for Shattered Pegs

4/26/2020 c2 Uemei
Read this real quick, and while it's not exactly my cup of tea, I'm still happier with this than the remake.

I also dropped by your page to see if you've started that one, which is why I read this, and to clarify; while I'd read your Sephiroth time travel piece, I'd super love your Tifa time travel one.

Together they both kind of remind me of an old eva fic where everyone went back after the third impact to try and make things right, and it was just super uncomfortable and ridiculous until Asuke finally broke the taboo, and asked if everyone else was from the future or was she remembering everything wrong.
the fic abruptly ended after that, I guess because the author didn't have any idea where to go with it once everyone had to be honest with each other.

Oh god gears are turning in my head thanks to that thought. Imagine everyone knowing the future but Zack, cause he died, but was saved because Cloud Peggy Sued back to the BC final fight. So he drags Zack to the sector 7 train station, Tifa and Coud have an 'odd' reunion and they get the bombing contract from a surprisingly trusting Barret, Zack buggers off to Aeris who's happy but also odd... a few days later when sector 5 reactor happens Zack's with Aeris when Cloud falls into the church, but Aeris is the one who shouts, "Cloud!" first. I need to write this, or at least outline all these scenes.
4/14/2020 c2 12Cyan Quartz
Loved the story man! Wow! Didn't see that ending.
4/8/2020 c2 00virtuezero
I will admit for a second their I thought Cloud was generally snapping from despair and giving up since it seemed that Sephiroth and Jenova always came back.

But honestly this makes the most sense and is in character for Cloud. Especially highlighting his martyrdom behavior and self destructive nature.

I do like the implications that Cloud do very dark and ruthless things during his time taking command of the Remnants in order for his plan to work.

For a second their it seemed he was going to kill Nanaki and Cait Sith in order to go forward.

Sending Jenova into the Sun was the most logical thing to do since it was the only way to completely destroy her down to the last cell.

Just sending her off planet would just repeat the cycle.

Speaking of Cloud mentions his child dream of being a hero, honestly when it comes to the term of “hero” in the FF7 world it had various different meanings. Sephiroth was called a hero do to his strength, and by extension others like Cloud and Genesis felt that what being hero was.

Zack somewhat followed that until he realized it was about his actions and code that define him.

So you do have your own FF7 story ideas? Looking forward to seeing them published.
4/8/2020 c2 Raj8
It's predictable but there's a good reason why, you'd have to butcher Cloud's character for him not to do this if he was joining Jenova.

Predictable in this case just means people understand Cloud's character.

Overall a good short story that was interesting.
4/7/2020 c1 00virtuezero
Cloud looks into the Abyss and the Abyss stares back.

I've seen fics that I have bought up Cloud''s potential longevity due to Hojo experiments and the high amount of Jenova cells he has within him do to being a Sephiroth Clone. Mind you its often brought up during Vincent one shots, given Vincents own immorality and usually in those fics Vincent, Cloud, and Nanki are often the only ones left of the Avalanche group.

Anyway, this does put strong emphasis on how much Cloud needs the team as his emotional support and without it he would go insane over time given the highly stressful situations he would face. He went into coma after giving Sephiroth the Black Materia and shocking revelation about the truh of what happened a Nibelhelim. Tifa managed to get him out it and also in Advent of Children he was prepared to succumb to Geotstigma, after self isolation.

One of the most interesting and frightening elements of Cloud's character is that he very human. He has moments where does rise above his demons and other times they come back and put him down. Thats the sad reality and its harsh truth that real life people go threw everyday.

When it comes Sephiroth, its always frightening when you realize he can come back again and again, with new plans to screw with the Planet. Intresting enough it was noted the more he does that the more he becomes deranged.

Chaos vs Sephiroth is a fitting and ironic symbolism, the Demon being used to protect humanity against the Angel that wants to destroy it. It sad that the connection between Vincent and Sephiroth is somewhat downplayed at times, especially given the fact they both share a connection to Lucrecia.

FF7R is coming out this week and I can't wait to play it.

P.S.: When you get the chance I would recommend checking out the art of Amethyst Ocean on deviantart, particularly her Danny Phantom Artwork. One of her artwork that in my opinion is a major highlight is her female version of Danny Fenton/Phantom.
4/5/2020 c1 sittingonaplanet
This isn't good for Cloud. I can't wait for you ti continue this, I like the idea too.
4/5/2020 c1 Raj8
An interesting oneshot, I take it he plans to gather all of Jenova at one spot and essentially self destruct killing both himself and any remnants?