FanFiction.Net
for Love me, Love me not

12/27/2019 c1 946Yemi Hikari
When the writer warns the characters are OoC I – as a reader – am left wondering if the writer lacks confidence in their own abilities, or if they made the character OoC to make their plot work. Either way, OoCness is bad writing, yet this shouldn’t be confused for a character acting differently because their circumstances changed.

In this case I wonder if the writer actually got Shikamaru’s character, given the fact they actually say, “his gift of intelligence from Kami-sama came with a hefty price though, as it made him seem to have a rather cynical and bored air about him.” That, or the writer doesn’t actually know what the word cynical means. It doesn’t mean “lazy”, which is more apt to describe him as a character.

Then there’s Ino who, “however much she liked Sasuke (for his looks and cool attitude), she realized they could never be together. The writer doesn’t really give a reason why – no, having a ton of rivals doesn’t count, but instead makes Ino come across as a coward who is bowing out because she doesn’t think she is good enough, yet that’s definitely out of character for her.

We’ve also got the issue of falling in love making the characters out of character when it doesn’t, yet Shikamaru spent most of his life around Ino, yet now he thinks she looks like an angel? This came out of nowhere, but doesn’t seem like something he’d care about. He just suddenly likes her. Same goes for Ino. Love doesn’t work that way though, but there doesn’t feel to be any connection between the two except for sexual attraction.

As for Sasuke, why even include him at the end, except to pick on the character because the writer thought he got in the way of their ship?

P.S. If the writer HAS to say they know the characters are out of character, they shouldn't bother asking whether the reader finds it totally uncharacteristic of them as they've already got their answer. The whole point about OoCness is that it is totally out of character, but not explained with any logical reason.
7/2/2010 c1 44song six
This was a very sweet oneshot.

I really enjoyed the interaction between Ino and Shikamaru at the flower shop especially. The way the story ended was pretty nice too!

Keep on writing and I'll keep reviewing!
12/22/2007 c1 18Fantasy Fan Girl
Shikamaru is nervous how cute. Keep writing.

Fantasy Fan Girl
12/11/2007 c1 9Eggman Oyu Castle
Wow! That was so wonderful! Hee! ShikaIno! Hee! The part about Sasuke at the end seemed kinda off. HaHa. Wouldn't he be glad to have one less girl chasing after him? Well, I loved it all, anyway!
5/19/2007 c1 BlooVeggieStix
Oh! lawl.
3/12/2007 c1 deactivatedstg
HAHAHA! That Sasuke part really just caught me unexpectedly. I started cracking up when I saw that. Anyway, good story.
3/12/2007 c1 3Lost Memories 414
I really liked it. Youre a good writer! Especially for a first time! Please look at my stories! Thanks!

LostMemories414
10/10/2006 c1 wryter4-hire
so kawaii! and that sasuke! it almost makes him seem like a bastard. Ya know? Like he likes all the attention. Mabye he does but dosnt let it show. I dont know and its making me confused.
5/4/2006 c1 VictimOfCircumstance
wouldn't sasuke feel... happy that one of his fangirls gave up?

i dunno, that's just my personal opinion.

incredibly fluffy, but a little bit of fluff never hurt anyone.

its kind of OOC for shika, but he's a complex guy.
6/15/2005 c1 3cherz
Hey! This was cute...poor Sasuke lost a fangirl to Shikamaru! =P
2/6/2005 c1 3faLLen-dreamz
haha, i love the part in your story, you last sentence, where you said that Sasuke "felt a small pang of pain at the loss of yet another one of his fangirls." That was really funny XD
12/17/2004 c1 14Aryanne
the loss of his fangirls? . . . i think that's a stretch for sasuke, but hey, who knows?

nice one-shot.
11/9/2004 c1 3FoxyFire
great fic!

i love it!

the sentence at the end is great, you should do other fics for the other couples ;-)

c u
10/31/2004 c1 insanely-normal
Cute.
9/26/2004 c1 3addict-07
hello...i LIKE IT! you should have continued it...(I'm an INO FAN hehehe..) hahaha..i like the last part when Sasuke saw them...good for him! Bwahahaha...^-^
35 Page 1 .. Last Next »