for Bowery Nightingale A tale of Nightingale's Odyssey

5/21 c24 40E.M.K.81
It seems Erik has been able not only to survive but to save others at the same time.

Fortunately he doesn't try to become an extortion ist again - he could do it but somehow he resists temptation.

It is really interesting to see Erik being accepted and treated as a respected man in a community. He didn't want THAT social group, didn't choose it, but it is interesting to see him fitting in and doing what he can do to help them.
5/20 c24 Guest
Aaaaand it’s over. Bravo! As always, love your writing, especially the way you characterize Erik, and the personality in all the original characters you introduced.

It’s kinda weird to say this, but I’m gonna miss the structure your story helped bring to my days stuck in lockdown. With the almost daily updates, I always had something to look forward to each morning. Thank you!
5/19 c24 cario
Thank you. An excellent addition to Nightingale's Odyssey.
5/18 c24 MarilynKC
Satisfying ending, with Erik successful in the Bowery endeavor and looking towards the future we have already seen for him.
5/17 c23 Guest
Erik says eat the rich! Okay to be fair he says give the rich cholera but that’s about the same thing right

Anyways I’m loving this story! It’s nice seeing Erik put his mind, his obsessive nature, his physical strength and all the skills (good and bad) he’s accumulated over the years toward a cause that actually helps people, instead of, you know, using ‘em to terrorise an opera house.

Loving the way you characterize him. He’s actually really caring in this one, almost a Robin Hood-esque figure, but he still retains that malevolent mischievousness that he directs at anyone who crosses him.

Also, call em an awful person but I find the dynamic between Erik and the voice in his head really fun in this one? Since this story is a filler Not!Erik can’t do anything too devastating to Erik, so he ends up coming off as more of a musical Beetlejuice to Erik’s Lydia, or a particularly harmless Hyde, and their interactions just give me life.

This was kinda long and rambly but yeah this story is real good! It seems to be in its ending stages and I’ll be sad to see it go. I’ll definitely miss Erik, Not!Erik and all the friends he made in the Bowery (Daniel, Kazmir, Yankel and everyone aren't mentioned in the other stories in this series if I remember correctly, so I hope they’re all okay and keeping in touch with Erik hehe)

Thanks for writing this!
5/16 c23 E.M.K.81
I wonder what crime exactly Nadir suspects... Erik clearly committed blackmail. Maybe he didn't do anything to spread the Cholera, but I wonder how the other rich and mighty men might react. He can't blackmail them all.

Somehow it is good to see that Erik hasn't lost his ability to threaten people effectively if he likes to.
5/16 c23 MarilynKC
Am I a bad person because I found this so satisfying? The Phantom is back.
5/15 c22 MarilynKC
Oh my. That success may only be temporary. And for a man who removed himself from society for decades, Erik has certainly put himself in the forefront here. Seeking justice. Shows what was underneath all this time.
5/14 c22 E.M.K.81
The advantage of wearing the mask - Erik can always deny that he had been the one who spoke for the people of the Bowery. Anyone could wear a mask.

A few men are easily scared away but I don't think they would leave it at that. More likely they come back. With reinforcement and that would create a situation close to civil war.

Unless the illness reaches their own households soon...
5/13 c21 E.M.K.81
Sounds like Erik is in trouble now without trapdoors to help him disappear.
5/13 c21 Guest
They work so hard and finally get a break and fresh water. Then the officials come. Poor Erik! Cant wait for update in this good story.
5/13 c21 MarilynKC
Uh oh, success and then trouble. I wonder what will happen next.
5/12 c20 MarilynKC
So far, so good, the project is succeeding, and Erik does what must be done to avoid failure, even at the expense of his pride.
5/11 c1 Guest
Like how Erik is described as "absent to his own needs when something captivates his attention." This perfectly describes Erik's character in many stories (he seems to never eat or sleep). He forgets about his injuries so he can continue to try to help others. Glad Nadir watches out for him. Hopefully his invention will help the Bowery. Great writing/chapter. Cant wait for update.
5/12 c20 E.M.K.81
It is good Erik was able to swallow his pride and act a role so the police ran away.
53 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »