for Fever Dreams

1/17 c6 Guest
no! Why did Gilbert send her away? Is it because of the fever?
1/17 c4 Guest
Hahaha! Davy is so funny. I think it's a good sign that Gil's glaring right?
1/17 c3 Guest
I love that Anne got the fresh air in and it's so good that she's seen this fever before and she knows what to do to help
1/17 c1 Guest
I love this idea that Anne goes to Gilbert when he's ill with the typhoid. Can't wait to read more!
8/3/2021 c22 CCPH
I quite loved this cheeky ending. I think it had just the right amount of tenderness, playfulness and bawdiness expected of two young adults at this time period- technically since life expectancy was approx 50yrs they’re really at midlife so kudos for them and their restraint lol. Though Im about 1yr behind your last post there’s a part of me that’s thankful I discovered your story once it was complete bc some of those chapter endings would have been torture to have to wait for the next one to drop (you’ll know which ones in between were cliff hangers for me bc I didn’t leave commentshad to get straight to it!) Thoroughly enjoyed this story and can’t say I would be disappointed if you made a sequel where I was reading “in real time” so I’d be forced to wait. Just saying...
8/3/2021 c20 CCPH
I never thought I could love their “boat scene” even more but to make their reconciliation(?) love declaration on the very shores Gilbert beg for her friendship was just swoon
8/3/2021 c1 CCPH
La petite mort
8/3/2021 c14 CCPH
How do you conjure this magic! It’s the most sensual chapter yet these two eclipsed lovers are essentially wrecked with gastrointestinal problems hehehe. It’s so beautiful their intimacythey’re waking down the same path of pain (and so it seems pleasure) and no other two people in the would understands each other more in this moment. As with John and Emma’s experience earlier death and sexuality intertwined.
8/2/2021 c9 CCPH
Did the nurses handbook have the bit about turning ones head outward? Oh how I howled when I read Nurse Prices’s nonchalant statement toward Anne because I would have totally done the same! The twist (of fate) you’ve written- love it love it love it. Again taking our canon and turning it on its head. How I love that this pivotal scene, that is typically recognized as the catalyst to rebuilding A&Gs romantic relationship, is now the central point to launch their newly minted angst- pure genius!
8/2/2021 c6 CCPH
I know this story has been posted over a year but I can’t help commenting sometimes: I love this chapter sm! Honestly I love all the chapters between my comments but this one in particular I just found really lovely which makes me feel horrible since everyone was just so frustrated and breaking down and strategizing how to get their way, whether it be getting rest, getting alone time, or at least for Anne how to get into Gil’s room lol. I felt like this chapter encapsulated everything that is just wonderful about AnneGil’s relationship- the intentionality to help that often turns into a farce of sorts... Why does Anne’s attempts seem to fulfill the old adage ”all roads paved to hell...” lol It was such a pleasure to read bc you really did turn upside down the moments of sentimentality forged into our muscle memory into something so new and entertaining. I would have never thought the image of Anne on her knees reciting romantical lyrics at Gil’s dying bedside would have me in stitches seconds later but in such a way that it pays homage to that ‘canon’ since it’s just oh so Anne! Anne’s fluttering about trying to help in a panic after moments of realization that Gil’s needs weren’t being met but, as more often than not, her well meaning attempts aren’t quite thought through in terms of Gil’s POV and it just launches him into the most torturous turmoil both in the literal and hyperbolic sense. I mean, he’s suffering from a respiratory disease and Anne is actually suffocating him in the middle of her breast “pillows” while trying to give him more comfortable pillows which in any other situation would have been a fantasy fulfilled for Gil lol. Alas, he has to contend with the fact that she doesn’t quite have the skills to maneuver his body so he is comfortable and yet she is also the only person in this world that has every skill necessary to drive his body to insane levels of delicious discomfort. OMG this chapter! Disastrous , hilarious, glorious!
8/2/2021 c5 CCPH
The image of Anne hanging out the window in order to clip a stalk of rosemary just to pull the whole of it out is exactly the kind of shenanigans that will pull Gil out from his illness. I quite like that image: something wild, unassuming, and unintended thriving just outside of the window’s purview, only discovered by one whose attention caught the whiff of its splendor... and then quickly chucked themselves out that window! Even in his state of unrest I feel like Gil can feel the essence of Anne.
8/2/2021 c4 CCPH
I usually try to make commentary on every chapter but I’m too engrossed. I guiltily flit to chpt 2 and then 3 and then 4 because I HAD to know what was to come of our Gilbert! The comedy of errors that was Anne Shirley stopping to fix every missed chore before finally getting to that porch was both frustrating (get on with it woman I need to know what’s happening with Gilbert) and completely soothing to my OCD soul lol (good good get those eggs gathered before another laid set threatens to cramp to coop). Let’s just say I think I shared a similar smirk as the one on Ems facepartially bc there’s no doubt that Anne might be the medicine for the soul Gilbert really needed but also maybe the glint of hope all the Blythe’s were needing as well.
8/2/2021 c1 CCPH
OMG this opening chapter is amazing! The pacing is wonderful conveying that strangely stoic yet frantic sensibility of the book where Anne is begging for dawn to come. Here, her bargaining doesn’t come on her knees but rather on her feet in the form of action, literally fighting against the forces of nature as a sort of penance for her all her past disbelief and doubt about her love for Gil. Man if this is how the story kicks off I can’t wait for the coming chapters!
7/22/2021 c1 33piccolabimba
It's interesting to me that you give Mrs. Blythe a different first name in all of your stories. Usually authors "pick n stick". Since you write these AUs,could have beens" might be better), I like that you differentiate the Mrs. Blythes from each other. Very interesting.
6/3/2021 c22 15Curlieque
Nice! I like the weaving of canon with "what if _this_ had happened instead".
378 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »