for The Fellowship of the Quarantine

11/3/2020 c5 Dream Plane
Oh no! XD This chapter was really funny.
8/10/2020 c5 Bigender Elf
I love ot! Its hilarious! Maybye Gandalf jumps down himself to prevent them from getting the virus, And maybye since legolas is scared of blrogs he starts wearing a mask and whines about it. And when bormir dies the river is acually a giant stream of disenfectant.
8/6/2020 c5 earthdragon
Actually, this version of the balrog - squirting toxic liquid rather than using a fiery whip - sounds far more frightening than the book/film version. But why wasn't Gandalf wearing a hazmat suit like the Hobbits - or does he think that because he is immortal, it protects him from catching diseases? So, instead of falling into a fiery chasm, Gandalf is soaked in virus-laden liquid. Although it won't kill him straight away, so perhaps his ring, Vilya, can help produce some antibodies or some form of protective shield so that the rest of the Company aren't infected.

Excellent chapter.
8/6/2020 c5 47megSUPERFAN
Poor Orcs, aw. Poor bat. You called Frodo the "Ring Bear" once; was that on purpose?
Oh no, GANDALF! In spite of all the hazards in this chapter, I can't not laugh.
I'm sorry for the loss of your vehicle, but I'm glad you're okay! Thank you for the update!
6/21/2020 c4 Dream Plane
This is great! XD
6/23/2020 c4 megSUPERFAN
This is magnificent. I love how everyone's first line of defense is Lysol, and the thermometer door is great! Noble Pippin trying to protect the other from his sneezes, and everyone worried about a respiratory illness and still smoking... I can't tell you how much I love this fic!
6/20/2020 c4 earthdragon
I don't think I will ever be able to read (or watch) Lord of the Rings in the same light again. This is so perfect. Coughs in the deep indeed! And horror of horrors, the dwarves ran out of toilet paper and paper towels - and soap and washing up liquid too probably. (I've always been puzzled that the first things that were sold out in the shops were toilet paper and kitchen towels - what did people do with them?) And I love that bit about the crebain being an invasive species - and thus a threat to the environment. I'm glad to see that our heroes are maintaining their social distances - although it'll be difficult for them to keep doing that when they have to leap over that broken dwarven bridge. I'm guessing that when the gang reach Lothlórien, the elves there will be dressed in full Hazmat gear, with weapons belts loaded with sanitising canisters, and that the stairs up Calas Galadhon will be marked with those little yellow circles telling people where to stand in order to maintain social distance. Of course, at the entrance to Celeborn and Galadriel's home, there will be a notice to say no more than two visitors at a time to be admitted. More please!
5/12/2020 c1 earthdragon
Oh, this is indeed overdue. I am so sick (not literally!) of all the doom and gloom being broadcast by the media, not to mention the depressing experience of shopping for groceries and constantly being faced with half-empty shelves no matter how early I do my shopping, that it is time for some black humour.

I see Frodo is already getting his priorities right and is checking that there are plenty of hand sanitisers. Sam is also doing his bit with the face masks and plastic gloves. Elrond in his hazmat suit is a nice touch but is Imladris well stocked with toilet rolls, not to mention rice, pasta, long-life milk and tinned tomatoes? At least the elves don't have to worry about paracetamols, since they use herbal medicines.

Social distancing will be a problem for the Fellowship - not from their companions, but from the orcs, all of whom probably have the virus.
5/13/2020 c3 megSUPERFAN
That Ring sure knows how to corrupt thoughts. Frodo had better be careful. Legolas neglecting his mask, Gimli's Nintendo Switch, Aragorn's hole for his pipe- such majestic Three Hunters. :D
This is great. (I hope it's not the virus that kills Boromir!)
5/9/2020 c2 7Fastred of the North
"If by my exposure or my quarantine, I can protect you, I will. You have my sanitizer." This cracks me up so hard! I love Aragorn. Can't wait for the next installment!
4/30/2020 c2 Majora'sFriend
Hilarious! Well written, and very relateable! All we need now is a toilet paper issue!
4/30/2020 c2 47megSUPERFAN
This is even better than the first chapter! Dwarves discreetly playing video games! Poor Frodo trying to get people's attention! Glorfindel! Clorox! :D It's all amazing. I love this fic; it's the best entertainment!
4/26/2020 c1 3LDS Fangirl Author
Lol, I love this!
I’m glad the writing has been going well!
4/22/2020 c1 ElanorGamgee3
I love this! You totally got me laughing.
4/23/2020 c1 6Celebrant
Nice start! I'd love to see how this story progresses! :)

The interesting thing about having a widespread infectious disease as a backdrop for this story is that it's not too far off the mark. There actually WAS a time in the Third Age when a horrible disease known as the Great Plague swept across Gondor, and significantly weakened it. Wouldn't surprise me if Sauron was behind it. I wonder if the Dark Lord is trying to pull a similar trick in this story with the coronavirus?

Keep up the great work, and stay safe! Hope things get better for you!
17 Page 1 2 Next »