FanFiction.Net
for Just One Wish

8/25/2020 c9 44Temple Cloud
Ugh! Quite apart from Palpatine's plans to massacre the Jedi, the idea that clones are regarded, not as people who have the right to live free unless they commit a crime, but as constructs who can be allowed to live only as long as they have chips in their brain controlling them, is horrifying - and, particularly, so is the idea that lots of normal people, not villains like Palpatine, apparently accept this as normal. If we do succeed in changing the future in this timeline, I hope the clones get justice.
8/24/2020 c11 Guest
Great story! It had a happy ending for this Anakin and his family even if Padme becoming Empress was a tad over ambitious... I would have loved to see what happened to the old Luke and Leia. The story could’ve continued on an alternate timeline route (future isn’t changed but they are now armed with knowledge of the past) but I suppose that’s what a lot of fics do already.

Anyhow, thank you for the story! I read it all in one sitting and I enjoyed it. Padme was great; I enjoyed her character and I also love the bonding between the twins. Plus, Leia finding Han Solo again was just golden.
8/23/2020 c5 Guest
Oh wow, another heavy chapter! I wasn’t sure how the Leia reveal will happen (did no one else notice the resemblence but Padme?). I like how you did it without outright dialogue, with Luke noticing the subtle details in Leia. You can just feel the horror and devastation happening and yet she remains polite.
8/23/2020 c3 Guest
Yikes, that was an emotional confrontation. I get that Ben and Anakin want to get to know Luke and deny their future wrongdoings but cornering him isn’t going to make things better. Luke is clearly triggered yet Anakin doesn’t leave.

It also seems like Anakin doesn’t like Leia much. She’s not going to handle it well if she finds out he’s her father too!
8/23/2020 c5 Temple Cloud
Dear LadyVader,

I'm still enjoying your story, and eager to see how it turns out. I'd guess that if Anakin doesn't know much about pregnancy, it isn't so much because he was 'raised in environments that had little or nothing to do with a healthy childhood' (after all, people in deprived neighbourhoods still have children) as because a lot of the people he knew as a child weren't human, so he doesn't necessarily know much about human reproductive systems and how they compare with Rodian, Toydarian etc equivalents.

Thinking about what Luke and Leia are going through (in canon and in your story) with discovering that Darth Vader is their father, I wonder whether you've read The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold? This is book 3-ish to 4-ish in the Vorkosigan series, but the first to star Miles Vorkosigan himself. Growing up on the patriarchal, feudal and militaristic planet Barrayar, Miles and his friend Elena Bothari, the daughter of Miles's bodyguard, are two teenagers with a serious case of I-want-to-be-a-warrior-like-my-father - and they can't, Miles because he is disabled and Elena because women aren't allowed to serve in Barrayar's armed forces. Miles's father, Aral Vorkosigan, as a child had fought to overthrow a tyrant who had murdered his family, and as a man had been a great space admiral who conquered a neighbouring planet to stop them enabling invaders to attack Barrayar. Elena's father, Sergeant Konstantine Bothari, had been a soldier under Miles's father's command - until he was involuntarily medically discharged for undisclosed reasons, shortly before Elena was born. As Elena becomes more frustrated at her father's refusal to tell her who her mother was or how she died, Miles resolves to help her find out the truth, while they - Miles, Elena, Sergeant Bothari, and a couple of random misfits Miles has befriended along the way - take up interstellar arms smuggling and accidentally recruit a fleet of space mercenaries. Let's just say that the family reunion Miles eventually brings about doesn't turn out well for anyone.

Well - let's also say that if you've read the first book in the series, Shards Of Honor, you already know the secrets that Miles and Elena are going to find out. Personally, I'd recommend reading Shards Of Honor, the story of how Miles's parents first meet, and 'Barrayar', the sequel describing their early marriage up to Miles's birth, as they and Sergeant Bothari are among my favourite characters, and don't get nearly enough page-time subsequently. But if you want to empathise with the confusion Miles and Elena experience, and don't want spoilers, start with The Warrior's Apprentice.
8/22/2020 c1 Temple Cloud
Agghh - Anakin really wasn't expecting a family reunion, especially one that went like that - you meet your children from the future and find out that they hate you! For thoroughly understandable reasons, of course - Luke is an exceptionally kind and forgiving person, but there's no way he'd be feeling friendly to even a young and innocent version of his father at a time like this. But it's confusing for Anakin and Obi-Wan to work out why these people they've never met are so upset with them.
8/18/2020 c11 Moon FireStar
Congrats on the completion of your 1st story! I really did enjoyed this story. I love "fix it " fic's I always thought the Jedi Council sucked. And Yoda and Mace were the worst. I totally love that you took their connection to the Senate away. And I also agree, there could never had been a true happy ending for the original Luke and Leia. Having the memories of the original timeline would of destroyed any hope for a completely happy future .
8/16/2020 c11 27CharlieBoneFan
Nice job!
8/15/2020 c11 JackRussell.Lover
So glad this story got completed! I really enjoyed it so much!
8/14/2020 c11 NefertariQueen
Honestly I don’t feel sad it all. Quite the oposite I loved this ending very much. It just has sense and Force I LOVE to watch how Padmé ran at the Council. I loved this fic, thank you so much for writing.
8/14/2020 c11 Guest
No Mara?
8/14/2020 c11 Ann
LOVED the Epilogue! Especially Padme vs. Jedi Council.
8/14/2020 c11 sunmoonwindandstars
I. LOVED. IT. Start to finish, it is an amazing story! Great writing! I enjoy your works so much!
8/14/2020 c11 5Lakesunshine97
Yay! I'm so happy you finished this! You ended it beautifully!
8/14/2020 c11 4MalirBly
This story was great, and what an amazing conclusion to a wonderful story!
MalirBly