FanFiction.Net
for Fever Dreams

7/25/2020 c16 7wishwars
Well I hope this doesn’t affect Gilbert’s recovery! Oh man, what an exciting chapter! I love how quickly Emma changes her mind about things - going back and forth a bit - and now everyone but Christine is missing Anne! I love that Miss Price even liked her by the end :)
7/25/2020 c16 3Lavinia Maxwell
So glad that Christine Stuart doesn't love Gilbert Blythe anymore! Gilbert handled Christine's rejection with class and humor. Good bye Christine!
Poor Anne Shirley has been sent home and now might possibly have Typhoid :( Poor Gilbert is brokenhearted. He didn't even know that Anne was leaving or get to say goodbye. I'm curious to know what Roy wrote in his letter to Anne?! Love, love your story and can't wait for the next chapter ;)
7/25/2020 c16 Guest
Thank you for updating! I'm worried about Anne, not just her health but also I'm that she might get back with Roy out of lonliness and heartbreak! And of course our girl payed when Christine wouldn't. LoL at Christine thinking she was engaged to Gilbert when he never even proposed. By bye girl we won't miss you
7/25/2020 c16 Maaka94
AHH! I’ve been waiting for this update for what seems like ages! I’m not sure if you have an established update calendar, but I would love to know it so I can put a reminder instead of checking back everydayXP I can’t wait to find out if the spots are what John thought they were!
7/25/2020 c16 AdeptatHumanError
Ugh! So frustratingly good. Always leaving me wanting more! The image of Roy and Christine, commiserating made me lol. And how hot was Gilbert (I thrilled at 'the son of Avonlea' line!) seething in defense of Anne, and Green Gables?

I wonder if it's not typhoid, what Anne's got. I sense this pilgrimage back to Green Gables won't last, as John's not feeling it, Anne seems to be getting worse and I hardly think Anne and Gilbert can keep up their unresolved sexy shenanigans at Green Gables. As always, cannot wait for more!
7/24/2020 c13 Guest
That Schiller quote made me cry. How do you get over a love like that? And just what is Christine 's deal? She clearly wants gilbert physically but is she really in love with him? She knows how he feels about Anne and now she has turned up in the latest chapter with Roy Gardner in tow! Is she hoping to get him back together with Anne so she can have Gilbert to herself?
7/20/2020 c15 Guest
Hi Kwak can't wait for the next chapter
7/16/2020 c15 Regina56
I’ve managed to catch up on recent chapters and now that A & G’s health is improving I’m enjoying the story even more.

Anne’s throat does sound nasty but I’m not gonna speculate as I need a break from nursing and I do like surprises.
In the early days of the pandemic I developed a sore throat which made me uneasy as it can be a symptom of Covid-19. I was fairly sure the soreness was due to dehydration as I wear a mask during my 12 hr shifts and it’s a hassle to remove to drink fluids. (Pulling mask down is a no-no at work. One must disinfect hands first before removing, then lay on a towel and disinfect hands again before donning mask once more.) Still, I remember those sore throats initially causing me worry.

I knew it would be a matter of time before Anne and Mercy would come around to each other and I love that.
I have a colleague I didn’t like much before the pandemic but now consider a friend as we share a common bond that didn’t exist before. There’s is always some good that comes out of the bad as you’ve shown in your story.

As for Roy and Christine, I sometimes wondered why the two of them weren’t a couple
but I won’t speculate here either as you always do a good job fooling me. Their appearance actually excites me because it adds more juice to the story and I’m a patient person.

Although, Anne must have changed a lot at Redmond for Gilbert to think she was meant for grander things and too good for him.

Speaking of grander things, I finally got my hair done (legally) and my husband and I went to Atlantic City for our belated anniversary to a historic restaurant that was popular with gangsters during Prohibition.
Since indoor dining is banned we sat under a tent in the parking lot which afforded a stunning view of the AC expressway. (I made my entrance wearing a Lily Pulitzer inspired magenta and orange face mask.) At one point during our meal a police siren wailed nearby but I couldn’t have been happier if we were dining in a palace with an orchestra playing. I could tell the elegant couple socially distanced at the next table felt the same way. We were all just happy and grateful to be there and no one was complaining as the restaurant folks are doing the best they can to provide some normalcy under very difficult circumstances. Instead of complimentary champagne we were presented with little bottles of hand sanitizer which I was thrilled with.

I’m writing this at the seashore but I have to return to work in a few days. I hope I can keep up with the next chapters but I know it will be there when I need it.
(At the present, Anotherlea is still my favorite book-length story and Graduation Day my fav short story because it just makes me feel happy. I’ve revisited that sweet story whenever I need a boost.)

Cheers!
7/14/2020 c15 GreenGabledGirl
K, I believe you are the alchemist, spinning equal bits of canon and your boundless imagination into fiction gold. I love your use of scientific terms and principles (theorems?) as analogous clues into plot and character: A very Gilbert-y way of looking at the world.
Even the chapter title was clever, as entropy can also mean a decline into disorder.

I tried to imagine what Mrs. Blythe would have called her son in private, given the era. Reprobate? Wolf? I can think of a slew of 21st-century monikers, all wildly inappropriate for a story taking place in the late 1800s. ;-)

My favorite part of the chapter was Gilbert brushing Anne’s hair. I remember the first time a man brushed my hair, and it was every bit as tender, sensual, and intimate.

As for the ending, I was more amused than frustrated by the parade of people peering into the windows of the makeshift sickroom, as if Anne and Gilbert were exotic animals in a zoo. And the appearance of a begloved Roy and a tearfully happy Christine at the chapter’s end was more of a funhouse mirror/circus sideshow that had me laughing! Entropy, indeed!

(Thanks for sharing your musical prompts!)
7/14/2020 c15 Immery
I loved every chapter so far. It's all so good and yet the end is so cruel to the reader. Can't wait for more.
7/14/2020 c15 Guest
thanks for telling us the music you listen to while writing this I love knowing that stuff. Okay so who invited Roy to Avonlea? Christine seems the most likely suspect. Emma's reaction to finding Anne and Gilbert together 'like a clean pair of socks' made me laugh. Wait til she she finds out that John had already found them like that on a previous occasion and didn't tell her. It's interesting to watch Gilbert having to puzzle out Anne's feelings on his own, I love that someone as brilliant as him actually wants a pretty simple life and how he thought that would never be enough for Anne and he was starting to unravel all the threads when Roy and Christine turned up! Argh! The bit with Gilbert brushing Anne's hair perfectly encapsulates how you combine humor and sensuality in this story. I also loved that only Anne knew how much Marilla wanted to scoop her up and take her home.
7/13/2020 c15 Guest
Gilbert is 24. Gilbert becomes ill in July. Gilbert was only two years older than Anne (“nearly fourteen”) in the September when they first met.
7/12/2020 c15 7wishwars
Omg Roy?! I was NOT expecting that twist! I love Emma’s reaction XD and then Gilbert’s nerves and desire when brushing her hair - that was so sweet!
7/12/2020 c15 Guest
Hopefully it’s only laryngitis not typhoid that’s causing Anne’s fever. I loved her showing Gilbert how to brush her hair and that he likes brushing it so much! They’re so cute together :-)
7/12/2020 c15 4DearDorothea
Oh my, another cliffhanger. I don't know if my heart can take much more! Thank you for another chapter, I look forward to it every week.
378 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »