a lot more digging. I wonder what this change is going to be.
6/19 c11 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Yes, I do remember this adventure from the book. It's a good thing they happened to be near that campsite. It was very helpful to them.
Introducing Encyclopedia Brown into this story is an interesting idea. He definitely fits with the color scheme! Any chance of Father Brown making an appearance? Lol.
5/30 c10 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Finally, I get to settle down and read this chapter! I probably won't get to the Nancy Drew or Valley of Diamonds chapters till tomorrow, though. That's not a reflection on your writingI've had a very busy week and really bad time management skills, so here we are. Anyway, this chapter was fun as usual. I was wondering if any more Clue people would show up. They're bound to cause some trouble for the gang. I love that Sunny names the cars. Lol! Looking forward to the other chapters and I hope your break does you well and that these changes all turn out to be for the best!
5/18 c9 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
I'm glad Lloyd is along for the ride now! I enjoyed the bantering between him and Sunny as well as Sunny "letting off a little excitement". Lol. The ending was exciting! I was wondering if Mrs. White would be part of the movie. I'm thinking she didn't actually stab anyone, though!
Treasure of Dolphin Bay sounds interesting. It's kind of weird, but I like mermaids more now than I did when I was a kid. I don't know why. Anyhow, as always, I'm looking forward to anything you write!
5/10 c8 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Great chapter! It was definitely fun to read. I'm glad Harry seems to have learned his lesson and helped them, at least a little. I'm with Red, thoughwho is trying to kill them? Whoever it is knows that they're looking for the sword hilt, and I don't think too many people would realize that. Not only that, but it has to be someone who could find out what their schedule is so that they could arrange the whole murder attempt.
5/3 c7 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
I remember this part from the book! It's a good thing the Adalante wasn't in that wine cellar! ;) It will be interesting to see what you do change from here on out, especially the next part as they deal with the overeager driver of that bulldozer. Lol, that's one of the parts of the book that I remember best. I have to say, I'm really enjoying this story. In some ways, I'm almost enjoying it the most of all four of the stories you're posting right now. Hopefully writing will get easier on both this one and Valley of Diamonds. As always, I'm looking forward to what you have coming next!
4/26 c6 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Now that you've given some background, the Hardy Boys mystery is coming back to me. It's been a while since I'd read this one, so I had kind of forgotten quite a few of the plot points until now. This will be a lot of fun! I enjoyed Mr. Hughes' logic that sometimes you have to do weird things to sort out who you can trust. It goes a long way to explaining his character, plus it gives a method to his madness, if Red and Sunny are correct in thinking that he's trying to sort out which employees/friends he can trust. I'm thinking now that the culprit isn't someone we've seen already (I have to confess, I don't remember who the culprit in the book was!). I'm looking forward to meeting the other suspects. I guess I assumed that the family had Italian names and lived in Switzerland because Italian is pretty commonly spoken in Switzerland? It could also be a weird oversight. Honestly, if you do decide to just scrap that part of it, that would be fine with me. Keep up the great work!
4/18 c5 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
I'm glad Signor Russo didn't die after all! As long as he didn't actually get a good look at the would-be murderer, it still works just as well for a mystery, and of course, being based on a Hardy Boys book, the treasure hunt would be the bigger mystery. Is this the last we'll see of the Clue characters in this story? I can see how that would work fine, although on the other hand, White seems like she could take the place of the actress from the book, so she might be in it a little more. I have to say, I really like Roy's name. It follows the color theme twice over, which is awesome! I love double meanings in books. Great job! Looking forward to really diving into the mystery now!
4/12 c4 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
So here begins the real mystery, although there probably have already been clues that I should have been paying more attention to earlier! Lol. Anyway, all my reading of mystery stories tells me that the one person I can depend upon to not be the murderer is the obvious one (I won't name names in case anyone who hasn't read the chapter is reading the reviews). On the other hand, I really don't think the murderer is any of the Clue characters, since you intend to write a Clue series. I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking, anyway. Of course, that would mean that it's most likely one of the servants, which none of them particularly stand out to make sense. Peacock and White arriving late might have something to do with it all, and I feel like they all must have a reason for being so curious about Signor Russo's meeting. I'll have to think about this.
I do have one minor critique of this chapter, which is entirely about formatting rather than the content. I think it would have been better if the last long paragraph had been broken up into two or even three paragraphs. It would make it a little easier to read (I lost my place once or twice because I glanced away and then couldn't find my spot back right away), and it would help build intensity, I think. Otherwise, the chapter is great, as always.
You're very welcome for the reviews! I enjoy reading your stories very much and always look forward to the updates. My rule of thumb when it comes to how graphic a story can be is to give the minimum necessary for the story to make sense. So, sometimes it's necessary to mention blood because it's an important clue, but being really graphic about describing it is almost never necessary. It frustrates me because I like watching detective TV shows, but most of them are murders and they show so much unnecessary gore sometimes that it takes the fun out of watching it. So, yeah, minimal graphic violence is very much appreciated.
4/5 c3 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Great chapter! If I was in the story, I don't think I'd be very curious about Signor Russo's meeting, but being a reader, I have a feeling it's going to be very important. I think these build-up chapters work well for this story. You've got a pretty large cast of characters, most of whom are OCs, and even those that aren't, like the Clue cast, are still pretty much blank pages so that you can make them into anything you want, so these early chapters are important for letting the readers get to know the characters before the mystery really starts going in earnest. I also don't think that minimal action is a problem. A prefer at least a little action in stories, but not when it takes over the entire story! Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
3/29 c2 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
Things are starting to get interesting. Clearly, these disreputable friend of Mr. Hughes are the Clue cast, and so I'm guessing they're going to be the main suspects in the murder. Mr. Hughes' life is also already being threatened? I was expecting him to be basically the same as Mr. Boddy, so I'm guessing the person threatening him isn't going to be successful just yet. That leaves the problem of who is going to get murdered in this story? And who is Delilah? Mr. Hughes' wife? Looking forward to next chapter, plus I'm looking forward to the beginning of Valley of Diamonds tomorrow!
Oh, cool. I need to download the Spring/Easter Collection. In case you're interested, I'm doing the same thing: my ebook Hidden Clues: The Lane Sleuths Short Stories 1-6 will be free all this week, starting tomorrow.
3/21 c1 Elizabeth Joan-hbndgirl
I'm liking this story already. Red is sharp, so he'll make a great detective, and Sunny and Lloyd will be fun with their pranks (I'm thinking they might eventually get Red to fall for one, but I don't think it will be easy). I can totally sympathize with Red being nervous about the new job - new jobs are always stressful, especially when it's looking like Mr. Hughes will be a bit on the eccentric side. But then eccentric millionaires are always fun. Lol.

Desktop Mode . Twitter . Help . Sign Up . Cookies . Privacy . Terms of Service